• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I predict the Pacers will win the championship next season w/Oladipo and Sabonis

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Westbrook has shown throughout his entire career that he will resort to hero ball late in close games. That was the issue KD had with him.

As for Klay, sure he did, but I'd wager that if Westbrook shared the ball with KD in those last 3 games, the Thunder are able to grab 1 of them.

KD played with no heart. He's the reason OKC lost.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's problem. Basically, when it comes to sharing the ball, Westbrook is Kobe without Kobe's basketball I.Q. or his perimeter shot.

Again, I don't get how ANYONE can say this. He averaged double digits assists the past 2 seasons. He has more assists than anyone else in the league over the past 2 seasons.

FWIW, 538 completely disagrees with you.

Paul George Makes The Thunder Contenders Again
George may actually end up fitting slightly better with Westbrook than Durant did — in practice if not in terms of absolute skill. Durant dominated the ball late in games for the Thunder; Westbrook would defer, often to a fault. This left Westbrook, an average at best shooter, on the perimeter, largely wasted. With George new to OKC, where Westbrook is the reigning MVP and undisputed team leader, the Thunder should be able to default to more sensible sets in crucial moments, with the ball in Westbrook’s hands but George actively involved.

IMO, this seems closer to the mark. RW runs the offense and PG can be the outlet taking 3s when the D collapses on RW.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Russ signs long-term (and nothing suggests he won't), George ain't going anywhere.

Yeah, George wants to play with a PG that takes 30 shots a game and has to have his ball in his hands the entire game.

George is going to LAL in 2018. It is not a matter of if, he is good as gone. It is now just a matter of who joins him in LA.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's problem. Basically, when it comes to sharing the ball, Westbrook is Kobe without Kobe's basketball I.Q. or his perimeter shot.

I think that Kobe is a pretty bad comparison. Kobe was a pure 2.

IMO, a better comparison would be Dwayne Wade.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, George wants to play with a PG that takes 30 shots a game and has to have his ball in his hands the entire game.

The only time RW averaged more than 20 shots a game is this season and the season that Durant basically missed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD played with no heart. He's the reason OKC lost.

You OKC fans keep telling yourselves that and pretty soon, even you'll believe it.

They lost that series because late in games, Westbrook played hero ball and was throwing up all kinds of ridiculous shots. It was like he completely forgot that he had the 2nd best player in the world on his team.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You OKC fans keep telling yourselves that and pretty soon, even you'll believe it.

They lost that series because late in games, Westbrook played hero ball and was throwing up all kinds of ridiculous shots. It was like he completely forgot that he had the 2nd best player in the world on his team.

Watch the games next time and you will have a better idea what happened. But I understand you were busy watching the lakers play.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't get how ANYONE can say this. He averaged double digits assists the past 2 seasons. He has more assists than anyone else in the league over the past 2 seasons.

Again, it's about when he does it, not that he does it all of the time. Did you watch the series vs. GSW when they blew that 3-1 lead? If you did, you'd know exactly how ANYONE could say this.

FWIW, 538 completely disagrees with you.

Paul George Makes The Thunder Contenders Again
IMO, this seems closer to the mark. RW runs the offense and PG can be the outlet taking 3s when the D collapses on RW.

Not sure what it is you're not understanding. This was supposedly the same formula they had with KD. How many titles has that gotten them?

Wedstbrook goes hero ball late in close games. That is and always was the issue with KD and there's no reason to think it will change for PG.

PG is a very good player, but he's not as good as KD. So, basically, OKC is what they were with RW and KD, only not quite as good.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what it is you're not understanding. This was supposedly the same formula they had with KD. How many titles has that gotten them?

I wasn't arguing that they were going to win a title. I simply said that PG was a good fit for the Thunder. They still aren't good enough to beat the Warriors. Good enough to lose to them in the conference finals.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the games next time and you will have a better idea what happened. But I understand you were busy watching the lakers play.

I watched every second of those games as there were no Lakers games for me to watch at that time of the season. I watched Westbrook make crazy drives to the basket and throw up ridiculous 3's.

The revisionist history that some of you Thunder fans are going with is pretty funny. I mean, I understand that your collective panties are in a twist because KD dared to leave. But I didn't realize they were so twisted that they made you all blind.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't arguing that they were going to win a title. I simply said that PG was a good fit for the Thunder. They still aren't good enough to beat the Warriors. Good enough to lose to them in the conference finals.

He's no better a fit than KD was and KD left for the reasons cited. It's also doubtful that they are good enough to get to the conference finals. They are a first or second round exit level team.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time RW averaged more than 20 shots a game is this season and the season that Durant basically missed.

Because it was Durant's team. He was the first option. Paul George is not Kevin Durant, and it is now Westbrook's team.

I'd bet my life he averages well over 20+ shots a game next year, and most likely 25+ shots a game. Westbrook is a great player, but I do not see anyone winning with him.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched every second of those games as there were no Lakers games for me to watch at that time of the season. I watched Westbrook make crazy drives to the basket and throw up ridiculous 3's.

The revisionist history that some of you Thunder fans are going with is pretty funny. I mean, I understand that your collective panties are in a twist because KD dared to leave. But I didn't realize they were so twisted that they made you all blind.

That's the point.
And I watched the games and saw durant shrink away.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Kobe is a pretty bad comparison. Kobe was a pure 2.

IMO, a better comparison would be Dwayne Wade.

Westbrook is a point guard in name only. He tries to play a lot more like Kobe than he does anyone else.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not a Thunder fan. And I certainly wouldn't suggest that PG is as good as KD either.

But you seem to laying the entire blame on RW and giving KD a pass. In game 5, the Warriors scored 120 points. In game 6 Westbrook shot 0-5 from 3 and 10-27 overall. Which was bad. Not as bad as KD's 10-31 and 1-8 from 3 though.

The Thunder lost because Klay was light's out in Game 6 and Curry was light's out in game 7. And they simply didn't have the depth of the Warriors.

Trying to lay that all at RW's feet is entirely unfair.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it was Durant's team. He was the first option. Paul George is not Kevin Durant, and it is now Westbrook's team.

I'd bet my life he averages well over 20+ shots a game next year, and most likely 25+ shots a game. Westbrook is a great player, but I do not see anyone winning with him.

He didn't average 25 shots a game last year and he had all of nobody to share the ball with.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point.
And I watched the games and saw durant shrink away.

That wasn't the point. The Lakers had nothing to do with the point. It was dig that you tried and failed at because you're panties are twisted about KD and because no one is buying what Thunder fans are selling re: Westbrook.

Durant didn't shrink away. Westbrook wouldn't give up the fucking ball. It really is that simple. If you want to say that KD should have been more vocal and demanded the ball, I'd agree with that.

But let's not pretend that Westbrook was looking to pass the ball late in those games. He simply wasn't and it cost the Thunder the series and KD.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is a point guard in name only. He tries to play a lot more like Kobe than he does anyone else.

His 10.5 APG would disagree with you.

Seriously, some of you guys have a really strange view of the guy. Yes he's ball dominant. So are most really good PGs.

James Harden is close to the player you are describing.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't the point. The Lakers had nothing to do with the point. It was dig that you tried and failed at because you're panties are twisted about KD and because no one is buying what Thunder fans are selling re: Westbrook.

Durant didn't shrink away. Westbrook wouldn't give up the fucking ball. It really is that simple. If you want to say that KD should have been more vocal and demanded the ball, I'd agree with that.

But let's not pretend that Westbrook was looking to pass the ball late in those games. He simply wasn't and it cost the Thunder the series and KD.

No matter how many times you try to blame Westbrook instead of durant you'll always be wrong.

And the dig at your lakers was funny.