• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Cavs get love.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.
I was there.

I brought them up only because JD said James had no help for 3 years, when in reality he had the least help in year 1.

:laugh3:

Yah, he had plenty of help. A HOF'r, a consistent all-star, 2 pure shooters, a solid PG (expect in 14' playoffs). Not a great bench, but good enough.

Their only weakness was having a big man, but it worked well for the most part. If Cleveland can get Love w/ Varejeo (both great rebounders), it could be interesting.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

Yah, he had plenty of help. A HOF'r, a consistent all-star, 2 pure shooters, a solid PG (expect in 14' playoffs). Not a great bench, but good enough.

Their only weakness was having a big man, but it worked well for the most part. If Cleveland can get Love w/ Varejeo (both great rebounders), it could be interesting.

Without ' no help' Ray Allen, James would have 1 less ring. Period.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Heat big 3 started, D Wade was a top 3 player in the league and Bosh was probably top 20.
Currently, Love is a top 5 player and Irving is probably top 25.

Its close enough for me to complain.

Lebron. Shouldn't. Need. Kevin Love. The Cavs roster is good enough and you're playing with fire messing with your depth to add a max contract guy at the deepest (or 2nd deepest) position in the NBA right now.

I'm not buying Love as a top 5 player.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a fuss? When?
Those players would be next to useless on the current Heat roster.

I only brought them up because you suggested James had no help, when his recruitment of the bench players from here says just the opposite.
Not implying you only but just in general.

I didn't say he had no help, but when people are calling Wade and Bosh superstars / HOF'ers, it's ridiculous. They may be HOF'ers (Bosh borderline) but their numbers and play don't suggest they are the last 2 -3 years.

Now people want to call LeBron , Kyrie and Wiggins the new Big 3. Boobie Gibson has more playoff experience than Kyrie (and Love) and Wiggins hasn't played a single game. I know some have said Wiggins is the best prospect since James, but if that were the case, then Parker and even a healthy Embiid wouldn't have been in the conversation as being the number 1 overall pick.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without ' no help' Ray Allen, James would have 1 less ring. Period.
Ray didn't hit the game winner, he just sent it to OT in game 6. He played 41mins..... registered 9pts,

Game 7....Miller(19mins) Bosh(28) and Allen(20) played a combined 67mins. They registered ZERO points and ZERO FTA.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way carmelo, love and curry are top 5 players but top 10. As BK has said it's debatable after first 2

MnSota

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is a top 5 talent. His no desire to play D is what keeps him out of the top 5. In Mn he carried a heavy burden being tje main offensive threat and rebounder. If he played with Lebron and Kyrie maybe he would show more effort on D. Defense and hustle is contagious.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't bother me but I did think that one of the reasons Lebron left Miami outside of the other reasons ( punking out, going back home, not getting the Miami Heat organization to be his bitch, and etc) is that he wanted to win a title without the help of 2 stars/superstars/future HOF. Jordan did it with only Pippen while Kobe after the Shaq years only true great player was Pau so Lebron can't lead Cleveland to a title with 3 other # 1 picks on the roster? He needs to replace 1 or 2 of those guys for one of the best players in the game?
MJ also had a very good Horace Grant for the first 3 and Rodman (arguably the greatest rebounder / defender in the history of the game) for his last 3.

Kobe's 2 title teams had a lot of vet experience with Pau, Fisher, Odom and Artest (2010)

Cavs current line-up (projected starters) barely have any NBA experience and most don't know what it's like to play.500 ball

Did Anthony Bennett play like a #1 pick last year?
Will Wiggins this year?

Using the #1 pick route is a weak argument when saying "why can't he get to the Finals with them"....especially when you add their age and combined NBA experience.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way carmelo, love and curry are top 5 players but top 10. As BK has said it's debatable after first 2

What other players would you substitute with them?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please take a moment to admire the great Carmelo Anthony for the special talent he is. It never gets old looking at Melo's history. So many accomplishments Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan will never achieve:

0 Rings
* 0 Finals Appearances
* 0 Finals MVP's, 0 Full Season MVP's
* 0 All Star Game MVP's
* 0 Time All NBA 1st Team
* 0 All Defensive teams
* 3 playoff series wins in 11 years
* 8 first round playoff series losses
* 23-43 career playoff record (worst all time for any player)
* 41% shooter for his career in the playoffs
* 1-17 as a member of the Knicks on game winning shot attempts in the 4th quarter and overtime
* 37% shooting in the 4th quarters of games last season

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please take a moment to admire the great Carmelo Anthony for the special talent he is. It never gets old looking at Melo's history. So many accomplishments Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan will never achieve:

0 Rings
* 0 Finals Appearances
* 0 Finals MVP's, 0 Full Season MVP's
* 0 All Star Game MVP's
* 0 Time All NBA 1st Team
* 0 All Defensive teams
* 3 playoff series wins in 11 years
* 8 first round playoff series losses
* 23-43 career playoff record (worst all time for any player)
* 41% shooter for his career in the playoffs
* 1-17 as a member of the Knicks on game winning shot attempts in the 4th quarter and overtime
* 37% shooting in the 4th quarters of games last season
Wow.......those numbers are much better than that Love guy you're bitter about the Cavs possible trading for.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray didn't hit the game winner, he just sent it to OT in game 6. He played 41mins..... registered 9pts,

Game 7....Miller(19mins) Bosh(28) and Allen(20) played a combined 67mins. They registered ZERO points and ZERO FTA.

Where I come from, if you don't go to OT, then you can't win.
So,again, if Allen doesn't make that shot, James has one less ring.
That's all I was pointing out.

I am in no way saying James wasn't phenomenal. He obviously was.
If your analyzing the series from start to finish, James was the best player, as he has been and will continue to be.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.......those numbers are much better than that Love guy you're bitter about the Cavs possible trading for.

Settle down. Something I reposted on Facebook. I just found it funny

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has any Heat fan said they would be bitter?

I think Love would be the Cavs 2 nd best player, but if they have to give up 2-3 players who would have been in their normal rotation, then they won't be as good of a team.

Not only that, 2 of the players that they would be keeping and then really depending on are both injury prone.

I personally think the Cavs are better off doing absolutely nothing, and then hope Love joins them next year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree

the longer you wait- the less leverage the Twolves have....

Bennett is in just GREAT condition and is healthy- unlike last year- his shoulder is finally healthy- AND he had surgery to correct his sleep apnea....

PLUS- all the pressure is off him now that Bron is back - and we drafted Wiggins- last year there was so much pressure on his shoulders ... Now? he is in the background and has a ton of lee-way to become the player that they drafted him to become

and honestly- Wiggins can extend Lebrons prime by 2-3 years if they are just a LITTLE patient-

Heck- IN MIAMI LeBron did not even win till year 2...... if they give Wiggins just a year or two he can EASILY become what Kawhi Leonard did for the spurs- if not better.....

guys like Leonard (wiggins) and Parker (Irving) and Splitter (Tristan) and Ginobili (waiters?) are the reason why Duncan (LeBron?) was able to extend his career and keep playing at a high level-

Miami was running LeBron into the ground- all this young talent and legs on the Cavs can extend LeBrons career if Blatt runs it the right way....