• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nick Kwiatkoski Week 10's Top Rated LB'er

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kwiatkoski was NFL's top linebacker in Week 10

Filling in for an injured Danny Trevathan, Kwiatkoski dominated the Lions offense to the tune of ten tackles, a sack and an interception. It was the second time this season that he stepped up in what could've been a crisis for the Bears defense. In Week 4 against the Vikings, Kwiatkoski filled-in for Roquan Smith who was deactivated shortly before kickoff for reasons still unknown. He was fantastic in that game, too.

But Kwiatkoski's performance on Sunday was borderline special. In fact, he was so good that he earned Pro Football Focus' highest grade of any linebacker in the NFL in Week 10 with a 92.4.

His ridiculous showing against Detroit pushed his season grade up to 88.2, which is second-best among Bears defenders with at least 100 snaps this season.

So, yeah, he's going to get paid.

He was also on the field for our D's best game of the year vs Minnesota and was an f'ing animal.

Trevathan's injury is unfortunate and looked gruesome. He's meant a lot to this team. However, with half of a season left and his contract up. It sort of gives us a chance to audition Kwit for the job next season.

Two games isn't enough to make a total evaluation on how much he's "improved" but damn... the guy has been FLYING around the field when he's been out there. INT's, sacks, TFL's, pass breakups, you name it.

Our run D was also much better on Sunday. Which, if you remember, the last time it was "good" was when he played vs Minny. Now, Detroit sucks at running but it's worth mentioning.

Let's just see

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two games isn't enough to make a total evaluation on how much he's "improved" but damn... the guy has been FLYING around the field when he's been out there. INT's, sacks, TFL's, pass breakups, you name it.
It's not unreasonable to call him the best inside linebacker we've had this season based on the last game and his game against Minnesota. Small sample size and the opposition didn't have time to gameplan for him but damn, he's balling out. Big strong kid, hits hard, isn't easily moved off his spot, plays downhill extremely well while also being able to move side to side. His weakness has been pass coverage historically but at least he's got that pick last game to show for himself this year. On top of all that, the dude is psyched to play. He's bringing energy and life to a defense that's been demoralized by a bad offense opposite them.

As well as Trevathan has played this year, his injury might be somewhat of a blessing in disguise for the future.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see against the rams. He’s been good, but that was when teams weren’t game planning for him. Now that they are, I expect to see a ton of crossing routes. I bet we see it against the rams.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see against the rams. He’s been good, but that was when teams weren’t game planning for him. Now that they are, I expect to see a ton of crossing routes. I bet we see it against the rams.
This. I'm in wait and see mode.