• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Manning starts next week, the Steelers win....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface this by saying that I despise both of these teams equally, but Manning is in such a tough spot here. I think the game would be a toss-up with Osweiler starting(though he isn't anything special). But Manning is just such a choke in games like this. He's the king of the one-and-done in the postseason(including at home against Indy just 12 short months ago), with an incedible NINE such defeats(including 3 of his last 4 playoff appearances). I'm not sure if that's a record, but it has to be close.

Manning is the same guy that was completely washed-up just a few weeks ago when he was benched. The benefits from the HGH are long gone by now and we know he can't play in the cold anymore.

Meanwhile, Roethlisberger is just a winner. He's the guy you don't want to face. The Steelers are pretty beat-up, but I'm not concerned. I already bet on the Steelers +6.5.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of these QB's are limited. I just trust the Broncos offense with Manning "healthy" as much as I do my dog to not rip off the nearest rabbit's head given the chance. It'll be close, but I am leaning towards Pittsburgh because of turnovers.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning isn't "limited." Good grief you people just lap up anything you're told.

The Broncos win this game fairly handily. In fact, the Broncos are your Superbowl winner.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Ben plays he's going to be somewhat limited. That worries me. He's the toughest SOB in the NFL, so I won't doubt him. AB will ready to go, and so should D-Will. But if Landry Jones is the QB, then this one is going to be ugly.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
banged up Ben and the other softies won't be able to handle the Broncos Defense. If you like makin' bacon, put all your cheddar with the cabbage.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Steelers are "optimistic" Ben Roethlisberger (shoulder) will play in the Divisional Round if he avoids setbacks this week.

La Canfora says the Steelers will "take every precaution," holding Ben out of practice "probably until Thursday." La Canfora calls Roethlisberger's injury a "shoulder strain" in his right (throwing) arm. It's unclear how close to 100 percent Roethlisberger will be by the end of next week, but for now the Steelers at least aren't planning to have to start Landry Jones at Denver.

is this the 1st lie of the week:suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any body know what a separated shoulder feels like on Monday morning?????

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have no business losing to the Steelers as banged up as they are. If Roethlisberger goes, I'd imagine the Broncos will sit on the short routes and make him prove he can beat them deep. That and I'm sure they'll be hitting his shoulder every chance they get. Combine that with the defense's motivation to rebound from their disaster in Pittsburgh, and I don't think the Steelers stand much of a chance.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have no business losing to the Steelers as banged up as they are. If Roethlisberger goes, I'd imagine the Broncos will sit on the short routes and make him prove he can beat them deep. That and I'm sure they'll be hitting his shoulder every chance they get. Combine that with the defense's motivation to rebound from their disaster in Pittsburgh, and I don't think the Steelers stand much of a chance.
our defense handled your offense quite well in the burgh ... your D couldnt handle our offense in the second half .. it's not going to be a walk in the park for either team ..so your advocating hurting another player thats already hurt in order to win the game ? sounds desperate to me

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface this by saying that I despise both of these teams equally, but Manning is in such a tough spot here. I think the game would be a toss-up with Osweiler starting(though he isn't anything special). But Manning is just such a choke in games like this. He's the king of the one-and-done in the postseason(including at home against Indy just 12 short months ago), with an incedible NINE such defeats(including 3 of his last 4 playoff appearances). I'm not sure if that's a record, but it has to be close.

Manning is the same guy that was completely washed-up just a few weeks ago when he was benched. The benefits from the HGH are long gone by now and we know he can't play in the cold anymore.

Meanwhile, Roethlisberger is just a winner. He's the guy you don't want to face. The Steelers are pretty beat-up, but I'm not concerned. I already bet on the Steelers +6.5.
I agree,...but...i'd prefer Ossweiler, he was stinking it up the last game he played vs. S.D..,...at least let the Steelers rough-up Peyton a bit just incase we have to go to Denver....[if we cough/win this week].

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our defense handled your offense quite well in the burgh ... your D couldnt handle our offense in the second half .. it's not going to be a walk in the park for either team ..so your advocating hurting another player thats already hurt in order to win the game ? sounds desperate to me
We put up 27 points in the first half, I'd hardly call that "handled." And yeah, our defense sucked in the second half, that's why I think they'll be extra motivated to prove that was a fluke. I mean, Chris Harris Jr. basically had the worst game of his life in Pittsburgh, do you think he's likely to repeat that kind of performance?

And nowhere did I advocate hurting anyone, but let's not be naive: the Broncos would be stupid to not test out Ben's shoulder. That's just how the sport is played. That doesn't mean they should take cheap shots at him, just that they should try to hit him hard and frequently, just like they would to any other qb.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We put up 27 points in the first half, I'd hardly call that "handled." And yeah, our defense sucked in the second half, that's why I think they'll be extra motivated to prove that was a fluke. I mean, Chris Harris Jr. basically had the worst game of his life in Pittsburgh, do you think he's likely to repeat that kind of performance?

And nowhere did I advocate hurting anyone, but let's not be naive: the Broncos would be stupid to not test out Ben's shoulder. That's just how the sport is played. That doesn't mean they should take cheap shots at him, just that they should try to hit him hard and frequently, just like they would to any other qb.
how many points did you score in the second half , not too many huh? ....still sounds like you condone cheap shots in order to win putting it into the game plan ... so by your account the steelers should test how well peytons neck will hold out by hitting him there and its all ok cause thats the way the game is played

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers team we saw this weekend isn't gonna knock off Denver.

On any given Sunday though so we'll see but Broncs deserve to be favorites.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many points did you score in the second half , not too many huh? ....still sounds like you condone cheap shots in order to win putting it into the game plan ... so by your account the steelers should test how well peytons neck will hold out by hitting him there and its all ok cause thats the way the game is played
I think the Steelers should try to hit Manning hard and often, just like the Broncos should try to hit Roethlisberger hard and often. That's not advocating cheap shots. Don't read into things that aren't there.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers team we saw this weekend isn't gonna knock off Denver.

On any given Sunday though so we'll see but Broncs deserve to be favorites.
didnt say that the donkeys didnt deserve to be favorites did I?..just sayin just dont proclaim a win before the game is played ...the steelers will still suprise you that I do know and you wont hear any excuses from me if we lose

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Steelers should try to hit Manning hard and often, just like the Broncos should try to hit Roethlisberger hard and often. That's not advocating cheap shots. Don't read into things that aren't there.
but you have said target his shoulder .. seams to me you feel that the only way that you feel you can win is by targeting bens shoulder to get jones into the game

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you have said target his shoulder .. seams to me you feel that the only way that you feel you can win is by targeting bens shoulder to get jones into the game
Denver has a better chance of winning if Roethlisberger doesn't play, but that doesn't mean they can't win if he does play.

And I never said they should target his shoulder. I said they should hit his shoulder. Which they should. That's just smart. Make him feel it every time he passes.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way that should be a great game to watch. Great offense vs. great defense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27-21 Steelers?

From a DEF standpoint...if Manning plays I think PIT should creep up on the short patterns and take their chances on the deep ball...quite frankly I would do the same to Ben with his shoulder.

I'm more concerned about the DEN D to be honest...not ready to hang a score yet, but I probably would take the 6.5 if Ben plays.