• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Still Really Like Bruce Irvin, Despite His Low Sack Total

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, that was two games ago. What has he done lately? I watched him specifically Thursday (as I usually do every game), and he got abused for the majority of it. I'm not saying he's worthless like Curry was, but some more consistency would be nice. He'll make a couple of decent plays in a game and then become invisible for the remainder of it. Frustrating. I guess I just expect more from a first round draft pick.
Trollzorn.

Sorry. A troll is a troll.
Doesn't mean ur a bad guy.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's important in any evaluation of Irvin that we remember that this is his first full season as a linebacker. He's still learning the position, so growing pains early this season should have been expected. That position switch is important. For one, it's going to save the Seahawks money when the time comes to decide whether to re-sign him or not. Had he stayed at defensive end, worked his way into the starting lineup and excelled, we'd be looking at a hefty price tag for his next contract and I don't know if we could have kept him. They can pay him less as a linebacker than they would have had to as a defensive end. He has more responsibilities now (playing the run and dropping into coverage), but fewer opportunities to put up the kind of numbers that he would have had to put up to get that big second contract.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete is developing Bruce into a very versatile well rounded player. This takes time. The best has yet to come

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trollzorn.

Sorry. A troll is a troll.
Doesn't mean ur a bad guy.

Uhsplit

Sorry, your a C**t.
Doesn't mean your a bad guy.

Why do people have to kiss the ass of every player and coach on a team they like? Geez, it should be ok to have your own opinion once in awhile.

Last edited by a moderator: