• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If 'Bronbron had played in the 80's...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we discussing whether Lebron was stronger than Jordan now? Of course he was - he's a forward, Jordan was a guard.

But in the 80s and 90s most forwards were bulked up, compared to the guys now. Even lower-tier forwards like Anthony Mason would make Lebron feel it. He'd stand no chance against Malone or Barkley!

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such a dumb argument

Players now are like double the size of players in the 80's

They had a stat that the avg nba players is 30 pounds heavier than players in the 80's...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such a dumb argument

Players now are like double the size of players in the 80's

They had a stat that the avg nba players is 30 pounds heavier than players in the 80's...

Really? Double the size? lol

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So from your previous posts you agree that this era has been easier for perimeter players compared to the 80s/90s....but your putting an exception to that for Lebron? You actually think its the opposite for him? You also think the 80s/90s were all 1v1 iso happening every possession? You dont think there were help defense?

Yes, what's so hard to understand about that? The two sentiments aren't exclusive to each other. We're talking about Lebron, not an entire group of players. Stop making broad assumptions and things would clear up a lot more. Today's rules benefit perimeter players as a whole. But there are some players that would excel in either and Lebron is one of them. He's such a unique player. It isn't like we're talking about James Harden.

With the bolded stuff, again, stop making assumptions. I never said its one on one every play. But it is more one on one oriented. Help defense had to be a hard double. You could not linger off your man more than a couple of feet. You couldn't sprint off your man to help and sprint back, etc. You couldn't totally abandon your man ala Andrew Bogut on Tony Allen in the WC Semis to just free roam the paint. All of that is illegal defense. Lebron passes a lot when he sees that stuff now because he's looks for the best basketball play. Rather than shoot with 2 or 3 guys flashing towards him, he'll find the open guy. He's not going to see those flashes under old rules. The more advantageous play would be for him to score. And since he's skilled enough to get his shot anyway he wants, that's why I think his scoring would actually go up.

mysticO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, what's so hard to understand about that? The two sentiments aren't exclusive to each other. We're talking about Lebron, not an entire group of players. Stop making broad assumptions and things would clear up a lot more. Today's rules benefit perimeter players as a whole. But there are some players that would excel in either and Lebron is one of them. He's such a unique player. It isn't like we're talking about James Harden.

With the bolded stuff, again, stop making assumptions. I never said its one on one every play. But it is more one on one oriented. Help defense had to be a hard double. You could not linger off your man more than a couple of feet. You couldn't sprint off your man to help and sprint back, etc. You couldn't totally abandon your man ala Andrew Bogut on Tony Allen in the WC Semis to just free roam the paint. All of that is illegal defense. Lebron passes a lot when he sees that stuff now because he's looks for the best basketball play. Rather than shoot with 2 or 3 guys flashing towards him, he'll find the open guy. He's not going to see those flashes under old rules. The more advantageous play would be for him to score. And since he's skilled enough to get his shot anyway he wants, that's why I think his scoring would actually go up.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. 2 feet?? Did you just start watching last year?

Just watch this...you might learn something

mysticO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really have no idea what you are talking about. 2 feet?? Did you just start watching last year?

Just incase you think this was a one off...here are more

Jordan vs Knicks

Jordan vs Sonics

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we discussing whether Lebron was stronger than Jordan now? Of course he was - he's a forward, Jordan was a guard.

But in the 80s and 90s most forwards were bulked up, compared to the guys now. Even lower-tier forwards like Anthony Mason would make Lebron feel it. He'd stand no chance against Malone or Barkley!

Mason and Xavier McDaniel would have done a great job of defending James.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double the size would mean a 200 pounder would be 400 pounds nowadays. Check and see how many 400 pounders play in the NBA. I'll wait.

:L

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebon in the 80's NBA. If he would have played back then he certainly would have not been called the king :pound:

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where would he have ended up?

I'm putting him solidly in between Xavier McDaniel and Dominique.

Slightly better than X-man but not nearly as good as 'Nique.

Opinions?

PS - Yes, I think he could have eclipsed Thurl Bailey.

I dont know about Lehbro, but his mom wouldve ended up on Magic Johnson.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have been flopping like Danny Glover every time Laimbeer got within 6 feet of him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congratulations. You got me by singling out the use of the word "couple". If only I said "few"

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,968.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Cooper would have D'ed up James also. James would be cramping up against Coop.