• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Manning starts next week, the Steelers win....

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many points did you score in the second half , not too many huh? ....still sounds like you condone cheap shots in order to win putting it into the game plan ... so by your account the steelers should test how well peytons neck will hold out by hitting him there and its all ok cause thats the way the game is played

If the steelers want to target Manning's neck all game, go ahead. 15 yard penalties all game. The difference between Manning's neck and Big Ben's shoulder is that his is fresh, legal, and you see QBs take extra bumps on their sides all the time.

And you really cannot complain about cheap shots after Cody Wallace launched himself into a defenseless player after the play was long dead.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting.

Manning is the greatest regular season QB in the history of football. Not even a close second really. But he has always been a subpar playoff performer.

Now in his last season he had one of the worst regular seasons ever. IMO he is going to flip the script and have a solid postseason and Trent Dilfer that team to the SB.

For the Broncos to beat any team in the league, they only need about 180 yards of efficient, mistake free passing. I really think when the playoff lights turn on that defense is going to take it to another level.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the steelers want to target Manning's neck all game, go ahead. 15 yard penalties all game. The difference between Manning's neck and Big Ben's shoulder is that his is fresh, legal, and you see QBs take extra bumps on their sides all the time.

And you really cannot complain about cheap shots after Cody Wallace launched himself into a defenseless player after the play was long dead.
but according to your pal thats the way the game is played as long as its legal it doesnt matter if the player gets hurt and then its the accepted and only way to win, got it,still sounds desperate to me but ok .. and I never condoned wallace's hit actually i was po'd cause it cost us yardage ..

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning isn't "limited." Good grief you people just lap up anything you're told.

The Broncos win this game fairly handily. In fact, the Broncos are your Superbowl winner.

Manning has been limited for the better part of the last 2 seasons. Nobody "told" me that. I noticed it by watching him play. He's completely washed up AND the biggest choker of this generation(and maybe ever). That's not a good combo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our defense handled your offense quite well in the burgh ... your D couldnt handle our offense in the second half .. it's not going to be a walk in the park for either team ..so your advocating hurting another player thats already hurt in order to win the game ? sounds desperate to me

I would also caution you to think that how our defense played in that 2nd half is indication that you guys can do that to them again. We actually were missing quite a few starters the last time we played you with 2 of the biggest being both starting safeties. The 2 safeties that did play we picked up over the 2-3 weeks before that game that were not even on an NFL team. Now both starting safeties are actually healthy plus we have a healthy DeMarcus Ware as well who when healthy has actually been a better pass rusher than even Von Miller this year.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Ben plays he's going to be somewhat limited. That worries me. He's the toughest SOB in the NFL, so I won't doubt him. AB will ready to go, and so should D-Will. But if Landry Jones is the QB, then this one is going to be ugly.

Agreed. But I think they just shoot Big Ben up with painkillers and watch him play great. He's the guy I trust in a big game.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but according to your pal thats the way the game is played as long as its legal it doesnt matter if the player gets hurt and then its the accepted and only way to win, got it,still sounds desperate to me but ok .. and I never condoned wallace's hit actually i was po'd cause it cost us yardage ..

Definitely not what he said. And going for a neck is not legal or really ups the chances of those headshot to the QB penalties.

I guarantee every linebacker and DE would give Big Ben an extra push given the chance. And I guarantee your players would do the same if it were the opposing team. Idea is not to cripple him but to make it a little sore and make him question throws. It is an advantage every team tries. Inflict some pain and make the opposing team rethink their plans. That is why you see WR over the middle get laid out but a huge unnecessary hit.

You are just angry that it is Big Ben on the receiving end. You would be ecstatic if it was Manning this week in that position or Flacco or whoever. And to be honest, I think Big Ben could lose that throwing arm and they would sew it back on on his way to tossing 3 TDs. The dude can take a beating.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think you would be more pissed off for the fact that he ended the players season. AT least if you care about targeting players for injury. You only seem to care about the fact that a Bronco fan talked about hitting Ben Roethlisberger hard. Isn't that what you are supposed to do to any QB? I mean are you saying they should take it easy to make sure his shoulder doesn't get more hurt? Big Ben is the one that possibly is putting himself at risk by going and playing the game. Him landing on his shoulder is just part of what it means to play QB. Every hit he takes will have him landing on a shoulder. That is how the game is played.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also caution you to think that how our defense played in that 2nd half is indication that you guys can do that to them again. We actually were missing quite a few starters the last time we played you with 2 of the biggest being both starting safeties. The 2 safeties that did play we picked up over the 2-3 weeks before that game that were not even on an NFL team. Now both starting safeties are actually healthy plus we have a healthy DeMarcus Ware as well who when healthy has actually been a better pass rusher than even Von Miller this year.
well then maybe we should just not show up because by all accounts on paper we lost .. gotta play the game man i like our chances

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's just no way the Broncos are going to lose this game. There's no scenario that will allow the Steelers to win unless the Broncos give them the game. It's already set in stone.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not what he said. And going for a neck is not legal or really ups the chances of those headshot to the QB penalties.

I guarantee every linebacker and DE would give Big Ben an extra push given the chance. And I guarantee your players would do the same if it were the opposing team. Idea is not to cripple him but to make it a little sore and make him question throws. It is an advantage every team tries. Inflict some pain and make the opposing team rethink their plans. That is why you see WR over the middle get laid out but a huge unnecessary hit.

You are just angry that it is Big Ben on the receiving end. You would be ecstatic if it was Manning this week in that position or Flacco or whoever. And to be honest, I think Big Ben could lose that throwing arm and they would sew it back on on his way to tossing 3 TDs. The dude can take a beating.
no no no I think it was just fun to give you guys some crap thats all ..lol ..

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's just no way the Broncos are going to lose this game. There's no scenario that will allow the Steelers to win unless the Broncos give them the game. It's already set in stone.
jak your our good luck charm keep up the great work and root against us

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Ben plays he's going to be somewhat limited. That worries me. He's the toughest SOB in the NFL, so I won't doubt him. AB will ready to go, and so should D-Will. But if Landry Jones is the QB, then this one is going to be ugly.

Toughest SOB?

Why does he get hurt so much then?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well then maybe we should just not show up because by all accounts on paper we lost .. gotta play the game man i like our chances

Didn't say you guys didn't stand a chance. You guys have a great team. What I am saying is you were commenting about how the Broncos offense played in the 2nd half against your defense and well I would caution you to think that your offense would do the same against our defense as what you saw in the 2nd half. A lot has happened in the last couple of months since that game was played.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jak your our good luck charm keep up the great work and root against us

Nah. The Bengals were your good luck charm. The Broncos aren't going to be idiots like that.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say you guys didn't stand a chance. You guys have a great team. What I am saying is you were commenting about how the Broncos offense played in the 2nd half against your defense and well I would caution you to think that your offense would do the same against our defense as what you saw in the 2nd half. A lot has happened in the last couple of months since that game was played.
cd i know that but i also know the steelers they are at their best when they are the under dogs..

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Ben and Brown will play.

Manning is a good match up against this defense. He is not good enough for long passes, which is the Achilles heel for this defense. The Steelers defense is pathetic for medium to long range passes. It is relatively better on short passes. They have been tackling well over the past few weeks as well, so YAC shouldn't be an issue.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt say that the donkeys didnt deserve to be favorites did I?..just sayin just dont proclaim a win before the game is played ...the steelers will still suprise you that I do know and you wont hear any excuses from me if we lose

Just fyi, I wasn't responding to anyone in particular.

This is a terribly misguided statement to make. NFL Playoff history is full of bigger upsets.