• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The long football nightmare began and ends with Seattle!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greetings and Happy Holidays to all of you!!

While thinking about and reflecting upon the horrors that the year 2020 will be infamously known for, I want to gift to this board a bit of hopeful optimism, in spite of it all. Originally, I thought to place this in @Caliskinsfan's "Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can’t Lose... the ‘Optimistic/Non Poop’ Skins Thread" but, regifting just didn't seem appropriate for you guys.

Eight years ago at the end of the 2012-2013 Seattle came to visit and play as the wildcard participant against our NFCE champion team. Let's not skip past a possible repeat this year as we note other similarities associated with these two franchises, then and now. In search of their own franchise QB, in 2012, Wilson led the Hawks to the playoff and a 24-14 win against our guys. For Seattle, that season began their, thus far, eight year playoff run and two SB appearances. During that time, Washington fell into various states of disjointed fits and starts in search for consistency as an organization and at its QB position.

He's been an inconsistent, self-centered dumbass, on and off of the field, and I won't argue with anyone who not only holds that viewpoint, but insists that it's time to part ways with him going forward. I just happen to disagree with that perspective and here's why.

There are still games to be played and opportunities to put Ron Rivera in to a pretty good place, in deciding between, growing pains associated with his knuckleheaded QB's penchant to be, well, a knucklehead and what I believe he's about to see on the field. What happens if Dwayne balls out in these next few games? It's still possible that Alex Smith won't be ready to go, and even if he is, Haskins being the hot hand will give Rivera pause to change that heading into that likely playoff game against Seattle. I believe that it will play out this way and that Washington gets that playoff win with Dwayne Haskins leading the way. Perhaps for some here, that won't be enough to assuage locked-in notions on what to do with this young man or his abilities, but as Miss Jackson once sang, this is a "what have you done for me lately" league. Winning games, especially in the playoffs, is an awfully powerful salve that covers a lot of blemishes. That said, I predict that Washington wins against Carolina, Dwayne will turn in stellar performances in that one and the next, then, go on to win that playoff game, initiating a similar playoff/ SB run that began for Seattle eight years ago. Merry Christmas everyone!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas to you too Sty who I am happy to call my friend!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While thinking about and reflecting upon the horrors that the year 2020 will be infamously known for, I want to gift to this board a bit of hopeful optimism, in spite of it all. Originally, I thought to place this in @Caliskinsfan's "Clear Eyes, Full Heart, Can’t Lose... the ‘Optimistic/Non Poop’ Skins Thread" but, regifting just didn't seem appropriate for you guys.

Eight years ago at the end of the 2012-2013 Seattle came to visit and play as the wildcard participant against our NFCE champion team. Let's not skip past a possible repeat this year as we note other similarities associated with these two franchises, then and now. In search of their own franchise QB, in 2012, Wilson led the Hawks to the playoff and a 24-14 win against our guys. For Seattle, that season began their, thus far, eight year playoff run and two SB appearances. During that time, Washington fell into various states of disjointed fits and starts in search for consistency as an organization and at its QB position.

He's been an inconsistent, self-centered dumbass, on and off of the field, and I won't argue with anyone who not only holds that viewpoint, but insists that it's time to part ways with him going forward. I just happen to disagree with that perspective and here's why.

There are still games to be played and opportunities to put Ron Rivera in to a pretty good place, in deciding between, growing pains associated with his knuckleheaded QB's penchant to be, well, a knucklehead and what I believe he's about to see on the field. What happens if Dwayne balls out in these next few games? It's still possible that Alex Smith won't be ready to go, and even if he is, Haskins being the hot hand will give Rivera pause to change that heading into that likely playoff game against Seattle. I believe that it will play out this way and that Washington gets that playoff win with Dwayne Haskins leading the way. Perhaps for some here, that won't be enough to assuage locked-in notions on what to do with this young man or his abilities, but as Miss Jackson once sang, this is a "what have you done for me lately" league. Winning games, especially in the playoffs, is an awfully powerful salve that covers a lot of blemishes. That said, I predict that Washington wins against Carolina, Dwayne will turn in stellar performances in that one and the next, then, go on to win that playoff game, initiating a similar playoff/ SB run that began for Seattle eight years ago. Merry Christmas everyone!
Winning cures all ills. If Haskins can get the start and he plays lights out, he will probably get another shot the following week. So on and so forth.

Where you and I differ is if DH can play light out or not. Honestly, as much as it would help this team if he would emerge as a longtime quality starter we all hoped for, I just havent seen the growth I would expect from him, on and off the field. Maybe we all need to step back and realize that Dwayne is a 21 year old knucklehead, probably not much different than you or I at that age. As he matures, he may turn into a quality player. The problem is that, in today’s NFL, you can’t spend years developing players because onece you finally do, they‘re at the end of their rookie deals and become FAs.
So this is DHs last chance here. He needs to be better than ok, he needs to show what he can really be. Otherwise Rivera will most likely jettison him this offseason. Unfortunately I’ve come to the belief that he is not capable of this level of play at this time. I hope I’m wrong.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning cures all ills. If Haskins can get the start and he plays lights out, he will probably get another shot the following week. So on and so forth.

Where you and I differ is if DH can play light out or not. Honestly, as much as it would help this team if he would emerge as a longtime quality starter we all hoped for, I just havent seen the growth I would expect from him, on and off the field. Maybe we all need to step back and realize that Dwayne is a 21 year old knucklehead, probably not much different than you or I at that age. As he matures, he may turn into a quality player. The problem is that, in today’s NFL, you can’t spend years developing players because onece you finally do, they‘re at the end of their rookie deals and become FAs.
So this is DHs last chance here. He needs to be better than ok, he needs to show what he can really be. Otherwise Rivera will most likely jettison him this offseason. Unfortunately I’ve come to the belief that he is not capable of this level of play at this time. I hope I’m wrong.
Considering one full year of play at Ohio State, then forgoing his last two years there. Entering the NFL at the age of 21 and joining J. Gruden who didn't want him, was too invested in his own interest to created an off field developmental program for him, followed by a second HC, OC, system to learn in the span of 12 months, what exactly were your expectations for him that he's failed to meet?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering one full year of play at Ohio State, then forgoing his last two years there. Entering the NFL at the age of 21 and joining J. Gruden who didn't want him, was too invested in his own interest to created an off field developmental program for him, followed by a second HC, OC, system to learn in the span of 12 months, what exactly were your expectations for him that he's failed to meet?
That he would live up to his draft position and become the long term starter for us at QB solving the cancer we have had at that position. While your characterization of is situation is accurate, they are all excuses. Bottom line is we need him to be better than he has been. The reality is becoming clear. He was a bad pick that was no where close to being ready. He may be someday. He may not. But if he hopes to be, he needs to show it Sunday. It’s his last chance.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i hope he does and we can have something good to talk about with him . merry christmas

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing to note was Jay and Kyle Smith were not in favor of drafting Haskin's. That means Dan and Bruce made the decision. Everything else is excuse making. IMO DH has lots of bravado and little in experience. He certainly would have been better served to play at least one and maybe two more years at Ohio State. I can't say I watched DH a lot in college but we got what I watched.

Since he has been here it has been a series of missteps by DH. The number, sitting on the bench on the sideline not paying attention to what the coach was going over on the iPad, taking selfies while the game was still on. I detailed everyone of these things at the time and was told I was worrying about nothing. None of those were positive signs. I think my worry has been proven to be more true than not.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to note was Jay and Kyle Smith were not in favor of drafting Haskin's. That means Dan and Bruce made the decision. Everything else is excuse making. IMO DH has lots of bravado and little in experience. He certainly would have been better served to play at least one and maybe two more years at Ohio State. I can't say I watched DH a lot in college but we got what I watched.

Since he has been here it has been a series of missteps by DH. The number, sitting on the bench on the sideline not paying attention to what the coach was going over on the iPad, taking selfies while the game was still on. I detailed everyone of these things at the time and was told I was worrying about nothing. None of those were positive signs. I think my worry has been proven to be more true than not.

Good coaches can pick up on this whether it's on the field and/or off the field and you were one of those coaches who did pick up on this.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a message in this somewhere . Might have to do with patience and development .?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a message in this somewhere . Might have to do with patience and development .?

they can do whatever they want with Rodgers on your team

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It might have something to do with a guy named Aaron Rodgers who is having an MVP year plus the RB position hasn't been to shabby either.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might have something to do with a guy named Aaron Rodgers who is having an MVP year plus the RB position hasn't been to shabby either.
I would buy that except Rogers sat for 4 yrs

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, or a former SB winner in Mark Murphy calling the shots!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not weird at all. Aaron Rosgers is playing like Aaron Rodgers, and Aaron Jones is playing reall well as well.

Lots of things look better when you have a franchise qb at the helm of your team.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best case scenario. DH lights it up and never looks back after multible SB appearances for the Red wolves in years to come. Just dont see it happening. DH reminds me of a QB that just isnt confident in his own self. Hence the inability to release the ball on his first instinct. Waits that extra tick of the clock and then throws after the play closes in resulting in bad things. Or waits that extra tick then just checks down after the defense closes in. Only option. Hope im wrong.. just how I see him... and ive watched just about everyone of his snaps. Theres good.. but alot of bad too.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me until stating DH didn't have confidence in himself lol. He believes in himself a little too much hence, self centered immature poor decision making continues on/off the field.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me until stating DH didn't have confidence in himself lol. He believes in himself a little too much hence, self centered immature poor decision making continues on/off the field.

You nailed it!

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see the confidence. Usually when a QB continually checks down he is afraid to throw it. Brady checks down but also throws up field too. First instinct lets it fly. Plays close fast in the NFL. Need the nads to build the confidence with that first quick look and decision. DH aint Brady I know just using him as an example of what confidence looks like. Its there for the growth just have to find it.