• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Manning starts next week, the Steelers win....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ben and Brown are healthy enough to go, Steelers will win....Hate to bash PM but he won't look the same as he did against a tired weak D like he did a week ago...Pitts D has stepped it up for the playoffs...
I doubt he makes it through this whole game before they put Brock back in and we already know he can't beat them....
I'm looking for a Pitts vs KC AFCCG...

al-demotivational-funny-posters-gifs-memes-thread-funny-homer-simpson-advice-quote-crossing-arms.jpg:dhd:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be very skeptical if I was a Pats fan going into the game against the Chiefs. The Chiefs D matches up quite nicely against the Pats. Eric Berry can cover Gronk.

I don't think you will find many Pats fans excited about this match-up. The last time the Pats played KC(even though it was a year ago) the Pats got killed. I was hoping to see CINCI this week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What grade of his sprain will have a lot to do with it. I haven't looked into finding any reports on the grade of his sprain and with so many small ligaments in your shoulder, it depends on his discomfort. I have a history of shoulder problems and seeing Ben throw after the injury looked like he could basically throw sidearm at best. I would bet he wont be able to throw deep at all on Sunday but I don't know shit about all of the treatment options he has available or how well they work so......I should just stfu and shovel the driveway.

Yeah that is the problem right now is we just don't know the extent of the damage. How he played in the game or the fact that he played has very little to do with figuring out what he will be this next week. His adrenaline pumping and all the pain meds they could put him on are plenty to have allowed him to come in and make a few throws. Now that some of that has gone away I just wonder of the level of pain he is in as usually that next day can be even more painful than when you first had the injury.

As for treatment options I"m sure he has a few that we the common folk don't always have to help speed up recovery. I have no doubt that he will play but the severity of the injury will definitely determine the level of his actual playing ability. Anything above a grade 1 honestly he shouldn't even think about playing with. From the sound of it though they do seem to suggest everything is intact. That usually points to a lower grade but still he will not be 100% the rest of the playoffs if they keep winning. You are looking at a guy that most likely misses practice every week but maybe 1 day trying to save the arm for the game.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs and Broncos at Mile-High were the 2 worst match ups in the AFC possible. They are like 3-17 at Mile-High and had been getting whopped by KC as of late. Add that Belichick has coached like dogshit 1) time management vs Broncos with lead late in game to lose in Ot, 2) dumb onside kick up 14 to Philly 3) coin toss decision vs Jets 4) you need to beat Miami to lock up HFA and he has Brady handing off the ball the first half, and then start throwing it in second half? If your worry about injuries, have Garropollo play game. He leaves Brady in and then gets hurt by Suh

The team that started the season was incredible. But the team that finished the season was suspect. I have no idea which one shows up on Saturday.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ben and Brown are healthy enough to go, Steelers will win....Hate to bash PM but he won't look the same as he did against a tired weak D like he did a week ago...Pitts D has stepped it up for the playoffs...
I doubt he makes it through this whole game before they put Brock back in and we already know he can't beat them....

View attachment 75836:dhd:

:hellno: Peyton is clearly 100% healthy and he's about to break records and destroy every team left in the playoffs, including redemption against the Seahawks in the SB. :D

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. And he's a year older now.

I'm no fan of Manning starting this game because I believe Oz is better and will be a good QB. I haven't seen anything from Manning since the middle of last year through this year that makes me think he should be starting or has anything left to be a starting QB in the NFL. I really hope I'm proven wrong. We shall see what happens.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team that started the season was incredible. But the team that finished the season was suspect. I have no idea which one shows up on Saturday.

Well we know they are a different team w/o Edelman and then throw in all the other injuries, but I blame Belichick more with his shitty ass coaching. Hopefully they play like the team that went 10-0 and not the 2-4 team that finished season

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hellno: Peyton is clearly 100% healthy and he's about to break records and destroy every team left in the playoffs, including redemption against the Seahawks in the SB. :D

:lol:
It don't hurt to hope and dream, but if you look at the bright side too long, it will temporarily blind you...:heh:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 75836:dhd:

OS he went 5/9 for 69 yards 0 tds but 0 int too.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is the problem right now is we just don't know the extent of the damage. How he played in the game or the fact that he played has very little to do with figuring out what he will be this next week. His adrenaline pumping and all the pain meds they could put him on are plenty to have allowed him to come in and make a few throws. Now that some of that has gone away I just wonder of the level of pain he is in as usually that next day can be even more painful than when you first had the injury.

As for treatment options I"m sure he has a few that we the common folk don't always have to help speed up recovery. I have no doubt that he will play but the severity of the injury will definitely determine the level of his actual playing ability. Anything above a grade 1 honestly he shouldn't even think about playing with. From the sound of it though they do seem to suggest everything is intact. That usually points to a lower grade but still he will not be 100% the rest of the playoffs if they keep winning. You are looking at a guy that most likely misses practice every week but maybe 1 day trying to save the arm for the game.

The plasma platelet treatment is the only guess I have that he will likely get and I haven't a clue how well or fast that works. I, at the very least, am hoping for a good game and with so many questions about both teams, trying to decide how I think it will go seems pointless. (What to expect from Manning, Ben, Brown, RBs from both teams, etc.) I want Pittsburgh to win over anything but honestly don't want Manning to go out playing like he had earlier in the season.

Here's hoping for at least a good game! :suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The plasma platelet treatment is the only guess I have that he will likely get and I haven't a clue how well or fast that works. I, at the very least, am hoping for a good game and with so many questions about both teams, trying to decide how I think it will go seems pointless. (What to expect from Manning, Ben, Brown, RBs from both teams, etc.) I want Pittsburgh to win over anything but honestly don't want Manning to go out playing like he had earlier in the season.

Here's hoping for at least a good game! :suds:

With all the injuries and unknown it is one of those games that I would stay away from all betting. We really do have no clue what to expect from our two teams. I mean I hope we see Manning of the 2013 season. Most likely that doesn't happen. And as we have been talking we have no clue what to expect from Big Ben. He could be the tough QB that seems to rise above his injuries guy that he has been in the past or this could be the injury that really does hurt his chances of winning the game. I mean this is a bit of a different injury compared to a lower leg injury or a shot to the ribs. This is his throwing arm so all bets are off when it comes to trying to figure out what his arm can and cannot do. When you throw in the fact he probably isn't going to throw a whole heck of a lot this week if at all before the game so the team might not even know what his limitations are before the game. Going to be a fun one to watch for sure!

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
It don't hurt to hope and dream, but if you look at the bright side too long, it will temporarily blind you...:heh:

Oh I know. I've been blinded by homerism and team koolaid plenty of times in the past in all sports. But I understand the fact that Peyton is the weakest link here, and he's going to have to be the ultimate game manager to win. Hand the ball off and throw 5 or 10 yard passes.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hoping Manning has 3 good games left in him. Oz has been professional about this situation as well.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But I think they just shoot Big Ben up with painkillers and watch him play great. He's the guy I trust in a big game.
No doubt. Painkillers & adrenaline will make him feel 25 again.

If he can tolerate the pain and still throw with decent velocity then he's your man no matter what. Even with a gimp shoulder he will probably still be able to throw harder than Manning.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hoping Manning has 3 good games left in him. Oz has been professional about this situation as well.

In his prime, Peyton liked to choke in the playoffs. I know this team is built on defense and a great running game, but Peyton loves to throw the costly INT at just the wrong moment. I'm not sure he has even 1 good game left in him. We'll see. I like taking the 6.5 points, regardless.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know. I've been blinded by homerism and team koolaid plenty of times in the past in all sports. But I understand the fact that Peyton is the weakest link here, and he's going to have to be the ultimate game manager to win. Hand the ball off and throw 5 or 10 yard passes.

I think he's gonna get beat up by that Pitts rush and we all know what happens once he gets frustrated....
I watched him throw 6 INT's in a game against SD when he was with the Colts, and we saw what happened in the Seattle Massacre.... He's older, slower and his body is breaking down on him...I love the guy, he's all class but the truth is the truth....Every road has to end somewhere !!! :2cents:

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OS he went 5/9 for 69 yards 0 tds but 0 int too.

And no turn overs....Wonder how it will look after a whole game after being out for so many weeks and now full speed ahead ......Unless that D comes up big for them, I think he will be on the bench by early 3rd qtr....He's gettin' beat up for sure and if Pitts picks him off a few times, they're bringing in the Greyhound for PM in Denver..
It's a wrap !!

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his prime, Peyton liked to choke in the playoffs. I know this team is built on defense and a great running game, but Peyton loves to throw the costly INT at just the wrong moment. I'm not sure he has even 1 good game left in him. We'll see. I like taking the 6.5 points, regardless.

Read my earlier post. I have my doubts and no0t thrilled he is starting. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is doubtful to play. If he does not play and Ben is limited Idk how pittsburgh will generate enough offense.