• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I predict the Pacers will win the championship next season w/Oladipo and Sabonis

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He most certainly is.

OKC won't advance past the second round. George will be a Laker this time next year. Enjoy the rental OKC!

So now you want to fire McMillan, huh? Did you finally realize that Vogel wasn't the problem the last few years, or do you just want to fire everyone who fails to win with a mediocre roster?

Nope. It's a fact that the Pacers haven't had a good coach since Larry Bird. You don't follow Pacers basketball if you think otherwise. The rotations by Vogel and McMillan have been flat-out garbage.

And for the record, I don't have any problems with the Nuggets current coach, Mike Malone.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best comparison to Westbrook is Iverson. Westbrook is stronger and plays better D but they both get into ball dominant modes that can lead to a lack of cohesive ball movement.

For all of his talent, Westbrook can lead his team into frustrating situations by trying to do too much (aka "hero ball). He is an enigma. But how do you reign in such a physical talent when that is what his game is based on.

Durant's frustration is understandable. OKC fans calling him heartless because he wanted to play on a more traditionally team oriented, ball movement scheme is pretty laughable.

I can see that. Although, I think RW will end up being better.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

KD is way more clutch than RW. Did you see what he did in the Finals? Or not watch it?

I saw enough of durant dribbling out the shot clock and passing to Westbrook with 5 seconds left while he was in OKC. GS has a great system that makes players look better than they actually are. It's far superior to the isolation game that scotty brooks used in OKC.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't see PG staying in OKC. It's the same situation he was wanting out of in Indy and his addition doesn't make the Thunder a threat to the Warriors, Spurs. It likely doesn't even get them past the 2nd round. I don't think that is going to be good enough to convince PG to stay.

But I still think it's a great move by the Thunder. Even if PG doesn't stay, it's a show of good faith to Westbrook that they will do everything they can to get him some help.

If PG leaves and Westbrook stays, it's a win for OKC because they keep Westbrook.

If PG stays and Westbtook stays, then it's a big win for the Thunder.

Even if both leave, I think it's a little bit of a win because it allows them to rebuild and lets future FA's know that they are serious about trying to put together a contender.

If they end up a 4 or 5 seed....they could lose in the 1st to.......Minny. The Wolves are gonna be good.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't beat, join em.

I don't why OKC fans are so butt hurt over Durant leaving. If you got to watch GSW this year, you know exactly why he left. It is the perfect offensive style for his game -- he went from a PG who would turn into a black hole once he had the ball, to a team who always make the extra pass.

The change not only made Durant a better player -- it arguably made him the best player in the NBA.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to a game in OKC, back when I lived there.....it's a great environment.

The Thunder vs the AI Nuggets.....

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw enough of durant dribbling out the shot clock and passing to Westbrook with 5 seconds left while he was in OKC. GS has a great system that makes players look better than they actually are. It's far superior to the isolation game that scotty brooks used in OKC.

If you had to pick between the 2? I'd take KD every time.....and I do like RW.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had to pick between the 2? I'd take KD every time.....and I do like RW.

Now I'd take Westbrook but his game will go down much faster than durant's. He relies on athleticism where durant doesn't.