• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Big 10 is "weak" then what is the ACC?

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Big Ten is 12-14 in BCS bowls while the ACC is 3-13, do I really need to say more?

Eh, better argument than I expected, but I still don't think it 'proves' anything, it's compelling evidence though, you'd have to do more analysis on who each of them played. And extend that to non-BCS games as well.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO. Not with that secondary.

easily
Jamies would be scared to throw anywhere near Roby
Ohio State would have 5 picks before the first TV timeout

in all seriousness, I really like FSU's team this year they have all the components to win the NC
Strong D, solid multi faceted Offense and great game planning on O and D
the play calling against Clemson was spectacular to watch

FSU is the one team that has the talent and coaching that can make BAMA really work 4 quarters in a slug fest to win

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easily
Jamies would be scared to throw anywhere near Roby
Ohio State would have 5 picks before the first TV timeout

in all seriousness, I really like FSU's team this year they have all the components to win the NC
Strong D, solid multi faceted Offense and great game planning on O and D
the play calling against Clemson was spectacular to watch

FSU is the one team that has the talent and coaching that can make BAMA really work 4 quarters in a slug fest to win

Just asking a question of you. Are you disappointed in any way about Roby? Seems to me he is not as dominant as he should be. Is he hurt or something?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch both games or just read the box scores? There is a huge difference. I guess FSU beating ranked teams in 4 out of their last 5 bowl games does not count. Oh and all of the bowl games FSU was the underdog.

Question all you like, but you are still very uninformed on FSU. I asked you earlier to give me Bama and FSU's weaknesses and strengths. YOu have yet to give me that. Maybe because you have not watched FSU play.

You mean like Northern Illinois? Come on man, if what you got to hang your hat on is a beating FSU gave a "ranked" MAC team going to a sympathy BCS bowl appearance, then that's pretty weak sauce. I've said it before, in general FSU has done well for itself, unlike the rest of the ACC. But until someone from the rest of the conference starts stepping up, beating those scrubs (no matter by what margin) means little to me.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, better argument than I expected, but I still don't think it 'proves' anything, it's compelling evidence though, you'd have to do more analysis on who each of them played. And extend that to non-BCS games as well.

That would take a bit of research, I'll take that as a look up. But regardless it's hard to ignore that glaring deficiency.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 220,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like Northern Illinois? Come on man, if what you got to hang your hat on is a beating FSU gave a "ranked" MAC team going to a sympathy BCS bowl appearance, then that's pretty weak sauce. I've said it before, in general FSU has done well for itself, unlike the rest of the ACC. But until someone from the rest of the conference starts stepping up, beating those scrubs (no matter by what margin) means little to me.

Clemson "stepped up" against LSU in the Peach bowl last year. Nobody gave them much of a chance after being beaten by South Carolina again.

Only one game, but...that was a pretty big win, I thought.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just asking a question of you. Are you disappointed in any way about Roby? Seems to me he is not as dominant as he should be. Is he hurt or something?

It could be he's overrated... It could be he's just not into the college game anymore... and it could be (likely) that the scheme is shit...

He's always excelled at press man coverage and been less successful in zone shells... Guess which one tOSU runs the most?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did not include NIU. Of the last 5 bowl games we beat Ranked WVU with a freshman QB, Ranked Scar, ND, NIU, and Wisconsin. That gives FSU a win against the SEC, BIG, Current BIG 12, an THE independent.

As far as beating scrubs. Maybe you need to look at the OOC wins for FSU before talking any shit.

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roby is not living up to the insane expectations Ohio State fans have placed on him.
We were expecting him to be like Shawn Springs and eliminate 3/4 of the football field. As it turns out Roby is human and capable of making some mistakes, but he also makes major plays when least expecting it.
It will be interesting if he hangs around for another season to get his draft stock back up to a solid 10-20 pick in the first round.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not include NIU. Of the last 5 bowl games we beat Ranked WVU with a freshman QB, Ranked Scar, ND, NIU, and Wisconsin. That gives FSU a win against the SEC, BIG, Current BIG 12, an THE independent.

As far as beating scrubs. Maybe you need to look at the OOC wins for FSU before talking any shit.

You mean like Bethune-Cookman? :laugh3:

But regardless, I was talking scrubs like Maryland, Wake, and the rest of the ACC.

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be he's overrated... It could be he's just not into the college game anymore... and it could be (likely) that the scheme is shit...

He's always excelled at press man coverage and been less successful in zone shells... Guess which one tOSU runs the most?

that is known as the "Abbrederis" coverage
lets let a white dude look like superman again

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson "stepped up" against LSU in the Peach bowl last year. Nobody gave them much of a chance after being beaten by South Carolina again.

Only one game, but...that was a pretty big win, I thought.

Clemson is getting there, but that was one year after they got humiliated by West Virginia in the Orange Bowl.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Michigan dominated Notre Dame, Notre Dame squeaked by Michigan State so Michigan State should get housed by Michigan right? You say you hate using the transitive property but go right ahead and use it as evidence that Duke would no doubt crush Indiana.

What the hell else do you want me to use. Apparently IU being 4-6 and Duke being 8-2 isn't evidence enough for you.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, they've each played other games, totally discounting those other games is kind of ridiculous.

I didn't discount any other games. I was talking about head-to-head. And in those other games you bring up they have 1 loss

But for you to say Wisconsin is better and you have no proof is ridiculous, especially since tOSU won head-to-head

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like Bethune-Cookman? :laugh3:

But regardless, I was talking scrubs like Maryland, Wake, and the rest of the ACC.

Well unlike your team and even to a lesser extent OSU. FSU has dispatched every "scrub" this year with extreme prejudice. Not allowing ANY of them to score more than 7 points. But do not let the facts get in your way.

I think a Michigan fan should be quiet considering they BARELY beat Akron, IU, and UConn. When Michigan gets a decent team again come talk to me.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell else do you want me to use. Apparently IU being 4-6 and Duke being 8-2 isn't evidence enough for you.

I said it would be a good, close game. You are saying it is a why bother playing it Duke would dominate it game. Look deeper than just win/loss and transitive property otherwise people will continue to say that the ACC sucks because Duke is the third best team and Duke has/will always suck.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unlike your team and even to a lesser extent OSU. FSU has dispatched every "scrub" this year with extreme prejudice. Not allowing ANY of them to score more than 7 points. But do not let the facts get in your way.

I think a Michigan fan should be quiet considering they BARELY beat Akron, IU, and UConn. When Michigan gets a decent team again come talk to me.

They dominated IU barely beat Northwestern.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As IU-Duke goes. Anything could happen, I haven't seen both teams play really all season. I think it would be a good game, which does say something about the two conferences, but it is all a bout matchups so still hard to say.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To summarize this thread so far:

Minnesota should be ranked alongside South Carolina in the top ten, but won't be, because of the name on their jersey. And it t'aint fair.

Also, the ACC is a bad league because their third best team is Duke, and therefore the whole league deserves ridicule because Duke is not a "name brand" football team yet they are the third best team.

Did i capture the hypocrisy accurately?

basically