• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Big 10 is "weak" then what is the ACC?

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do have to question the validity of FSU strength of schedule, when one of their "quality" wins (Miami) just lost to what is prehaps the worst team of any in the major conferences (Duke). So good on them having a perfect season (which they will likely seal the deal on), but that just means they will be this year's sacrificial lamb for Alabama (which trust me, gives me no pleasure in saying that).

Miami lost their star running back, Duke Johnson. That takes a lot out of a team. You lose your main fire power on offense and that can affect your defense because they are out on the field longer. Not saying that Miami is great, but it is still a quality win. And, again, what Duke has been in the past should have nothing to do with what they are doing this year.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do have to question the validity of FSU strength of schedule, when one of their "quality" wins (Miami) just lost to what is prehaps the worst team of any in the major conferences (Duke). So good on them having a perfect season (which they will likely seal the deal on), but that just means they will be this year's sacrificial lamb for Alabama (which trust me, gives me no pleasure in saying that).

Duke>Purdue, Illinois, Indiana, NWestern
Duke probably > PSU, Iowa
Duke maybe > Michigan, Nebraska, Minnesota

THIS YEAR

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the SEC is weak

Explain how 2 BIG12 bottom feeders can switch to the SEC and all of a sudden become top of the class?

the ACC is Florida State and Woody Hayes punching bag then a bunch of nothing

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not believing anybody at ESPN called the ACC strong this weekend outside of FSU and Clemson
I'll give props to Duke what they have done should be acknowledged by all of us and if they where in the B1G they most likely would no less than second in either of the divisions.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke probable > PSU, Iowa

THIS YEAR

I wouldn't necessarily say that Duke is definitely better than Indiana. Indiana can run the points up on nearly anyone. That would be a basketball score type game and a good one to watch.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with questioning FSU's SOS because I do think the ACC is pretty weak.

But how can you call an 8-2 Duke team the worst in any of the major conferences? Duke is better than at least 20 teams from AQ conferences.

In the last ten years Duke has gone:
2002 - 2-10
2003 - 4-8
2004 - 2-9
2005 - 1-10
2006 - 0-12
2007 - 1-11
2008 - 4-8
2009 - 5-7
2010 - 3-9
2011 - 3-9
2012 - 6-7

Is is the reason that Duke is having a good year because they've gotten better, or the rest of the ACC (a conference that has a grand total of 2 BCS bowl wins) has gotten worse?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke probably > PSU, Iowa

THIS YEAR

Maybe, but I doubt it. It is hard to correct that many bad years (see above) with just one season, we will learn a lot about this Duke team (and the rest of this "strong" ACC) come bowl season.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol. This is one of the dumbest posts I've read in a while. Duke is 8-2. How is that arguably one of the worst teams in a major conference? Hell they're probably better than 7-8 teams in the B1G.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last ten years Duke has gone:
2002 - 2-10
2003 - 4-8
2004 - 2-9
2005 - 1-10
2006 - 0-12
2007 - 1-11
2008 - 4-8
2009 - 5-7
2010 - 3-9
2011 - 3-9
2012 - 6-7

Is is the reason that Duke is having a good year because they've gotten better, or the rest of the ACC (a conference that has a grand total of 2 BCS bowl wins) has gotten worse?

You shut your mouth, they got up to 3 last year with the win over Northern Illinois.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. This is one of the dumbest posts I've read in a while. Duke is 8-2. How is that arguably one of the worst teams in a major conference? Hell they're probably better than 7-8 teams in the B1G.

I see you already got your team ACC hat.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'll have to forgive me, I did confuse two terms I try to keep seperate ("team" and "program"). But no way are they batter than no more than 2 Big Ten teams, Purdue and Illinois. I'll take any of the remaining 10 over Duke any day.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To summarize this thread so far:

Minnesota should be ranked alongside South Carolina in the top ten, but won't be, because of the name on their jersey. And it t'aint fair.

Also, the ACC is a bad league because their third best team is Duke, and therefore the whole league deserves ridicule because Duke is not a "name brand" football team yet they are the third best team.

Did i capture the hypocrisy accurately?

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

based on what other Notre Dame sucks ass so you have to pimp Duke

that is every Domers dream having to pimp DUKE football cause their teams blows ass

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Alabama is leagues better than FSU, and an undefeated season doesn't prove that they FSU is close (see Notre Dame last year) nor does putting up big numbers in a weak conference (see Hawaii the year they made it to the Sugar Bowl). I will grant you I haven't delved to deeply into the numbers, but we are talking about a team that has won 3 out of the 4 last national titles and another that is just recently emerging from several years of mediocracy (while playing in a weak conference). Like I said, I would love to see FSU beat Alabama, there's just no way I see that happening.

I must have missed it, but I could have sworn there was at least one thread you got defensive about the ACC. In fact, I do believe it was the one were I made the assertion that Pitt could have success in the ACC given that it was roughly the equivilent to most schools in the ACC.

So basically you have made a decision with watching maybe 2 FSU GAMES. The Obama and FSU teams of this year are not the same as last year. Both are completely different. Go back and actually look at the numbers and then come back and tell me your reasoning. Just because Bama won last year does not make them unbeatable this year. The same was said for the 14 yr run FSU had. Each year is different. But hey your opinion is just fine. Some of the Bama fans on here will disagree with you though

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you already got your team ACC hat.

Lol. Not at all. The ACC sucks. Like usual. Both conferences are bad this year. Whichever dumpster fire conference is better I don't know, and don't care to argue it. But to say Duke is one of the worst teams in a major conference is just down right idiotic. Duke is definitely better than Indiana, Illinois, Purdue and Northwestern this year. They could beat PSU, Iowa, Michigan on any given day. And I haven't started to mention teams like Kansas, and Cal. Oh and all the teams they are already of in their own conference. Lol.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on what other Notre Dame sucks ass so you have to pimp Duke

that is every Domers dream having to pimp DUKE football cause their teams blows ass

Lol you think I'm pumping Duke football? And yes ND sucks. But as bad as we are we didn't have any trouble with the B1G's 2nd best team.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Not at all. The ACC sucks. Like usual. Both conferences are bad this year. Whichever dumpster fire conference is better I don't know, and don't care to argue it. But to say Duke is one of the worst teams in a major conference is just down right idiotic. Duke is definitely better than Indiana, Illinois, Purdue and Northwestern this year. They could beat PSU, Iowa, Michigan on any given day. And I haven't started to mention teams like Kansas, and Cal. Oh and all the teams they are already of in their own conference. Lol.

Again, I would not say definitely better than Indiana. It would be a scorefest with either team capable of winning. But to say that they are probably better than nearly every team in the Big 10 just because they have beaten a highly over rated Miami is ridiculous. Nothing on their schedule would point me to believe that, but that can be said of most teams this year. It is a year where there was very few high profile OOC games and for the most part, the top 2 programs are just clearing the their games and don't meet one another until the CCG.

Duke right now is not one of the worst teams in a major conference, obviously. But for the histoy of the program, which is what he said he was trying to get at, they are definitely high up there.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on figuring out how to shut down Jim Bollman's play calling:clap:

I'll remember this when you beat them in the B1G CG. Don't use it as a quality win.