• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Manning starts next week, the Steelers win....

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not vengeance, it's hypocrisy. If you were crying "wait for the evidence!" with Brady, and are now claiming Manning is guilty, that makes you a hypocrite.

Yeah, be Brady haters started it neener neener neener - Works both ways.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and BTW, I'm no Brady apologist. Of course he knew the balls were getting doctored. My only complaint is the manner in which the whole thing was handled.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and BTW, I'm no Brady apologist. Of course he knew the balls were getting doctored. My only complaint is the manner in which the whole thing was handled.
And I'm not naive, I think Manning probably did use HGH. My only issue is with people like Chappee and their constant "we know this" and "we know that" about things that we really don't know.

So yeah, Brady probably had those guys deflating the football, and Manning probably took HGH, and we'll probably never find out the truth about either guy.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacman say's he's playing

So that means Pacman won't appologize? Lol

I rarely presume to speak for all of Steeler Nation, but on this one occasion, I'll do so.

None of us gives a flying Burfict whether PacMan apologizes.

If Antonio Brown plays, PacMan can go fuck himself.

And if he doesn't play, PacMan can STILL go fuck himself, whether he apologizes or not. :finger:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Keystone
Also, This from CNN(pay special attention to the last sentence).

"Al Jazeera America invested in serious, in-depth reporting and racked up many journalism awards for doing so. But its ratings have remained anemic since launch. In prime time the channel only averages between 20,000 and 40,000 viewers on a typical day. CNN, Fox News and other cable news channels have well over ten times as many viewers.

The channel's end appears to have been prompted by the plunging price of oil, which dropped below $30 a barrel on Tuesday for the first time in 12 years. That's significant because Al Jazeera America is owned by Al Jazeera Media Group, which in turn is owned by the government of Qatar.

A source at the company's headquarters in Doha said that Al Jazeera was planning on making cuts all over -- perhaps up to one thousand jobs -- due to the falling oil prices.

"Al Jazeera Media Network had to cut, and instead of making it across the board or anywhere else, they decided to chop Al Jazeera America," the source said.

Along with falling oil prices, another factor for Al Jazeera's bosses was the channel's status with cable distributors. Some of its carriage contracts are due to expire soon, and distributors are eager to stop carrying low-rated channels.

In an email to staff on Wednesday, Anstey said that the decision to pull the plug on Al Jazeera America was "driven by the fact that our business model is simply not sustainable in an increasingly digital world, and because of the current global financial challenges."

From the beginning, Al Jazeera America has been beset by lousy ratings and internal strife.
Wednesday's announcement comes just weeks after Al Jazeera America broadcast a provocative documentary about sports doping that linked Peyton Manning's wife to shipments of human growth hormone. Manning denied some of the claims and two other athletes named in the documentary filed lawsuits against the channel.

There is no link between the controversy and the channel's closure, however. The investigative unit that produced the doping documentary will remain in operation."

Interesting because what I have been reading over the last 24 hours is they had never had a better year than this past one.

Now please understand I'm not saying they are only pulling out because the whole HGH thing blew up in their face. I'm saying they have had multiple run ins during their time in the United States that has hurt their chances of being a long-term media group. They have violated many regulations put on media and have been banned many places for suspect behavior. So it doesn't surprise me then for them to come out with the Manning story then when the lawsuits are threatened all of a sudden have to show people that they never said Manning was the one taking it so that they never actually accused him of such behavior. I mean before all the lawsuits and everything else was threatened they kept talking about all of these sources they had to back up the story but when legal action is going to be taken they back off from that. To me that is them realizing they have nothing and the more they push this story the more expensive things are going to get.

Now maybe things change and more people come out saying yes this is true and when that happens hey I have no problem changing my tune. As others have said you have jumped to some very wild conclusions though based on what I would consider less than what they had on Brady and Deflategate.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't bother my friend, I've been saying that too since day one, but in here it's always blanket "Pats fans" statements.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't bother my friend, I've been saying that too since day one, but in here it's always blanket "Pats fans" statements.

How would you rather we say it then because right now I would say a majority of Pats fans view him as completely innocent of ever doing anything wrong and should be treated like royalty. I mean heck they even had some Pats fans try to raise money to help pay the fine the team ended up getting even though they have one of the richest owners in the league.

Now I haven't seen one Bronco fan on here say that Manning is completely innocent. I think all of us have tried to do the whole let's just wait and see where this goes attitude. We have had players in the past caught up in PED claims and I don't think there were many of us that defended those players. Heck we ripped apart Derek Wolfe earlier in the year for getting suspended for PED use instead of trying to justify it away.

Now I guess we could start saying "Most Pats Fans" instead of just "Pats Fans" because yes I know there are some reasonable Pats fans just like every fan base has reasonable fans.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you rather we say it then because right now I would say a majority of Pats fans view him as completely innocent of ever doing anything wrong and should be treated like royalty. I mean heck they even had some Pats fans try to raise money to help pay the fine the team ended up getting even though they have one of the richest owners in the league.

Now I haven't seen one Bronco fan on here say that Manning is completely innocent. I think all of us have tried to do the whole let's just wait and see where this goes attitude. We have had players in the past caught up in PED claims and I don't think there were many of us that defended those players. Heck we ripped apart Derek Wolfe earlier in the year for getting suspended for PED use instead of trying to justify it away.

Now I guess we could start saying "Most Pats Fans" instead of just "Pats Fans" because yes I know there are some reasonable Pats fans just like every fan base has reasonable fans.
Thing is 95% of people in here only read that crap you are referring to, skip over and forget any sensible comments from level-headed Pats fans. I'm not complaining, surely as a bunch we've earned our rep as blind, obnoxious homers. To be honest with you, I find it amusing and have lots of fun in here. Go Pats!

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we think and what we know are two separate things, which you seem to have a hard time distinguishing. But I do find it ironic that you're so upset about people jumping to conclusions on Brady, while you're assuming the worst case for Manning.

I've just seen this movie before with Roger Clemens(and Andy Pettitte to a lesser extent). I used to believe in guys like Clemens and Arod and Lance Armstrong etc... I used to believe their denials. But I know better now. We know these guys have access to drugs that can make them drastically better, stronger, faster, heal quicker etc... The NFL wasn't testing for HGH back then. The multiple neck surgeries. The unbelievable seasons after he came back. Hiring a crisis manager. Blaming it on the wife. It's just the perfect storm of circumstances.

I guess I'm surprised at how bulletproof Manning is. Nobody wanted to report on this shit even with the 2nd Al Jazeera source confirmed the story. Of course there is the fan in all of us that wants to defend "our guys". That's definitely part of it. But please don't act like you wouldn't be saying the same shit if Tom Brady had HGH sent to his house. I was here for Deflategate and EVERYONE assumed the worst for them. For Manning, everyone just assumes the best. I'm not sure why.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too think Chappee's going a tad overboard but this does work both ways. Manning fans are calling bullshit on jumping to conclusions when that's exactly what they did with Brady.

Maybe a tad overboard, but it made me sick to see ESPN summarily bury this story after what they made Deflategate into. I don't want the narrative to change to "who cares if Peyton used HGH?". I want the focus to stay on the integrity of the game and the numbers Manning produced after coming back. He was otherworldly. At age 37. After 4 neck surgeries.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously not, or I wouldn't have said that. I'll have to amend my statement to: If the story in Broncos' circles(NOT Colorado) is "Peyton Manning put Al Jazeera out of business" you need to step in and educate folks.

I live in Denver, Colorado AND I talk in Broncos circles and I've never heard anyone say that PFM put Al Jazeera out of business. Now there might be a major story breaking that has to do with a new recreational outlet opening, destructive new bugs wreaking havoc on the cannabis crops or "name the new strain of gonja" contest but that's about as crazy as it gets around here.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Denver, Colorado AND I talk in Broncos circles and I've never heard anyone say that PFM put Al Jazeera out of business. Now there might be a major story breaking that has to do with a new recreational outlet opening, destructive new bugs wreaking havoc on the cannabis crops or "name the new strain of gonja" contest but that's about as crazy as it gets around here.

Ok. Thank you for clearing this up. I have no idea where CDumler got that idea then.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've just seen this movie before with Roger Clemens(and Andy Pettitte to a lesser extent). I used to believe in guys like Clemens and Arod and Lance Armstrong etc... I used to believe their denials. But I know better now. We know these guys have access to drugs that can make them drastically better, stronger, faster, heal quicker etc... The NFL wasn't testing for HGH back then. The multiple neck surgeries. The unbelievable seasons after he came back. Hiring a crisis manager. Blaming it on the wife. It's just the perfect storm of circumstances.

I guess I'm surprised at how bulletproof Manning is. Nobody wanted to report on this shit even with the 2nd Al Jazeera source confirmed the story. Of course there is the fan in all of us that wants to defend "our guys". That's definitely part of it. But please don't act like you wouldn't be saying the same shit if Tom Brady had HGH sent to his house. I was here for Deflategate and EVERYONE assumed the worst for them. For Manning, everyone just assumes the best. I'm not sure why.
Do you even bother reading what I write? I've said multiple times that I think Manning probably did use HGH. The point you seem to be missing is that we don't know that for a fact. And in this post, you go back to the same "Manning had HGH sent to his house" well. But we don't know that to be true. We know something was sent to his house, and it could have been HGH, but it also could have been something else. So stop acting like we know something that we don't.

I don't know why it would surprise you that Manning is bulletproof. Dude has basically been squeaky clean his entire career. Guys like that tend to get the benefit of the doubt. And like it or not, the Patriots reputation is a big reason why everyone is much quicker to rush to judge them. I'd wager that if Deflategate was the first incident to happen to Brady, most everyone would have called bs on it. But when you've got a history of pushing the rules (or flat out breaking them), you aren't as likely to get the benefit of the doubt.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Thank you for clearing this up. I have no idea where CDumler got that idea then.

Maybe reading comprehension should be on your new years resolution then for this upcoming year. Never said that the report on Manning was the only reason it was shut down. I said it was a small part in a very large picture of things that this media outlet had done wrong in their time here in the United States.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe reading comprehension should be on your new years resolution then for this upcoming year. Never said that the report on Manning was the only reason it was shut down. I said it was a small part in a very large picture of things that this media outlet had done wrong in their time here in the United States.

Wait! Didn't you write this:

"So Al Jazeera America has now shut down. Hmmm seems like the mounting lawsuits and threats of lawsuits made them realize their story wasn't going to end well for them."

And this:

"Well let's see...They have been operating in the United States since 2012 if I remember right. They release their biggest story so far in the time they have been in operation and all of a sudden people start questioning their sources and those named in the report are threatening to sue and all of a sudden they shut down...Hmmm yeah complete coincidence that this happened."

Reality is that Peyton Manning had NOTHING to do with this and the investigative unit that investigated Manning will remain open. I don't see anywhere where you said it was a "small part" of the story. In fact, your quotes show just the opposite.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even bother reading what I write? I've said multiple times that I think Manning probably did use HGH. The point you seem to be missing is that we don't know that for a fact. And in this post, you go back to the same "Manning had HGH sent to his house" well. But we don't know that to be true. We know something was sent to his house, and it could have been HGH, but it also could have been something else. So stop acting like we know something that we don't.

I don't know why it would surprise you that Manning is bulletproof. Dude has basically been squeaky clean his entire career. Guys like that tend to get the benefit of the doubt. And like it or not, the Patriots reputation is a big reason why everyone is much quicker to rush to judge them. I'd wager that if Deflategate was the first incident to happen to Brady, most everyone would have called bs on it. But when you've got a history of pushing the rules (or flat out breaking them), you aren't as likely to get the benefit of the doubt.

We are going in circles here. You keep saying I have no proof HGH was sent and I keep saying they would just deny it if it weren't true. So innocent people hire "crisis managers"? Maybe so. I guess we will have to see how this story develops...assuming anyone in the media is interested in finding out the truth here.

I don't disagree with the 2nd part of your post about the Pats' history, but none of that involved Brady. And Brady is every bit as valuable to the NFL as Manning with endorsements and brand recognition. Tearing down(or trying to) the marquee face of your sport would appear to be bad business, but nothing seems to ever slow the NFL down.