• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The long football nightmare began and ends with Seattle!!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It (your OP) was a nice thought, Sty, but not even you can still be on the Haskins bandwagon after that abortion of a performance. If by some insane chance that you are though. Jump off now, brah. Cuz that bad boy is on fire, the brakes went out and there's a bottomless drop just up ahead.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have those wishful thoughts. I was hoping Haskins would prove me wrong but unfortunately I was finally right, along with many others on here. Haskins just aint got what it takes to be a starting QB in this league. Will be curious also if Sty, whose opinions I respect, still believes Haskins could lead this team to victory next week and beyond after today.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well what can be done with DHC ? you would have to sit him , he would have to gain maturity , he would need a real off season , he would need a HC who believes in him , and a fan base that supports him .

everything was wrong with the pick , first the owner made the call and not the pro's , the coach he got didnt support him from day 1 , got fired and we got another coach who didnt do much to develop him . then we got another coach

now add an immature guy to start out with with selfies, then he became entitled that then progresses to strippers and finally he fails in the biggest opportunity he could have to redeem himself and you see he is heading to bustdom

i also saw a broken man in his last interview . maybe that helps him as a BU for the montreal alouettes

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for Haskins, I really do. He has never had to handle adversity like this before and has no idea how to deal with it. its not his fault he was picked where he was. He should have never been a 1st round pick. his minimal experience alone should have been a red flag.
so haw many 1st round picks has Dan now spent on failed QBs?

who was it on here that was touting that test that predicted Haskins would fail? @tomcat1?

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for Haskins, I really do. He has never had to handle adversity like this before and has no idea how to deal with it. its not his fault he was picked where he was. He should have never been a 1st round pick. his minimal experience alone should have been a red flag.

who was it on here that was touting that test that predicted Haskins would fail? @tomcat1?
I wish they would do away with the wonderlic. Peyton Manning had a 28 while Kyle Murray scores a 20 and Patrick Mahommes with 24 appears to be a notch down of smartness from our very own DH at 25. So ill repeat,,, wish they would do away with the wonderlic. The only thing that looks dumb after this test is...well.. the test itself.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes he did

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomcat1 had an interesting thread that had to do with some other test that was a more accurate predictor of qb success in the nfl than the wonderlic.

I’d love to see that thread again, specifically a list of the qbs who were predicted to be successful according to that test.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomcat1 had an interesting thread that had to do with some other test that was a more accurate predictor of qb success in the nfl than the wonderlic.

I’d love to see that thread again, specifically a list of the qbs who were predicted to be successful according to that test.
He can bump it so I can eat more crow

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think that was @tlance

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Snyder himself, 2 QBs, Griffin and Haskins. Unless you want to count McNabb as well, but he didn't cost a 1st rd pk. It was a 2nd rd pk 37th pk that same year and a 3rd or a 4th depending on what McNabb did with the Skins the next year.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think I ever said Haskins would fail but like several others here I saw early signs in him that indicated he was not ready for the bright lights on the big stage of the NFL. Several teams who drafted before us needed a QB just as much as we did and I wonder to this day why he stayed on the board until we took the bait with the 15th pick. What did these teams know that we didn't know? The simple answer is probably they didn't have a guy named Snyder making their picks, I don't know. While Haskins was playing I cheered just as hard for him as I cheer for all of our players because I've always been a team guy and this is a team sport. It just wasn't meant to be for us.

By the way, you mentioned in one of your posts recently that you thought we might be able to trade Haskins for a bologna sandwich. Do you still believe that?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish they would do away with the wonderlic. Peyton Manning had a 28 while Kyle Murray scores a 20 and Patrick Mahommes with 24 appears to be a notch down of smartness from our very own DH at 25. So ill repeat,,, wish they would do away with the wonderlic. The only thing that looks dumb after this test is...well.. the test itself.

All I can tell you is the wonderlic test has been right many more times than it has been wrong but with that said it's only a test just like many other tests that SMART GMs use to evaluate potential players so what does this tell us about our brains in our front office when we drafted Haskins?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure which other test you are referring to or where I posted it but maybe dad can find it. Just as a hobby I'm always pushing a pencil doing various tests on potential players with a pretty good success rate but unfortunately for me no GMs have contacted me and offered to put me on their payroll for my services. You can call me Tom but please don't call me Bruce.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might not have been you then. Somebody posted something like that.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can bump it so I can eat more crow

There is not one poster here who has not dieted on crow from time to time. In fact, I might be ordering crow again in a week from now because I said just a few short weeks ago "There is no way in hell the Cowboys will win the NFC East" and right now they are the hottest team in the NFC East with a good chance to win it.

I just overhead RR speaking to his team in the locker room saying "Guys, Dad said we would only win 3 games this season and we have doubled that so let's win at least a 7th game so we can feed him more crow." My answer to that is at least you had the balls to predict our win total and I didn't. From day one this season I couldn't get a read on our team as to whether we would win zero games or 10 games so I just kept my mouth shut since I didn't want to order anymore crow for awhile.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was tlance, he predicted based on the knowledge he had about the test, Haskin's would be a colossal bust. So far he is right on.
Yes it was, and now I’m a true believer in this test. @tlance actually showed proof of this tests results. I don’t won’t to draft another qb who hasn’t aced this test.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was, and now I’m a true believer in this test. @tlance actually showed proof of this tests results. I don’t won’t to draft another qb who hasn’t aced this test.

I've got a feeling that Trevor Lawrence will do pretty well on this test and he is a happy camper today since he is a southern boy who wants to play in a warm climate and the Jaguars have clinched the number one pick.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It (your OP) was a nice thought, Sty, but not even you can still be on the Haskins bandwagon after that abortion of a performance. If by some insane chance that you are though. Jump off now, brah. Cuz that bad boy is on fire, the brakes went out and there's a bottomless drop just up ahead.
I don't frequent this site as I once did and after another short time away, I was greeted by the overwhelming stench of negativity on this board about the guy.
He's now, no longer a member of the team, but at the time, I wanted to inject some hopefulness where there seemed to be none. @Caliskinsfan has a thread designed for that purpose, but as I explained, it just didn't seem fair to use that platform alone.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder himself, 2 QBs, Griffin and Haskins. Unless you want to count McNabb as well, but he didn't cost a 1st rd pk. It was a 2nd rd pk 37th pk that same year and a 3rd or a 4th depending on what McNabb did with the Skins the next year.
Yeah, but RG3 was multiple firsts. Was Ramsey part of the Snyder era? I forget.