• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Manning starts next week, the Steelers win....

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Antonio Brown is out I'll probably pick Denver.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well let's see...They have been operating in the United States since 2012 if I remember right. They release their biggest story so far in the time they have been in operation and all of a sudden people start questioning their sources and those named in the report are threatening to sue and all of a sudden they shut down...Hmmm yeah complete coincidence that this happened.

@Keystone
Also, This from CNN(pay special attention to the last sentence).

"Al Jazeera America invested in serious, in-depth reporting and racked up many journalism awards for doing so. But its ratings have remained anemic since launch. In prime time the channel only averages between 20,000 and 40,000 viewers on a typical day. CNN, Fox News and other cable news channels have well over ten times as many viewers.

The channel's end appears to have been prompted by the plunging price of oil, which dropped below $30 a barrel on Tuesday for the first time in 12 years. That's significant because Al Jazeera America is owned by Al Jazeera Media Group, which in turn is owned by the government of Qatar.

A source at the company's headquarters in Doha said that Al Jazeera was planning on making cuts all over -- perhaps up to one thousand jobs -- due to the falling oil prices.

"Al Jazeera Media Network had to cut, and instead of making it across the board or anywhere else, they decided to chop Al Jazeera America," the source said.

Along with falling oil prices, another factor for Al Jazeera's bosses was the channel's status with cable distributors. Some of its carriage contracts are due to expire soon, and distributors are eager to stop carrying low-rated channels.

In an email to staff on Wednesday, Anstey said that the decision to pull the plug on Al Jazeera America was "driven by the fact that our business model is simply not sustainable in an increasingly digital world, and because of the current global financial challenges."

From the beginning, Al Jazeera America has been beset by lousy ratings and internal strife.
Wednesday's announcement comes just weeks after Al Jazeera America broadcast a provocative documentary about sports doping that linked Peyton Manning's wife to shipments of human growth hormone. Manning denied some of the claims and two other athletes named in the documentary filed lawsuits against the channel.

There is no link between the controversy and the channel's closure, however. The investigative unit that produced the doping documentary will remain in operation."

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable that the story in Colorado is that "Peyton Manning put Al Jazeera out of business".

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning’s 14-Foot-Tall Wife Crushes Skull Of Sports Journalist Asking About HGH
1200.jpg

DENVER—Tearing her blouse seams as she angrily flexed her massive, rippling biceps, Ashley Manning, the 14-foot-tall wife of Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, crushed the skull of a journalist inquiring about allegations that she received shipments of human growth hormone on behalf of her husband, sources confirmed Friday. “Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh!” the enormous, muscle-bound 390-pound woman bellowed upon being asked about her connection to the Indianapolis-based Guyer Institute medical center, before she then grabbed the reporter’s head with one hand, squeezed it until his skull caved in, and violently slammed his limp body into the ground. “No comment!” Sources confirmed that Peyton Manning was unavailable for questions after his wife tucked him under her arm and carried him away.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now. It would have been easy to categorically deny this. Something like "I've never had HGH sent to my house. Period!!" But it wasn't said. Meanwhile, we have Peyton coming off 4 neck surgeries at age 37 breaking all sorts of records and playing better than ever. Nothing to see here, right? I get it that you want to defend the guys on your team, but the whole thing looks fishy as hell.
None of that is proof! How is this so hard for you to understand? I haven't defended Manning at all, I'm just saying that things you claim we "know" aren't actually things we know.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable that the story in Colorado is that "Peyton Manning put Al Jazeera out of business".
You know that cdumler doesn't live in Colorado, right?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that is proof! How is this so hard for you to understand? I haven't defended Manning at all, I'm just saying that things you claim we "know" aren't actually things we know.

Everyone jumped to conclusions on Deflategate knowing far less about what happened than we know here. If you think Manning's superlative season at age 37, after 4 neck surgeries, was on the up-and-up, so be it.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know that cdumler doesn't live in Colorado, right?

Obviously not, or I wouldn't have said that. I'll have to amend my statement to: If the story in Broncos' circles(NOT Colorado) is "Peyton Manning put Al Jazeera out of business" you need to step in and educate folks.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone jumped to conclusions on Deflategate knowing far less about what happened than we know here. If you think Manning's superlative season at age 37, after 4 neck surgeries, was on the up-and-up, so be it.

What we think and what we know are two separate things, which you seem to have a hard time distinguishing. But I do find it ironic that you're so upset about people jumping to conclusions on Brady, while you're assuming the worst case for Manning.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously not, or I wouldn't have said that. I'll have to amend my statement to: If the story in Broncos' circles(NOT Colorado) is "Peyton Manning put Al Jazeera out of business" you need to step in and educate folks.
I just assumed it was something else you "knew."

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we think and what we know are two separate things, which you seem to have a hard time distinguishing. But I do find it ironic that you're so upset about people jumping to conclusions on Brady, while you're assuming the worst case for Manning.

I too think Chappee's going a tad overboard but this does work both ways. Manning fans are calling bullshit on jumping to conclusions when that's exactly what they did with Brady.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too think Chappee's going a tad overboard but this does work both ways. Manning fans are calling bullshit on jumping to conclusions when that's exactly what they did with Brady.
So if anyone should understand what that's like and wait for the evidence, you would think it would be Brady and Patriots fans.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if anyone should understand what that's like and wait for the evidence, you would think it would be Brady and Patriots fans.

Correct, but vengence is a fickle lady.

AND, if this was Brady, shit would be flying.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, but vengence is a fickle lady.

AND, if this was Brady, shit would be flying.
It's not vengeance, it's hypocrisy. If you were crying "wait for the evidence!" with Brady, and are now claiming Manning is guilty, that makes you a hypocrite.