• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The long football nightmare began and ends with Seattle!!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I ever said Haskins would fail but like several others here I saw early signs in him that indicated he was not ready for the bright lights on the big stage of the NFL. Several teams who drafted before us needed a QB just as much as we did and I wonder to this day why he stayed on the board until we took the bait with the 15th pick. What did these teams know that we didn't know? The simple answer is probably they didn't have a guy named Snyder making their picks, I don't know. While Haskins was playing I cheered just as hard for him as I cheer for all of our players because I've always been a team guy and this is a team sport. It just wasn't meant to be for us.

By the way, you mentioned in one of your posts recently that you thought we might be able to trade Haskins for a bologna sandwich. Do you still believe that?
Nope. Not even a grilled cheese, apparently.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but RG3 was multiple firsts. Was Ramsey part of the Snyder era? I forget.

Yep, but that was a Spurrier deal after some failed attempts to make a trade for Joey Harrington.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't frequent this site as I once did and after another short time away, I was greeted by the overwhelming stench of negativity on this board about the guy.
He's now, no longer a member of the team, but at the time, I wanted to inject some hopefulness where there seemed to be none. @Caliskinsfan has a thread designed for that purpose, but as I explained, it just didn't seem fair to use that platform alone.
The overall stench was warranted. Sorry, but I feel it was. This guy had a golden opportunity to lead a team, and failed. Few other opportunities to prove himself worthy, and failed... on and off the field. I kinda dont even care about his off field blunders... young kid not mature with money.. shit gonna happen. Its his on field play that I care most about, and It sucked.

Cheered like fuck for him, was hoping he would be another Prescott and took off... just didnt happen for him. The last 5 weeks we were all pretty up beat around here. You see it just doesnt matter who the quarterback is. The fan dont care who it is. The fan doesnt see colors. The fan only wants to win.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The overall stench was warranted. Sorry, but I feel it was. This guy had a golden opportunity to lead a team, and failed. Few other opportunities to prove himself worthy, and failed... on and off the field. I kinda dont even care about his off field blunders... young kid not mature with money.. shit gonna happen. Its his on field play that I care most about, and It sucked.

Cheered like fuck for him, was hoping he would be another Prescott and took off... just didnt happen for him. The last 5 weeks we were all pretty up beat around here. You see it just doesnt matter who the quarterback is. The fan dont care who it is. The fan doesnt see colors. The fan only wants to win.
If one throws shit on top of an already putrid pile of shit, does it stink more or less? In other words, wasn't that stench present long before Haskins was born? I agree, he didn't make the funk better, but worse? Naw, I can't agree with that. @dad insists that he was the biggest supporter of Dwayne, that's debatable considering my posts about him.
I agree with everything else that you posted about his having an golden opportunity here, but how does that work when they draft a guy who by popular consent wasn't ready or as the experts put it "needed time to develop" and wasn't given time or program to do that?

Hoping that this player would "take off like Prescott" is nice and all of that, but what comparison to Prescott were you using to hold such a perspective? College career? Drafted to be a backup on a team that at the time had THE best offensive line in the game? Perhaps it was plain hope that 4 seasons against SEC competition had an equal in 1 year in the Big 10. Dude was a project, throwing him into a situation unprepared, sucks, and this is the part where we agree, ready or not,he failed.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one throws shit on top of an already putrid pile of shit, does it stink more or less? In other words, wasn't that stench present long before Haskins was born? I agree, he didn't make the funk better, but worse? Naw, I can't agree with that. @dad insists that he was the biggest supporter of Dwayne, that's debatable considering my posts about him.
I agree with everything else that you posted about his having an golden opportunity here, but how does that work when they draft a guy who by popular consent wasn't ready or as the experts put it "needed time to develop" and wasn't given time or program to do that?

Hoping that this player would "take off like Prescott" is nice and all of that, but what comparison to Prescott were you using to hold such a perspective? College career? Drafted to be a backup on a team that at the time had THE best offensive line in the game? Perhaps it was plain hope that 4 seasons against SEC competition had an equal in 1 year in the Big 10. Dude was a project, throwing him into a situation unprepared, sucks, and this is the part where we agree, ready or not,he failed.
Well sty you have been gone LOL

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it that he beat out Joe Burrow so he was better. :noidea: :scratch:

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"If one throws shit on top of an already putrid pile of shit, does it stink more or less? Answer- Depends on if the shit that was already present had dried up considerably over time. So here we go again with the racism crap. Sty, I will agree with you on this. Racism does exist, It exist with every color, but in sports I don't believe that it exist that much. The fan just like owners and coaches want to win,,,we don't care who leads us... in fact Snyder may have given more black QB's opportunities than any other owner in his time span of being an owner on a team berated as being the most racist team out there among the other 31. Tony Banks, Campbell, McNabb, Griffin and Haskins. Point is Haskins didn't make it here wasn't the result of anybody not liking him as a person or systemic racism before or after he was born,,, just turns out that he wasn't suited to be a starting QB in the NFL... and that is all.

Listen, Haskins may get picked up by another team and with better coaching and more learning and maturity just may become a great journey man type QB. I was hoping he was another, not so much Prescott per say, but anyone of these QB's that get the nod regardless of situation and shines and gives hope. I don't follow college all that much but apparently Haskins shined in his time at QB. He threw 50 or so TDs in his one year as starter there at Ohio State and was a finalist for the Heisman and I think some other award. Snyder saw potential greatness in the young man as we all did on here, save a couple. Perhaps we didn't handle him the best but despite all that when he played he never showed (in my opinion) any inclination of greatness and I believe he should have considering how good he was in college despite the conference or the school. Was always slow on his feet. Held the ball to long and other things. He was given a chance and showed nothing at all. Washington needs to be better at evaluating QB's in the future and have a better plan in place than just tossing someone in at that position in particular... I will agree with you there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If one throws shit on top of an already putrid pile of shit, does it stink more or less? Answer- Depends on if the shit that was already present had dried up considerably over time. So here we go again with the racism crap. Sty, I will agree with you on this. Racism does exist, It exist with every color, but in sports I don't believe that it exist that much. The fan just like owners and coaches want to win,,,we don't care who leads us... in fact Snyder may have given more black QB's opportunities than any other owner in his time span of being an owner on a team berated as being the most racist team out there among the other 31. Tony Banks, Campbell, McNabb, Griffin and Haskins. Point is Haskins didn't make it here wasn't the result of anybody not liking him as a person or systemic racism before or after he was born,,, just turns out that he wasn't suited to be a starting QB in the NFL... and that is all.

Listen, Haskins may get picked up by another team and with better coaching and more learning and maturity just may become a great journey man type QB. I was hoping he was another, not so much Prescott per say, but anyone of these QB's that get the nod regardless of situation and shines and gives hope. I don't follow college all that much but apparently Haskins shined in his time at QB. He threw 50 or so TDs in his one year as starter there at Ohio State and was a finalist for the Heisman and I think some other award. Snyder saw potential greatness in the young man as we all did on here, save a couple. Perhaps we didn't handle him the best but despite all that when he played he never showed (in my opinion) any inclination of greatness and I believe he should have considering how good he was in college despite the conference or the school. Was always slow on his feet. Held the ball to long and other things. He was given a chance and showed nothing at all. Washington needs to be better at evaluating QB's in the future and have a better plan in place than just tossing someone in at that position in particular... I will agree with you there.
During Dwayne Haskins’ magical 2018 season at Ohio State – a season in which he completed 70 percent of his passes, threw 50 touchdowns against just 8 interceptions, and posted an outstanding 9.1 yards per attempt – he had the following teammates:

In the backfield, he had JK Dobbins and Mike Weber. His three starting wide receivers were Parris Campbell, Austin Mack, and Terry McLaurin. K.J. Hill was the primary backup. Guess what they have in common? All of them are currently on an NFL roster.

They are not all-stars. Weber is up and down between the practice squad and the Packers’ active roster. Hill is mostly riding the bench for the Chargers. On the other hand, Dobbins and McLaurin are emerging superstars. But the point is that all are professional-caliber players. That’s six skill position guys surrounding Haskins during his 2018 season.

And even more importantly, his entire starting offensive line was professional-caliber as well. Only one, Bengals guard Michael Jordan, is currently starting in the NFL. Another, Demetrius Knox was waived by Seattle after sustaining a serious knee injury during his rookie year. Two of them, Malcolm Pridgeon and Isaiah Prince are opting out of the current season due to COVID concerns.

The fifth starter, tackle Thayer Munford, is still in school. I have seen him projected to be selected somewhere between the second and fourth rounds of the 2021 draft.

That offensive line had enough talent so that when Knox was injured toward the end of the 2018 season, he was replaced by (at the time) freshman Wyatt Davis. Davis is currently projected by many scouts to be the top guard chosen in the 2021 draft.

So in addition to the six professional-caliber skill players surrounding Haskins, he also had six professional-caliber lineman keeping him clean in the pocket.
Now 2 questions arise from this . 1st ) was DHC the primary driver of this or was he just driving the bus ? from what we saw as a pro he was driving the bus so snyder screwed the assessment up 2nd ) can you give him the time to mature and grow ? at 15 the answer is no . i agree with sty that qbs should sit and learn for a year . but costs prohibit that unless you have a chiefs situation . we were a losing team with a coach needing to make a statement . . a guy like DHC needs to be a 2nd round pick or later when the pressure to produce isnt so great

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF are you talking about?

The word "putrid" should have clued you in to knowing that the shit pile wasn't "dried out" as you repurposed my point. Again, WTF are you talking about when you speak of "racism" in what I wrote directly or by inference? I get it you want to put your spin on what's actually written then respond to that which serves your purpose. Good luck with that, I'll not participate in this sort of chicanery.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we just all agree (as we seem to) he needed time and patience with a competent organization which he was never going to get here when he was drafted and move on? talk about beating a dead horse to death

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you talking about?

The word "putrid" should have clued you in to knowing that the shit pile wasn't "dried out" as you repurposed my point. Again, WTF are you talking about when you speak of "racism" in what I wrote directly or by inference? I get it you want to put your spin on what's actually written then respond to that which serves your purpose. Good luck with that, I'll not participate in this sort of chicanery.
Then WTF stench are you exactly talking about Sty? Before he was born? WTF does that even mean. IMO it means something that has taking place before DH was even born that caused him to fail here in Washington. Forgive me if I read you wrong, sincerely, but you didn't make it very clear as to what you were even talking about to be quite honest. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then WTF stench are you exactly talking about Sty? Before he was born? WTF does that even mean. IMO it means something that has taking place before DH was even born that caused him to fail here in Washington. Forgive me if I read you wrong, sincerely, but you didn't make it very clear as to what you were even talking about to be quite honest. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
fair enough

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No feathers ruffled here, it was my mistake and as such, I'll explain what each part meant.

In post #43 you wrote, "The overall stench was warranted. Sorry, but I feel it was." as used I was agreeing with you with respect to Haskins. On top of that I added the "putrid pile of shit" that has been this organization's status (before Haskins was born) Add the "stench" that YOU labeled him on top of the existing "putrid pile of shit" led to the question..."Does it stink more or less?"

In practical terms, Haskins was a known project, that everyone in the organization (Bill Callahan excepted**) treated as a typical 15th overall pick. He was not ready to play NFL level football, no matter what his physical talents were. I don't really care who insisted upon drafting him, he was drafted here and as such, knowing what you have and handling that project appropriately was the thing to do. Another way to put it is Washington didn't know what they had and treated him as if he was something else. The result ONLY came as a surprise to those who believed that all top half, first round QB picks are the same in terms of being ready to play.

Washington (Desperate, impatient, "putrid pile of shit")

+

Haskins ( "shit" status because he wasn't ready)

I hope that it's a bit more clear now!

**Haskins actually showed improvement under Callahan.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No feathers ruffled here, it was my mistake and as such, I'll explain what each part meant.

In post #43 you wrote, "The overall stench was warranted. Sorry, but I feel it was." as used I was agreeing with you with respect to Haskins. On top of that I added the "putrid pile of shit" that has been this organization's status (before Haskins was born) Add the "stench" that YOU labeled him on top of the existing "putrid pile of shit" led to the question..."Does it stink more or less?"

In practical terms, Haskins was a known project, that everyone in the organization (Bill Callahan excepted**) treated as a typical 15th overall pick. He was not ready to play NFL level football, no matter what his physical talents were. I don't really care who insisted upon drafting him, he was drafted here and as such, knowing what you have and handling that project appropriately was the thing to do. Another way to put it is Washington didn't know what they had and treated him as if he was something else. The result ONLY came as a surprise to those who believed that all top half, first round QB picks are the same in terms of being ready to play.

Washington (Desperate, impatient, "putrid pile of shit")

+

Haskins ( "shit" status because he wasn't ready)

I hope that it's a bit more clear now!

**Haskins actually showed improvement under Callahan.
Thanks for the clear up. The trouble sometimes with messages is that the reader doesn't feel the same emotion that the writer pours in. During our political debates I remember how passionate you were on certain subjects which I respected and even miss to be honest, and simply thought you were reflecting back to a known issue that I felt wasn't warranted in the case with Haskins... so I apologize for getting all uptight again. Just want this f'ing organization to succeed and I don't care if Bubba DeLeroy Santiago Chin from India is the QB who makes it all happen. Just win baby.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the clear up. The trouble sometimes with messages is that the reader doesn't feel the same emotion that the writer pours in. During our political debates I remember how passionate you were on certain subjects which I respected and even miss to be honest, and simply thought you were reflecting back to a known issue that I felt wasn't warranted in the case with Haskins... so I apologize for getting all uptight again. Just want this f'ing organization to succeed and I don't care if Bubba DeLeroy Santiago Chin from India is the QB who makes it all happen. Just win baby.
I agree... winning has been absent from this organization for far too long. To me, it all starts with having smart people running the show. Not just football smarts, but talent smart as well. Both are still lacking within this organization. Sure it appears as if things are settling down with Rivera in charge, but there's still no evidence that anyone there has the patience and fortitude to use it towards developing talent. I have no doubt that there's going to be another QB selected in the upcoming draft. We will see if they are still in wasting talent mode or willing to give that young man time to become NFL ready.

Again, sorry for the confusion.