• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Manning starts next week, the Steelers win....

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What proof did we have about Brady doctoring footballs? Other than a misleading tweet from Chris Mortensen and ESPN making him out to be guilty before anyone really knew anything. We know that Manning had HGH sent to his house at a time when he was recovering from a career-threatening injury. Do you REALLY need this spelled out for you? The only difference this time is that ESPN decided to bury the story rather than report it.
That's not true. We can speculate about that but we don't know that. The only thing we know is that they sent something to Ashley Manning. That's it. Anything other than that is speculation.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this was all about your Brady insecurities. Don't worry, even amid all the shady activity he is still a good QB.

Why would I be insecure about a QB with 4 rings? That doesn't make any sense.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true. We can speculate about that but we don't know that. The only thing we know is that they sent something to Ashley Manning. That's it. Anything other than that is speculation.

The Internet would explode if Gisele was sent HGH and you know it.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I be insecure about a QB with 4 rings? That doesn't make any sense.

Why is it always a pats fan that attacks Manning like this? Frankly, why would you care if Manning used HGH with his broken neck? You are clearly butt-hurt about something.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Internet would explode if Gisele was sent HGH and you know it.

Well haven't you exploded because it was possibly sent to Manning's wife? I mean you have been fighting to keep this story relevant since the second it came out.

As said above right now we know very little. Heck the people who released the story have even backed off making sure everybody realizes they never once said that Manning was the one using the HGH. Always interesting when the possibility of being sued over the ordeal causes these media folks to really back off their story. If they had all the evidence they claimed at the beginning well they wouldn't be backing down like they are.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it always a pats fan that attacks Manning like this? Frankly, why would you care if Manning used HGH with his broken neck? You are clearly butt-hurt about something.

Normally, I wouldn't fault him nor would I care that much. However, after seeing the Deflategate circus for 9 months, I think an all-time great using HGH(and subsequently having an incredible couple seasons) is worthy of the media's attention. After all the talk of integrity integrity integrity, Manning using HGH to get on the field should not be buried.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well haven't you exploded because it was possibly sent to Manning's wife? I mean you have been fighting to keep this story relevant since the second it came out.

As said above right now we know very little. Heck the people who released the story have even backed off making sure everybody realizes they never once said that Manning was the one using the HGH. Always interesting when the possibility of being sued over the ordeal causes these media folks to really back off their story. If they had all the evidence they claimed at the beginning well they wouldn't be backing down like they are.

I just want fair reporting by the media. Deflategate was such a mind-numbing exercise that was stoked by ESPN and NFL lap-dogs like Chris Mortensen.

Meanwhile, Manning never denied that HGH was sent to his friggin' house. Never denied it even though his wife had no legal reason to get HGH. Where there is smoke, there is fire. That's why this argument switched from whether he did it to most people just saying they "didn't care" if he did.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want fair reporting by the media. Deflategate was such a mind-numbing exercise that was stoked by ESPN and NFL lap-dogs like Chris Mortensen.

Meanwhile, Manning never denied that HGH was sent to his friggin' house. Never denied it even though his wife had no legal reason to get HGH. Where there is smoke, there is fire. That's why this argument switched from whether he did it to most people just saying they "didn't care" if he did.

First off how do you know that she has no legal reason to receive HGH? They have not once said what her condition is or what she was receiving whether it was HGH or not. No they have not denied it but they also haven't said that it was. So right now we have no clue what it is and you saying "Oh it had to be HGH because they are not denying it" is like me saying "Well of course Brady had to have known they were deflating footballs how could he not" when we didn't have all the evidence.

As for the ESPN people my guess is if further evidence comes out that after the Super Bowl the NFL will need their big story that keeps everybody engaged and it wouldn't surprise me to see that story be what takes off. Just like with Deflategate in while they did talk about it before the Super Bowl it really heated up when the season ended. Right now the NFL still likes to keep most of the story on the actual games being played.

Also again when the very people who reported this in the very beginning are already backing off the story the second legal action is threatened that usually is a sign that they don't have all the evidence that they said they did. Where there is smoke there is fire as you said. I mean they are already trying to cover themselves.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manning is still the biggest rival to Brady and the patriots. Put a football in their hands (even regulation psi) and Brady has the edge ... put a mike in their hands and Manning is king.

That Brady press conference last year showed what a dork Brady is in the media world while Manning with his endearing nit-grit accent sold shitty pizzas ... but what the media, from the WH press secretary to SNL to Espn's Mortensen did to Brady was effin low

So now that manning has some explaining to do, he won't have to ... and that is the media's call ... and that ain't fair

Personally though, I hope the bs doesn't continue ... even against Manning ...

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off how do you know that she has no legal reason to receive HGH? They have not once said what her condition is or what she was receiving whether it was HGH or not. No they have not denied it but they also haven't said that it was. So right now we have no clue what it is and you saying "Oh it had to be HGH because they are not denying it" is like me saying "Well of course Brady had to have known they were deflating footballs how could he not" when we didn't have all the evidence.

As for the ESPN people my guess is if further evidence comes out that after the Super Bowl the NFL will need their big story that keeps everybody engaged and it wouldn't surprise me to see that story be what takes off. Just like with Deflategate in while they did talk about it before the Super Bowl it really heated up when the season ended. Right now the NFL still likes to keep most of the story on the actual games being played.

Also again when the very people who reported this in the very beginning are already backing off the story the second legal action is threatened that usually is a sign that they don't have all the evidence that they said they did. Where there is smoke there is fire as you said. I mean they are already trying to cover themselves.

You don't get it ...

and I actually hope you, as a Manning fan, never do

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off how do you know that she has no legal reason to receive HGH? They have not once said what her condition is or what she was receiving whether it was HGH or not. No they have not denied it but they also haven't said that it was. So right now we have no clue what it is and you saying "Oh it had to be HGH because they are not denying it" is like me saying "Well of course Brady had to have known they were deflating footballs how could he not" when we didn't have all the evidence. .

Exactly. This is EXACTLY why the media and the average sports fan did after the Brady story broke. First they acted like it was a big deal and then hey assumed guilt before anyone really knew anything.

Where's the Wells Report on Manning? Where's a comment from Goodell? Surely you see a double-standard here?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is still the biggest rival to Brady and the patriots. Put a football in their hands (even regulation psi) and Brady has the edge ... put a mike in their hands and Manning is king.

That Brady press conference last year showed what a dork Brady is in the media world while Manning with his endearing nit-grit accent sold shitty pizzas ... but what the media, from the WH press secretary to SNL to Espn's Mortensen did to Brady was effin low

So now that manning has some explaining to do, he won't have to ... and that is the media's call ... and that ain't fair

Personally though, I hope the bs doesn't continue ... even against Manning ...

But what about the "integrity of the game"?? How many times did you hear that term during the offseason? Except now that Manning is involved, it doesn't mean anything and he's merely an "all-time great trying to get back on the field".

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what about the "integrity of the game"?? How many times did you hear that term during the offseason? Except now that Manning is involved, it doesn't mean anything and he's merely an "all-time great trying to get back on the field".

After NFL inc. got its bullshit ass handed to em in court they know enough that raising the topic of "integrity" would require an explanation ... and like Peyton, an explanation they could never give ...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Fair' or not chappee, I think it bears mentioning that reporting can only be done with sources. If there's no source giving info to the press, there's no story. Now there may be media outlets investigating the HGH story (would be surprised if there's not), but they won't go public with those stories until there, well, actually something to report.

In the deflategate situation, there was a free-flowing pipeline of information on the story, from all kinds of sources. Sources (the league and the team itself) with credentials.

In this particular case, if the journalist(s) involved have backed off whatever source they were originally using, then nobody else is going to go public with their dicks hanging in the wind, in the interests in some perceived 'fairness,' that you and other fans think there should be.

If they can

a. validate the original source
b. Find other sources to back up the story

Then everybody and their dog jumps on the story.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all, you still don't know that HGH was sent to his house. Stop acting like that's a fact when it's not. Something was sent to his house, it could have been HGH, it could have been something else. But it's really hard to take you seriously when you keep claiming that we "know" things that we don't actually know.

Second, how exactly do you know his wife had no legal reason to get HGH? Are you her doctor or something?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know that the "deflator" wasn't a dude trying to lose weight, huh?

Ok, maybe because that's fucking retarded. Nevermind...