• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Big 10 is "weak" then what is the ACC?

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Carolina and Auburn would still be up there. A&M is, in my opinion, clearly benefiting from conference affiliation and star power. They lost to teams that appear to be pretty good, but the best win is, what... Vandy? Ole Miss?

Their credentials seem awfully soft to be the highest ranked 2 loss team in the human polls. I think they belong closer to 20something than top 10.

Be honest. USC versus Aggie on a neutral field. Who do you got?

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn ... citing the media is a weak minded attempt to justify your own inadequacies ... "if I can convince myself that the SEC really sucks, I won't feel so bad about how bad we suck."

You can't have a discussion with someone who is so delusional that they think that teams like TAMU, USCe, Auburn would not be ranked top 25 but for media bias.

the SEC is weak this year Dude if you were honest you would see it as well

and Ohio State is undefeated
which means they don't suck

which also means they didn't have to rely on A&M playing crap defense and Georgia's dbs not knocking a pass down to luck into two wins

so STFU and realize Auburn is lucky this year and keep your mouth shut crybaby:bawling:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
South Carolina and Auburn would still be up there. A&M is, in my opinion, clearly benefiting from conference affiliation and star power. They lost to teams that appear to be pretty good, but the best win is, what... Vandy? Ole Miss?

Their credentials seem awfully soft to be the highest ranked 2 loss team in the human polls. I think they belong close to 20something than top 10.

This. If not for their upset up Bama last year, they wouldn't have a single great win, but they get treated as if they're an elite team.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Duke, MSU's B1G schedule and they have 0 or 1 losses. Michigan and Nebraska are basically Va. Tech and Miami both quality wins.

They would have 3-4 losses. This is not a good team.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us not forget that Duke lost by 24 to a mediocre at best Ga Tech team and lost to a 5-5 pitt team

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have 3-4 losses. This is not a good team.

So when somebody says Baylor would beat Ohio State and you come back with there is no evidence to suggest that, can I use that same argument here?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we seriously debating DUKE's legitimacy? The ACC has come a long way baby!!

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when somebody says Baylor would beat Ohio State and you come back with there is no evidence to suggest that, can I use that same argument here?

They won't be playing each other this year so who cares really.
Baylor has a solid team I just want to see how they handle a team that can punch back on offense and defense.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you want, go right ahead. You're just making yourself look foolish acting like Duke is somehow a great team. I could say Minnesota could beat Bama and have the same thing apply, but I'd look like an idiot.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want, go right ahead. You're just making yourself look foolish acting like Duke is somehow a great team. I could say Minnesota could beat Bama and have the same thing apply, but I'd look like an idiot.

Christ, now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said they were a great team. They are above average this year. After Ohio St, MSU and Wisconsin, the B1G has similar teams in Minnesota, Michigan and Nebraska and then a bunch of average teams. Does everyone have to be either great or suck to you?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't be playing each other this year so who cares really.
Baylor has a solid team I just want to see how they handle a team that can punch back on offense and defense.

I agree. I think both Ohio St and Baylor are great teams this year. Both have had similar schedules thus far and both play roughly the same remaining schedule. I don't know who would win if they played, we can all have our opinions, which is fine. I'm not sure how good Okie St's defense is so we may not get a chance to see a team slow them down, but we will get to see how Baylors defense responds to a very good offense in Okie St. Really looking forward to that game.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the SEC is weak this year Dude if you were honest you would see it as well

and Ohio State is undefeated
which means they don't suck

which also means they didn't have to rely on A&M playing crap defense and Georgia's dbs not knocking a pass down to luck into two wins

so STFU and realize Auburn is lucky this year and keep your mouth shut crybaby:bawling:
Yep, delusional and jimmies rustled. LOL. Must be the fact that your team and conference is so soft OSU is going to go undefeated for 2 years and not sniff the NC game. That would make me delusional as well.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOu really need to remember what you have posted already. TO the bold. No deflection. YOu are the one that brought up the ACC winning big bowl games. Is FSU in the ACC? Yes they are. Has FSU been in the ACC since 1992? Yes they have. Has FSU been in "big bowl games" and performed well and won more than a couple of times? Why most certainly. Now before you state that I am making this up I refer to your post #176 paragraph #3 where you set the bowl game requirements. And I am quoting you.

"As for analysis, as Woody Paige from Around the Horn would say "look at the schedule!" Beating up a bunch of crap teams doesn't mean anything. And playing in the ACC that's all FSU has faced. So again, for the umpteenth million time, until the ACC starts winning some big bowl games, I will always default to the non-ACC team in big bowl match-ups."

Look at the underlined portion of you very post. Notice where you state ACC teams in big bowl games. You set forth the "requirements" and I am pointing out to you that FSU has MET your requirements in "big bowl games".

Man you do not need to go work for NOAA after your commission is up. YOu need to be a politician because you can run around in circles when asked a straight forward question. For the 5th time. Analyze the two teams strengths and weaknesses and inform me of where Bama has a clear advantage and why? FSU has proven over the years while being in the ACC that they play well in "big bowl games". Maybe you need to do some more research before continuing.

When you say "bowl requirement" I think of winning 6 games to be bowl eligible or the BCS bowl requirements. So forgive for thinking you meant the requirements to go bowling when you said "bowl requirement" (airdale :L)

But again, until FSU actually beats someone worth a damn, I am going question the validity of those wins. For example, Michigan was able to put up record numbers against Indiana a few weeks back. So does Michigan have an elite offense? Clearly no, but they looked it because they played Indiana. That's why I mention FSU's schedule, because it puts what they are doing in context, and context is important my friend. And being king of the ACC doesn't mean a damn thing in my book until the ACC starting doing something worth a damn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Christ, now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said they were a great team. They are above average this year. After Ohio St, MSU and Wisconsin, the B1G has similar teams in Minnesota, Michigan and Nebraska and then a bunch of average teams. Does everyone have to be either great or suck to you?

In comparison to what Duke is, saying they would possibly be unbeaten with MSU's schedule, yeah sounds like you're holding them way higher than what they are. I'd put them about where Minnesota is this year - one or two decent wins. However, the difference is that Duke is their third best team. That's why it's so bad. I don't know how you could assume they'd have 1 or 0 losses when an average GT absolutely destroyed them.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In comparison to what Duke is, saying they would possibly be unbeaten with MSU's schedule, yeah sounds like you're holding them way higher than what they are. I'd put them about where Minnesota is this year - one or two decent wins. However, the difference is that Duke is their third best team. That's why it's so bad. I don't know how you could assume they'd have 1 or 0 losses when an average GT absolutely destroyed them.

MSU hasn't played any of the great teams in the B1G this year, at least yet. They've played the above average teams I've mentioned. Who in my opinion are no different that teams like Va Tech or Miami. I guess I'm saying based on the fact Duke has beaten Va Tech and Miami, they could beat Michigan, Nebraska and Iowa, who are similar like teams based on resumes. Would they have 0 or 1 loss, I don't know. But based on who've they beaten its not out of the realm of possibility.

Also yeah Duke is 3rd right now, but Minnesota is 4th right now. Not to much of a difference. Although Minnesota likely drops their next 2.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU hasn't played any of the great teams in the B1G this year, at least yet. They've played the above average teams I've mentioned. Who in my opinion are no different that teams like Va Tech or Miami. I guess I'm saying based on the fact Duke has beaten Va Tech and Miami, they could beat Michigan, Nebraska and Iowa, who are similar like teams based on resumes. Would they have 0 or 1 loss, I don't know. But based on who've they beaten its not out of the realm of possibility.

Also yeah Duke is 3rd right now, but Minnesota is 4th right now. Not to much of a difference. Although Minnesota likely drops their next 2.

After this weekend they'll be 6th more than likely, while Duke will still be sitting at 3rd (also, Minny is technically tied in conf record for 4th, while Duke is all alone in 3rd).

Also, to be fair, MSU has demonstrated their worth in recent years many times with several solid seasons and even a bowl win over TCU last year. Duke has done nothing, and they have beaten nobody, hence why they are a flash in the pan. I'm sorry, but dude, they are DUKE. They did not just all of the sudden, out of nowhere, become a force to be reckoned with. As I said, it's for the same reason I'm not touting Minnesota (even though there's more of a reason to think they're quality).

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

easy there, no one is saying Duke is a great team, just that they're better than more than half the B1G :D

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
easy there, no one is saying Duke is a great team, just that they're better than more than half the B1G :D

Don't get ahead of yourself. I know beating VT means something for an ACC team, but you clearly can't think it's as good as beating someone better like Michigan (our 7th best team).

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using the Sagarin ratings, and when you average the Coastal and Atlantic divisions in the ACC, the overall conference is a 0.25 pt favorite over the average of the Leaders and Legends divisions of the B1G.

For all intents and purposes, the conferences are basically equal.

The average of the SEC East and West divisions would be a 6.425 favorite over the ACC and a 6.675 pt favorite over the B1G.

We still have rivalry week + bowl games to go.