• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Big 10 is "weak" then what is the ACC?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dominated IU barely beat Northwestern.

They beat them by 16 points. I watched the game and it was not a domination by any definition of the word. More yards yes, but they gave up almost 600 yards to IU for Christ's sake.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it would be a good, close game. You are saying it is a why bother playing it Duke would dominate it game. Look deeper than just win/loss and transitive property otherwise people will continue to say that the ACC sucks because Duke is the third best team and Duke has/will always suck.

I never said Duke would dominate, please reread through this thread. I said Duke was better based on the on the field results this year. Also please explain how to look deeper at something than the on the field result?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said Duke would dominate, please reread through this thread. I said Duke was better based on the on the field results this year. Also please explain how to look deeper at something than the on the field result?

You can take a look that Indiana has a high powered offense and a very weak defense. Duke has a very good offense and a not so strong defense. It would be high scoring affair. But you say that Duke would definitely win the game, I am just saying that it is not as definite as you seem to think it would be.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can take a look that Indiana has a high powered offense and a very weak defense. Duke has a very good offense and a not so strong defense. It would be high scoring affair. But you say that Duke would definitely win the game, I am just saying that it is not as definite as you seem to think it would be.

Well that's a given, I never brought that up b/c it was obvious. IMO, yes Duke would win, it would be high scoring, but Duke has the better defense, and they have had some good results on the field this year. Saying Duke would beat Indiana isn't really far fetched.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well unlike your team and even to a lesser extent OSU. FSU has dispatched every "scrub" this year with extreme prejudice. Not allowing ANY of them to score more than 7 points. But do not let the facts get in your way.

I think a Michigan fan should be quiet considering they BARELY beat Akron, IU, and UConn. When Michigan gets a decent team again come talk to me.

Nice try at a deflection. Yes Michigan is having a shitty year, but then again we aren't talking about Michigan here. So if you want me as a general college football fan to give FSU the same respect as I do Alabama, then they should play better OOC opponents than a FCS school, especially given that they play in the ACC.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the SEC is weak

Explain how 2 BIG12 bottom feeders can switch to the SEC and all of a sudden become top of the class?

the ACC is Florida State and Woody Hayes punching bag then a bunch of nothing

big 12 bottom feeders? missouri averaged 10 wins a year in their last 5 seasons there.

but really, the explanation is simple. different teams, different coaches, different players.

and just fyi, neither aTm nor missouri have won an SEC Championship yet. neither have even played for one yet.

if you want to compare the big 12 to the SEC, why don't you look at the cotton bowl over the last 10 years. 9 wins for the SEC, 1 for the Big 12, and several of those games weren't close. the 1 win the big 12 did manage? missouri, who as we all know is now in the SEC. did you watch the cotton bowl last year? aTm dismantled oklahoma. do you really think aTm wouldn't have won the big 12 last season? if they hadn't had to play a grueling SEC schedule, there's a decent chance they would have played notre dame for the national title.

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU and Wisconsin fans when's the wedding and am I invited? Quit crying Buckeye fans.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big 12 bottom feeders? missouri averaged 10 wins a year in their last 5 seasons there.

but really, the explanation is simple. different teams, different coaches, different players.

and just fyi, neither aTm nor missouri have won an SEC Championship yet. neither have even played for one yet.

if you want to compare the big 12 to the SEC, why don't you look at the cotton bowl over the last 10 years. 9 wins for the SEC, 1 for the Big 12, and several of those games weren't close. the 1 win the big 12 did manage? missouri, who as we all know is now in the SEC. did you watch the cotton bowl last year? aTm dismantled oklahoma. do you really think aTm wouldn't have won the big 12 last season? if they hadn't had to play a grueling SEC schedule, there's a decent chance they would have played notre dame for the national title.

the SEC is weak this year let me know when it sinks in

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try at a deflection. Yes Michigan is having a shitty year, but then again we aren't talking about Michigan here. So if you want me as a general college football fan to give FSU the same respect as I do Alabama, then they should play better OOC opponents than a FCS school, especially given that they play in the ACC.

No deflection at all. Truth. FSU has done exactly what I said they have. And OSU and Michigan have not.

Funny that you rip on FSU playing 1 FCS team when Bama is playing 2. I have not asked you to respect FSU. I will ask you for a third time. What are the weaknesses and strengths of FSU and Bama? Stop changing the question to conference and OOC. What are the differences between the 2 teams. Where are either susceptible. Actually try and analyze the teams and nor their schedules.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The perception of the B1G is hurt because 3 of the 4 name programs in the conference are either ineligible for post season or down. Michigan State is absolutely impressive. No one talks about the job Jerry Kill and the rest of that coaching staff is doing at Michigan State. Iowa appears to have bounced back. Wisconsin, Gary Andersen turned in to a great hire.

Every conference has their bottom feeders: Kentucky and Arkansas SEC people?

Yes, the B1G has to improve OOC scheduling, and I can only speak as a Badger fan, we are. In the coming years there are going to be Alabama and LSU games.

And, yes, Duke would defeat Indiana(in both football and basketball). Indiana's defense couldn't stop a cold

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The perception of the B1G is hurt because 3 of the 4 name programs in the conference are either ineligible for post season or down. Michigan State is absolutely impressive. No one talks about the job Jerry Kill and the rest of that coaching staff is doing at Michigan State. Iowa appears to have bounced back. Wisconsin, Gary Andersen turned in to a great hire.

Every conference has their bottom feeders: Kentucky and Arkansas SEC people?

Yes, the B1G has to improve OOC scheduling, and I can only speak as a Badger fan, we are. In the coming years there are going to be Alabama and LSU games.

And, yes, Duke would defeat Indiana(in both football and basketball). Indiana's defense couldn't stop a cold

Are you talking about Michigan State or Minnesota. Dantonio is at State and Kill is at Minny

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the SEC is weak this year let me know when it sinks in

i guess that's why there are 5 teams that are ranked above the highest ranked team on ohio state's schedule (and that's counting michigan state has a Big 10 CG opponent):laugh3:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No deflection at all. Truth. FSU has done exactly what I said they have. And OSU and Michigan have not.

Funny that you rip on FSU playing 1 FCS team when Bama is playing 2. I have not asked you to respect FSU. I will ask you for a third time. What are the weaknesses and strengths of FSU and Bama? Stop changing the question to conference and OOC. What are the differences between the 2 teams. Where are either susceptible. Actually try and analyze the teams and nor their schedules.

pretty sure alabama's only FCS opponent is UT-Chattanooga this week. Not that 0-10 Georgia State is any better, but they also opened with a traditionally strong team on a neutral field. Never mind their road games against Auburn, Texas A&M, and home games against Ole Miss and LSU... plus a potential SEC CG.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While it may be true, it is completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand, thus a deflection.

And yes, Alabama does like to pad their schedule with cupcakes, but that also play in the SEC. And as much as it pains me to admit this the SEC is the best conference right now. So they get more of a pass (not to mention all those crystal footballs).

As for analysis, as Woody Paige from Around the Horn would say "look at the schedule!" Beating up a bunch of crap teams doesn't mean anything. And playing in the ACC that's all FSU has faced. So again, for the umpteenth million time, until the ACC starts winning some big bowl games, I will always default to the non-ACC team in big bowl match-ups.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it may be true, it is completely irrelevant to the conversation at hand, thus a deflection.

And yes, Alabama does like to pad their schedule with cupcakes, but that also play in the SEC. And as much as it pains me to admit this the SEC is the best conference right now. So they get more of a pass (not to mention all those crystal footballs).

As for analysis, as Woody Paige from Around the Horn would say "look at the schedule!" Beating up a bunch of crap teams doesn't mean anything. And playing in the ACC that's all FSU has faced. So again, for the umpteenth million time, until the ACC starts winning some big bowl games, I will always default to the non-ACC team in big bowl match-ups.

the SEC may be the best, but they are no where near what most people want to say they are (aside from the usual 2-3 really teams)..."the SEC gauntlet" is a myth

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure alabama's only FCS opponent is UT-Chattanooga this week. Not that 0-10 Georgia State is any better, but they also opened with a traditionally strong team on a neutral field. Never mind their road games against Auburn, Texas A&M, and home games against Ole Miss and LSU... plus a potential SEC CG.

Really, why do SEC fans continue to try and pimp up Ole Miss? I am going to start claiming Indiana as a quality win for Michigan State if guys don't stop trying to convince us that a team that has not won a division or a conference title in 50 years and is 13-24 over the last three seasons. You are the best conference in football, there is no need to blow smoke up our asses with that bullshit.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think FSU has more then met your bowl requirements. Take a look at their history. Also for the 4th time analyze the actual teams. Your idea that the conference dictates a one time game is itself a deflection by your definition. Answer my question please and then we can move forward.

Get over the idea that Clemson, Wake, BC, GT, or VT and their losses in the BCS having any bearing on a game between FSU and Bama. Because it has NONE.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, why do SEC fans continue to try and pimp up Ole Miss? I am going to start claiming Indiana as a quality win for Michigan State if guys don't stop trying to convince us that a team that has not won a division or a conference title in 50 years and is 13-24 over the last three seasons. You are the best conference in football, there is no need to blow smoke up our asses with that bullshit.

they are undefeated against unranked teams, killed texas in austin, beat LSU, and all the teams they have lost to currently sit in the top 15 of the BCS. and the games were competitive.

it's not pimping them... but they are a legit top 25 team. ~19th in the computers i believe.