• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Derrick Rose stays healthy

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the entire year and returns close to his old form (and that's a big if)... then I'm picking the Chicago Bulls to win it all this year. Adding McDermott will help spread the floor and with Gasol's passing ability it's going to really open up that offense.

We all know Thibs will get them to play D, but now that they have a good offense, it's scary.

Plus, they have the deepest frontcourt in the league. Taj and Nikola off the bench is pretty damn good.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the entire year and returns close to his old form (and that's a big if)... then I'm picking the Chicago Bulls to win it all this year. Adding McDermott will help spread the floor and with Gasol's passing ability it's going to really open up that offense.

We all know Thibs will get them to play D, but now that they have a good offense, it's scary.

Plus, they have the deepest frontcourt in the league. Taj and Nikola off the bench is pretty damn good.

I don't think they will even win their division. They have no one to even slow down LeBron. And LeBron has shown that he can shut down Rose. Pau is getting a little long in the tooth to have the impact that you seem to expect and doesn't have the quickness to match Love.

It will be a fun battle to watch, I think it will be a close matchup, but I think the Bulls will come up short when facing the Cavs (my god it hurts to write that).

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they will even win their division. They have no one to even slow down LeBron. And LeBron has shown that he can shut down Rose. Pau is getting a little long in the tooth to have the impact that you seem to expect and doesn't have the quickness to match Love.

It will be a fun battle to watch, I think it will be a close matchup, but I think the Bulls will come up short when facing the Cavs (my god it hurts to write that).

Haha, I completely disagree. Jimmy Butler is a very solid defender and can at least slow LeBron down. He won't shut him down, but with the team defense they have in place I think they can contain him better than any team in the league.

Noah will lock down any big on the Cavs and if Bron decides to guard Rose then Rose can become a distributor with shooters like McDermott, Butler and Mirotic spreading the floor. I just think Chicago has the more balanced roster overall and they matchup well with the Cavs. Gibson is the best backup big in the NBA, imo. He can stretch out and guard Love as well.

IF Cleveland makes it that far. Watch out for ATL... that team is on the rise as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disagree. The reason that Lebron on Rose worked before was because Rose was the only offensive threat that the Bulls had. As Sting points out, if Lebron covers Rose he becomes a distributor and this time, he actually has a couple of guys who can score.

Pau is definitely closer to the end of his career than the beginning, but his game, like Tim Duncan's, is the type that allows him to still be effective.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhh jimmy butler? Also lebrons defense declined last year

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of questions, but none about the Bulls D. What offense do they have, Rose, they added Gasol. Mirotic and McDermont can help for sure, but haven't played a single game.

They will be a damn good team if healthy, but too many questions at this point.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a big if...........................

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm, Did you say If they stay healthy? :lol::pound:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Butler does an ok job against LBJ.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler does an ok job against LBJ.

Okay, Okay, I know Butler does an okay job; it was hyperbole, and I still think the match up with Deng was better.

Still doesn't change my opinion; if both are healthy I will still pick the Cavs over the Bulls (for second in the division behind the Pistons, of course:yahoo::suds:).

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all: Derek Rose will never stay healthy - although I thought that about Jason Kidd and he turned it around for the final few years of his career. Still though - Rose is already having to play it safe for Team USA and scared of injury - so do the math -

10G FIBER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding Shaun Marion makes Cleveland's defense really good. With him and LeBron on the court, not many easy buckets, that's for sure.