• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If or when Bo is gone! Your list of coaches!!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality of it all is, the Offense needs to change dramatically or we are never going anywhere beyond where we've consistently been.

If you can't sustain drives you aren't going to win football games. You don't see a team like Oregon botching snaps and hand-offs, running into each other in the backfield, getting false start after false start, getting called for illegal formations, etc etc.

The reason you don't see them doing that clown act is because their Offense is simple. They run the same shit over and over again, and it becomes second nature to them.

Winning at this level is as simple as blocking and taking care of the ball. If you have athletes then you can be REALLY good.

We have athletes, but we are never on the same page because someone is always a step behind somewhere. We miss blocks, we run into each other, fumble, all that shit I already mentioned. And we do it because our Offense is too confusing and has no identity or direction.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA handed Tressel a 5 year show-cause penalty which is not up until 12-19-16. Any school that would consider hiring him could be sanctioned and/or fined.
-------
And quite frankly I don't know if Tresel would want the pressure. It's difficult enough to run a major program but you can be sure the NCAA would be all over Tressels ass on every move he made. At his age who needs that.

My choice would also be Gary Patterson. Young enough to bring and keep the program back to greatness plus I like the way his staff teaches less than top quality recruits to play above their level. AND he knows Texas.

But in all honestly I agree with RA--don't think Bo will be let go unless A--Eichorst grows a pair or B Nebraska losses to Iowa and it's bowl game.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality of it all is, the Offense needs to change dramatically or we are never going anywhere beyond where we've consistently been.

If you can't sustain drives you aren't going to win football games. You don't see a team like Oregon botching snaps and hand-offs, running into each other in the backfield, getting false start after false start, getting called for illegal formations, etc etc.

The reason you don't see them doing that clown act is because their Offense is simple. They run the same shit over and over again, and it becomes second nature to them.

Winning at this level is as simple as blocking and taking care of the ball. If you have athletes then you can be REALLY good.

We have athletes, but we are never on the same page because someone is always a step behind somewhere. We miss blocks, we run into each other, fumble, all that shit I already mentioned. And we do it because our Offense is too confusing and has no identity or direction.

That is so 2007, or was it 2008..... or so I am told.

I happen to agree with you.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

------
While I somewhat agree, this is now round two of "we need to change the offense". Is it the offense or just the lack of really good coaching? I'll opt for the latter. I am convinced that Bo is far too controlling of a HC to where it will make any difference who we get as an OC (or as a DC) for that matter. Anyone that calls a pass on 2 & 1 will never be able to hire someone to run the offense as it should be.

GBR

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That call on 2nd and 1 is very common.

It wasn't a bad call.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, what did everyone think of the call last year from our own endzone in the bowl game?

On the 1 inch line and we go deep? Paid off big.

If he gets sacked though, suddenly it's a bad play.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That call on 2nd and 1 is very common.

It wasn't a bad call.
------
Good or bad call, let the OC call his own game. It's not like Bo could see something from the sideline to make this call.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PEACH! !

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance Harbor

Has head coaching experience and is undefeated

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

images

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol what's funny I was eating a peach when I sent that post lol I meant preach haha good catch

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is so 2007, or was it 2008..... or so I am told.

I happen to agree with you.

Sadly, in 2007 Nebraska had more of an identity because everyone knew they were mostly a pro style passing offense, but now it's just one big clump of mumbo jumbo no identity trash heap.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-------
And quite frankly I don't know if Tresel would want the pressure. It's difficult enough to run a major program but you can be sure the NCAA would be all over Tressels ass on every move he made. At his age who needs that.

My choice would also be Gary Patterson. Young enough to bring and keep the program back to greatness plus I like the way his staff teaches less than top quality recruits to play above their level. AND he knows Texas.

But in all honestly I agree with RA--don't think Bo will be let go unless A--Eichorst grows a pair or B Nebraska losses to Iowa and it's bowl game.

Tressel had plenty of pressure at OSU and he thrived there. I would love to see Gary Patterson at Nebraska. I bet he would transform our program from a whipping post to one that earns big bowl games and plays for championships, as opposed to not doing so under Bo.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I mean, what did everyone think of the call last year from our own endzone in the bowl game?

On the 1 inch line and we go deep? Paid off big.

If he gets sacked though, suddenly it's a bad play.

That was a great call, but it also was made when there was still a lot of time left on the clock and Georgia wasn't handling Nebraska like Minny was. It was CRITICAL that Nebraska get first downs, burn some clock, and maybe even get points on that drive.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
------
Good or bad call, let the OC call his own game. It's not like Bo could see something from the sideline to make this call.

I know it isn't a direct comparison, but I remember Osborne going over McBride's head and calling a blitz against Oklahoma when they had a 3rd and 11 back in 1982. Marcus Dupree then ran for an 82 yd TD!!!

Maybe if Bo would have let Beck call a play instead, there's a 10% chance or so he would have called the right play, an off tackle or a trap play, or maybe even a QB sneak. Keeping the drive alive would certainly have increased Nebraska's chance to win against that powerhouse Minnesota team! lol

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it isn't a direct comparison, but I remember Osborne going over McBride's head and calling a blitz against Oklahoma when they had a 3rd and 11 back in 1982. Marcus Dupree then ran for an 82 yd TD!!!

Maybe if Bo would have let Beck call a play instead, there's a 10% chance or so he would have called the right play, an off tackle or a trap play, or maybe even a QB sneak. Keeping the drive alive would certainly have increased Nebraska's chance to win against that powerhouse Minnesota team! lol
--------
I try and base my opinions here on what I have read from who I believe to be journalists that still have enough integrity to use facts rather than just opinion from blogs.

Bo was a relatively young guy when he took over the Nebraska program. Mix that with his inexperience as a HC and I think (again my opinion) you have the foundation for a HC that ends up being somewhat of a control freak. I have read over the past handful of years that is one of the problems with Bo as HC. He has to micro-manage everything. Whether it's the OC or the DC, if you have a HC that operates that way, you end up, as an assistant, trying to do your job with one hand tied behind your back. I realize that one play call on second and one by the HC could be simply that, but I don't believe that is happening here.

We are now looking at the 2nd OC that is getting heat for doing a poor job. To me that's telling. Shawn Watson was successful as an OC coach and QB coach at stints before and after being here. And now Becks getting heat. Bo is also on his second DC as well. And even Pap is more/less on the hot seat. I've read enough from legit journalists to believe the biggest issue is Bo wants to control it all.

So, no, I don't begrudge an occasional play call from a HC, I'm just convinced it happens here more than it should.

GBR

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Riley would not have been on my list! After this guy gets through with Nebraska, we may be looking at the Pelini years as being great! lol