• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I was so wrong about the Rockets

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling ya. Dantoni will never be without a job in this league.

I seriously doubt that he will ever get a championship either. He's a good coach on offense, and contrary to what people say about him, he does teach defense. He just doesn't emphasize enough of it that is needed to win a championship. You have to give props to the guy though for getting the most of out of Harden.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt that he will ever get a championship either. He's a good coach on offense, and contrary to what people say about him, he does teach defense. He just doesn't emphasize enough of it that is needed to win a championship. You have to give props to the guy though for getting the most of out of Harden.

Actually, it seems like the Rockets are playing some defense. I heard on the radio the other day that they rank in the middle of the NBA in defensive PER or some fucking nerd stat like that.

With that offense, if they can maintain being middle of the pack on defense, they could very well make and win the finals.

I don't think they will, but I sure wouldn't count them out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it seems like the Rockets are playing some defense. I heard on the radio the other day that they rank in the middle of the NBA in defensive PER or some fucking nerd stat like that.

With that offense, if they can maintain being middle of the pack on defense, they could very well make and win the finals.

I assume you're talking about DEF EFF? They're ranked 17th which is middle of the road. Not bad at all

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you remember the Lakers found out the hard way when they were up 3-1 and still lost the series that they did play defense, so we know already that he D'antoni does play defense more than what everyone says. You have to give him that. I wouldn't count him out either, but D'antoni seems to get close enough to reach out and sniff the cigar and never closer. That could really make a person that loves those old cigars from Havana pretty angry, but the Houston Rockets did the same thing with McGrady and Yao Ming. Close but no cigar

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure I can say this with a straight face, but I don't think you can count the Clippers out either. They seem to have had a lot of injuries, but it's a long season and they can overcome those and be a dangerous team as well

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The toughest task for the Rockets winning a championship is that they would probably have to get past San Antonio and then Golden State in back-to-back series which, if the playoffs started today, the Spurs and Warriors would both hold HCA over Houston.

That's asking a lot our of a team. Just ask OKC.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you're talking about DEF EFF? They're ranked 17th which is middle of the road. Not bad at all

That's the nerd stat. Def eff. Yeah, with that offense, if that can maintain a middle of the road def eff they would definitely be a solid title threat.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but D'antoni seems to get close enough to reach out and sniff the cigar and never closer.

To be fair, one of his seasons in Phoenix, the Suns were a Robert Horry hip check of Steve Nash from the finals.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, one of his seasons in Phoenix, the Suns were a Robert Horry hip check of Steve Nash from the finals.
I knew before that Robert Horry was a dirty player, but that was on the Suns for clearing the bench when they should have maintained control. Kobe handled it the right way when Raja Bell took him down by the throat. That takes a lot of control though that I might not have, but I am not championship material either - lmao

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew before that Robert Horry was a dirty player, but that was on the Suns for clearing the bench when they should have maintained control.

Oh, I agree. The Suns knew the rule, although I do believe that was only the first or 2nd season of the rule. At the very least, they should have had one of their assistant coaches set up as the "get back coach" like football teams have to keep players from getting too close to the sideline or wander too far down the sideline.

But, without that hip check, the Suns players aren't going out on the court looking to protect Nash and likely win that series.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is just so good. Hopefully they're able to stay healthy. Would love to see them against the Spurs or Warriors in the 2nd round

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're a good team for sure, don't know if they get far in a loaded West but they're going to be a tough out.