• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Big 10 is "weak" then what is the ACC?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol you think I'm pumping Duke football? And yes ND sucks. But as bad as we are we didn't have any trouble with the B1G's 2nd best team.

You didn't have any trouble? You won by 4 after being gifted with some of the weakest pass interfences calls in college football this year. You may want to rewatch that game because your memory is not worth a shit if you think you "didn't have any trouble" in that game.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you have made a decision with watching maybe 2 FSU GAMES. The Obama and FSU teams of this year are not the same as last year. Both are completely different. Go back and actually look at the numbers and then come back and tell me your reasoning. Just because Bama won last year does not make them unbeatable this year. The same was said for the 14 yr run FSU had. Each year is different. But hey your opinion is just fine. Some of the Bama fans on here will disagree with you though

Sure they are not exactly "the same," but only a fool would completely discount the results from last year (and to lesser weighting factors up to the last 4). Again, the numbers can be skewed, remember all those big numbers Hawaii with June Jones and Colt Brennan were putting up in 2007? And remember what those numbers meant when they faced a team that was actually good in Georgia?

I didn't say Alabama was "unbeatable," I just think Oregon, Baylor or heck even Ohio State (with their grand total of 1 win against the SEC in bowl games) would have a better shot. And also true is the adage "on any given Saturday" (or whatever day of the week the games falls on), but I would only bet pocket change on FSU pulling that on off.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I would not say definitely better than Indiana. It would be a scorefest with either team capable of winning. But to say that they are probably better than nearly every team in the Big 10 just because they have beaten a highly over rated Miami is ridiculous. Nothing on their schedule would point me to believe that, but that can be said of most teams this year. It is a year where there was very few high profile OOC games and for the most part, the top 2 programs are just clearing the their games and don't meet one another until the CCG.

Duke right now is not one of the worst teams in a major conference, obviously. But for the histoy of the program, which is what he said he was trying to get at, they are definitely high up there.

Both Indiana and Duke played Navy at home. IU lost, Duke won by 28. I hate using the transitive property, but that is partly my reasoning. And all the other teams I mentioned are nothing to ride home about. PSU is terrible away from home, Michigan has looked like shit all year with the exception of their game against Minnesota, and Iowa is a 4 loss team. Not really far fetched in my opinion.

And yes obviously Duke has been a shitty program. That has nothing to do with this year, however.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll remember this when you beat them in the B1G CG. Don't use it as a quality win.

In case you have not been paying attention not a single victory in the past 22 wins in a row Ohio State has had have been quality wins.

every single loss by every other team unless those losses were to Ohio State are better wins than anything than Ohio State has accomplished.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't have any trouble? You won by 4 after being gifted with some of the weakest pass interfences calls in college football this year. You may want to rewatch that game because your memory is not worth a shit if you think you "didn't have any trouble" in that game.

MSU should have beaten ND. There were some questionable calls no doubt. I don't think the better team won, but ND still won the game.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Indiana and Duke played Navy at home. IU lost, Duke won by 28. I hate using the transitive property, but that is partly my reasoning. And all the other teams I mentioned are nothing to ride home about. PSU is terrible away from home, Michigan has looked like shit all year with the exception of their game against Minnesota, and Iowa is a 4 loss team. Not really far fetched in my opinion.

And yes obviously Duke has been a shitty program. That has nothing to do with this year, however.

So Michigan dominated Notre Dame, Notre Dame squeaked by Michigan State so Michigan State should get housed by Michigan right? You say you hate using the transitive property but go right ahead and use it as evidence that Duke would no doubt crush Indiana.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they are not exactly "the same," but only a fool would completely discount the results from last year (and to lesser weighting factors up to the last 4). Again, the numbers can be skewed, remember all those big numbers Hawaii with June Jones and Colt Brennan were putting up in 2007? And remember what those numbers meant when they faced a team that was actually good in Georgia?

I didn't say Alabama was "unbeatable," I just think Oregon, Baylor or heck even Ohio State (with their grand total of 1 win against the SEC in bowl games) would have a better shot. And also true is the adage "on any given Saturday" (or whatever day of the week the games falls on), but I would only bet pocket change on FSU pulling that on off.

Neutral site, FSU would be slight favorites over Bama. Baylor and Oregon would be 4 pt dogs, Ohio St would be 14 pt dogs to Bama.

Can't see any argument that any team outside Bama is better than FSU.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU should have beaten ND. There were some questionable calls no doubt. I don't think the better team won, but ND still won the game.

I'm not denying Notre Dame won the game, and Michigan State put themselves in the position to have those calls against them (see the 2011 roughing the kicker dive that Wisconsin's punter did). But you saying that you had no problem with them is just ignorant.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So basically because of last year. Gotcha. Not going to argue your opinion. It just shows me you have not watched FSU play this year. Which is fine.

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neutral site, FSU would be slight favorites over Bama. Baylor and Oregon would be 4 pt dogs, Ohio St would be 14 pt dogs to Bama.

Can't see any argument that any team outside Bama is better than FSU.

Ohio State:agree: is better than FSU

Ohio State would dispatch FSU like they did Florida A&M

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically because of last year. Gotcha. Not going to argue your opinion. It just shows me you have not watched FSU play this year. Which is fine.

Yeah, I watched them put up big numbers on Wake and Maryland and the rest of the ACC, big fricking deal. Until somebody from the ACC actually does something in the post-season I will question the validity of any accomplishment that is contained within that conference.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I watched them put up big numbers on Wake and Maryland and the rest of the ACC, big fricking deal. Until somebody from the ACC actually does something in the post-season I will question the validity of any accomplishment that is contained within that conference.

How do you make that claim and not find it ironic that the exact same thing can be said about the BIG?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, not really even close. Wisconsin is the best team in that conference.

After 3 tOSU was up 31-14. If Urban wasn't so conservative and coaching like he is know--cutthroat. The game would of been a blowout. They made it a game at the end somewhat and conservative playcalling at the end. Yeah so Wisky is better. :laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you watch both games or just read the box scores? There is a huge difference. I guess FSU beating ranked teams in 4 out of their last 5 bowl games does not count. Oh and all of the bowl games FSU was the underdog.

Question all you like, but you are still very uninformed on FSU. I asked you earlier to give me Bama and FSU's weaknesses and strengths. YOu have yet to give me that. Maybe because you have not watched FSU play.

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you make that claim and not find it ironic that the exact same thing can be said about the BIG?

Ohio State has won the last 2 BCS games they have played in

2009 Rose Bowl over Oregon who everyone said would put 100 up on the Buckeyes, they didn't by the way.

2010 Sugar Bowl over Arkansas who everyone said would beat Ohio State simply because the Hogs were an SEC team, funny how a lot of SEC honks disclaimed the Hogs as not a SEC team after that one.

"that win was invalidated" in 3.2.1

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 3 tOSU was up 31-14. If Urban wasn't so conservative and coaching like he is know--cutthroat. The game would of been a blowout. They made it a game at the end somewhat and conservative playcalling at the end. Yeah so Wisky is better. :laugh3:

Eh, they've each played other games, totally discounting those other games is kind of ridiculous.