• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Big 10 is "weak" then what is the ACC?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact they have better wins than Minnesota? What evidence is out there to suggest that Minnesota is better than South Carolina.

There is none to support either......but I think a lot of people automatically assume one team is better because of the name on the jersey

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the fact they have better wins than Minnesota? What evidence is out there to suggest that Minnesota is better than South Carolina.

Well minnesota has a win over a ranked team, so carolina has 2 but one is ucf so that an eh... Im not even necessarily saying minnesota is as good as usce or lsu ( I dont think they are ) but a win on the road by 17 over minnesota is still better than close home wins imo. Is is better to beat a&m by 10 on the road or mizzou by 3 at home ( for example ). You didnt say georgia beat better teams. You said they had better wins and thats arguable

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is none to support either......but I think a lot of people automatically assume one team is better because of the name on the jersey

South Carolina CLEARLY has a better resume than Minnesota does. Why do you think South Carolina is ranked 10th in the computers(coming into the weekend) and Minnesota wasn't even in the top 25? Minnesota could have proved themselves OOC instead they played UNLV, San Jose State, New Mexico State and Western Illinois.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well minnesota has a win over a ranked team, so carolina has 2 but one is ucf so that an eh... Im not even necessarily saying minnesota is as good as usce or lsu ( I dont think they are ) but a win on the road by 17 over minnesota is still better than close home wins imo. Is is better to beat a&m by 10 on the road or mizzou by 3 at home ( for example ). You didnt say georgia beat better teams. You said they had better wins and thats arguable

Your example makes no sense. South Carolina beat Missouri and UCF both on the road, both are top 20 teams and Missouri is a top 10 team. Like I said South Carolina has a better resume than Minnesota, it is frankly not really close either.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling the ACC anything but weak is ridiculous. Fucking Duke is the 3rd best team in that conference. Give me a break.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Minnesota is by record the 4th best team. Point being what exactly there sox? Things happen each year. You BIG guys need to stop bitching and moaning because some TV person says that the BIG is down or worse than another conference.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Minnesota is by record the 4th best team. Point being what exactly there sox? Things happen each year. You BIG guys need to stop bitching and moaning because some TV person says that the BIG is down or worse than another conference.

I coudn't give 2 shits what Griese says, it isn't about that. The ACC is horrible and you can't argue that. I'm not saying the B1G is amazing, but we're still better than the ACC. I mean, fucking Duke. At least Minnesota has had some sort of recent decentness. Come on man, Duke. Are you fucking kidding?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I coudn't give 2 shits what Griese says, it isn't about that. The ACC is horrible and you can't argue that. I'm not saying the B1G is amazing, but we're still better than the ACC. I mean, fucking Duke. At least Minnesota has had some sort of recent decentness. Come on man, Duke. Are you fucking kidding?

TLDR but to judge duke this season by their performance historically....are you fucking kidding? And to say minnesota has had some recent decentness??? that bullshit and you know it. College Football Data Warehouse
this thread was started about comparing the acc and the big10 THIS year.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously you do care or you would not be posting and getting so pissed that people think it. Fuck man worry about OSU and fuck the conference shit.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLDR but to judge duke this season by their performance historically....are you fucking kidding? And to say minnesota has had some recent decentness??? that bullshit and you know it. College Football Data Warehouse
this thread was started about comparing the acc and the big10 THIS year.

Dude, it is fucking Duke. There's a reason I'm not touting Minnesota, and they have unquestionably been better than Duke pretty much forever. They've been to a bowl game 7 of the last 10 years, and it was just a decade ago that they won 10 games. Duke, on the other hand, has 9 seasons since 2000 of 2 wins or less. They are not a good football program and there's nothing to suggest otherwise. They didn't just suddenly become good for no reason. That's the reason I'm saying the ACC is weak THIS year. Duke is not good and they are the 3rd best team in the conference.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you do care or you would not be posting and getting so pissed that people think it. Fuck man worry about OSU and fuck the conference shit.

Actually I don't, and that's why I didn't even bring up Griese. I value the opinions of the random dudes on this board over his. Who is getting pissed here? You're the one throwing accusations. Calm down, dude.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I don't, and that's why I didn't even bring up Griese. I value the opinions of the random dudes on this board over his. Who is getting pissed here? You're the one throwing accusations. Calm down, dude.

By your use of expletives it is a reasonable conclusion that it upsets you. I am not making an accusation. I am giving an observation by your posts. I have no need to calm down because I am so used to people saying the ACC is weak and that FSU is not playing anyone at anytime. Been happening the last 21 years. Nothing new for me so why should I be getting upset? I worry about FSU's record and that only. SO far this year it is perfect.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FSU gets a little defensive you start to bad mouth the ACC, nevermind the fact that FSU only joined the ACC 22 years ago.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU gets a little defensive you start to bad mouth the ACC, nevermind the fact that FSU only joined the ACC 22 years ago.

Show us where I get defensive of badmouthing the ACC? Been used to it man. The ACC is not the SEC, or Pac, or Big historically. The only time I will get "defensive" is if you bring up FSU. Which is the exact same thing that you do with Michigan, and every other fan does of their team. Nice try though.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh Massey MOV Ratings say both conferences are pretty close, BIG teams Average PWR rank is 49.58, ACC's is 50.07.

BIG has three teams in the top 20; Wisconsin, Ohio St, and Mich St. ACC has two; FSU and Clemson.

ACC has 5 teams between 30 and 50, BIG has 2.

BIG lowest rated team is Purdue, #112. ACC's lowest rated team is NC State #91.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, it is fucking Duke. There's a reason I'm not touting Minnesota, and they have unquestionably been better than Duke pretty much forever. They've been to a bowl game 7 of the last 10 years, and it was just a decade ago that they won 10 games. Duke, on the other hand, has 9 seasons since 2000 of 2 wins or less. They are not a good football program and there's nothing to suggest otherwise. They didn't just suddenly become good for no reason. That's the reason I'm saying the ACC is weak THIS year. Duke is not good and they are the 3rd best team in the conference.

It's not a change just from this year. It's change that's been happening at Duke since Cutcliffe took over in 2008. He took over a team that went 6-45 over fout plus years. Cutcliffe has been turning this program around for years. Don't take that away from him. Just because Duke isn't a "house name" doesn't mean shit to what they have done this year. Teams can turn around and I bet you don't follow Duke that closely to really know what is going on there.

This is not arguing that Duke is better than Minnesota or that the ACC is better than the B1G. This is arguing that you are an ass for trying to make it seem that what Cutcliffe has done at Duke seem like nothing and he had nothing to do with it. That you're ignorant for thinking that a name of a football team has anything to do with what they do on the field.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By your use of expletives it is a reasonable conclusion that it upsets you. I am not making an accusation. I am giving an observation by your posts. I have no need to calm down because I am so used to people saying the ACC is weak and that FSU is not playing anyone at anytime. Been happening the last 21 years. Nothing new for me so why should I be getting upset? I worry about FSU's record and that only. SO far this year it is perfect.

You do have to question the validity of FSU strength of schedule, when one of their "quality" wins (Miami) just lost to what is prehaps the worst team of any in the major conferences (Duke). So good on them having a perfect season (which they will likely seal the deal on), but that just means they will be this year's sacrificial lamb for Alabama (which trust me, gives me no pleasure in saying that).

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do have to question the validity of FSU strength of schedule, when one of their "quality" wins (Miami) just lost to what is prehaps the worst team of any in the major conferences (Duke). So good on them having a perfect season (which they will likely seal the deal on), but that just means they will be this year's sacrificial lamb for Alabama (which trust me, gives me no pleasure in saying that).[/QUOTE]

Quite an assertion to make. Care to elaborate as to why they would be a sacrificial lamb? Specifics on the teams and their strengths and weaknesses. Not the SOS item because that can always be overcome in a one and done.

Edti: so you forgot to address the assertion you made of me and the ACC. Why is that?

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do have to question the validity of FSU strength of schedule, when one of their "quality" wins (Miami) just lost to what is prehaps the worst team of any in the major conferences (Duke). So good on them having a perfect season (which they will likely seal the deal on), but that just means they will be this year's sacrificial lamb for Alabama (which trust me, gives me no pleasure in saying that).

I'm fine with questioning FSU's SOS because I do think the ACC is pretty weak.

But how can you call an 8-2 Duke team the worst in any of the major conferences? Duke is better than at least 20 teams from AQ conferences.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do have to question the validity of FSU strength of schedule, when one of their "quality" wins (Miami) just lost to what is prehaps the worst team of any in the major conferences (Duke). So good on them having a perfect season (which they will likely seal the deal on), but that just means they will be this year's sacrificial lamb for Alabama (which trust me, gives me no pleasure in saying that).[/QUOTE]

Quite an assertion to make. Care to elaborate as to why they would be a sacrificial lamb? Specifics on the teams and their strengths and weaknesses. Not the SOS item because that can always be overcome in a one and done.

Edti: so you forgot to address the assertion you made of me and the ACC. Why is that?

Because Alabama is leagues better than FSU, and an undefeated season doesn't prove that they FSU is close (see Notre Dame last year) nor does putting up big numbers in a weak conference (see Hawaii the year they made it to the Sugar Bowl). I will grant you I haven't delved to deeply into the numbers, but we are talking about a team that has won 3 out of the 4 last national titles and another that is just recently emerging from several years of mediocracy (while playing in a weak conference). Like I said, I would love to see FSU beat Alabama, there's just no way I see that happening.

I must have missed it, but I could have sworn there was at least one thread you got defensive about the ACC. In fact, I do believe it was the one were I made the assertion that Pitt could have success in the ACC given that it was roughly the equivilent to most schools in the ACC.