• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers will win the championship this year

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"you know what laker stuff is made of next year? no playoffs!!"

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair it was lucky. If steph curry hit that I would consider him lucky too

There's nothing lucky about the best 3 pt shooter in NBA history hitting a 3 in his fav spot on the court. The lucky part of that game on the missed fts by the Spurs & the Heat getting 2 offensive rebounds on their final 2 possessions of that game considering they ranked 28th out of 30 teams when it comes to offensive rebounds

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is lucky Wade had bone bruises and Bosh played like he was on the Bobcats...already on vacation.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing lucky about the best 3 pt shooter in NBA history hitting a 3 in his fav spot on the court. The lucky part of that game on the missed fts by the Spurs & the Heat getting 2 offensive rebounds on their final 2 possessions of that game considering they ranked 28th out of 30 teams when it comes to offensive rebounds

Lucky both ways I guess lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't get the whole "Ray Allen was lucky" train of thought!! Ray Allen was clutch, period!! I don't have to like it, but I have to admit it!!

I agree, the luck part was 2 very good free throw shooters going 2 for 4 down the stretch and a poor offensive rebounding team getting 2 in their final possessions.

And yes, the Heat got lucky. However, luck has always been involved in winning championships. As the late, great Chick Hearn used to say: "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good and if you can be both, you might have something"!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was lucky for Miami that Ray Allen made that 3-pointer, but Ray Allen didn't get lucky when he hit it. Dude works his ass off practicing jumpshots.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances of Wade and Bosh avg a total of 27 points next year in a series against Indy? As I said before last year was their best chance to beat Miami. Bosh won't avg 11 and Wade won't avg 16 next year in a series against them.

Dude, you of all people should know that's how LeBron plays. His game is built around him putting up big stats while making others around him look worse. The only reason he's winning titles now as opposed to when he was in Cleveland is simply because Wade is a better basketball player than Mo Williams.

Now that Wade is going to be 32 at the time of next year's Playoffs and with the injuries piling up...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about this thread is the lack of respect Pacers fans are showing for the rest of the East. At least as a Heat fan I recognized that Chicago and Brooklyn will be a factor this year while Cane and the other guy act like those teams are trashed and they will have an easy time getting to Miami.

Unless their rookies step up, I don't think the Bulls can compete with our depth.

Anyone else see the irony in punchline lecturing me about respect for the Bulls, yet HE's the one who not too long ago sported an avatar mocking Rose and the Bulls, both unjustly and overzealously.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Bulls and the Pacers are two really good teams, but I think both of them needs one more player on the elite level to contend with Miami. Miami unfortunately is going to remain their until they start losing players due to age, money or etc. Once they have to tinker with the line up, then there is a better chance someone can knock them off

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you of all people should know that's how LeBron plays. His game is built around him putting up big stats while making others around him look worse. The only reason he's winning titles now as opposed to when he was in Cleveland is simply because Wade is a better basketball player than Mo Williams.

Now that Wade is going to be 32 at the time of next year's Playoffs and with the injuries piling up...
Who's stats have gone up or back up once they're no longer teammates with James?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously?!? Look, I'm no Lebron fan, but if his teammates stats are somehow worse, it's because of the presence of another superstar on the floor who also can score. I'd be willing to bet that while scoring may be down, things like field goal percentage would go up because Lebron is a great passer who gets the ball to guys when they are in a good position to score and because he demands alot of attention from the defense.

Nothing wrong with hating on Lebron, but don't make stuff up like saying he puts up big stats while his teammates look bad.

I do agree about Wade's age and injuries. If the Heat don't figure a way to keep the wear and tear on him down, they may be in trouble by playoff time re: Wade and what he can give them.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit being such a star-driven diva, trojanfan. Facts are fact. With the exception of Mo Williams for one season (2008-09), any significant player that has played with LeBron James has seen both their individual numbers and their overall effectiveness decrease dramatically. Th old saying is that the stars make their presence known come Playoff time. That's what LeBron does. He WANTS to do it all (unless you're one of those who think he shies away from taking the big shot in the 4th quarter). It forces his teammates to take significant steps back. At least Jordan on the 90's Bulls accepted his role as scorer and allowed others to play their roles (Pippen as a distributing point-forward, Rodman/Grant as rebounders and defensive enforcers).

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pacers played far from flawless basketball that series yet still took the Heat to seven games. We've slowly but surely have looked better against them with each passing season, but I still don't believe our team has peaked yet.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
herisacane, please find statistical evidence to back up anything you are saying.

I will save you the time, you are a moron. when the mods figure out you are Sman too you are going to get banned.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...And what player hasn't looked over-the-hill once he played with LeBron?
Well....considering a lot were over the hill (or close to it) when they got to Cleveland, it's pretty easy to see that.

Now tell me....who's stats went up or back up once they no longer played with James. If you have no examples then STFU and dodge the questions like you usually do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit being such a star-driven diva, trojanfan. Facts are fact. With the exception of Mo Williams for one season (2008-09), any significant player that has played with LeBron James has seen both their individual numbers and their overall effectiveness decrease dramatically. Th old saying is that the stars make their presence known come Playoff time. That's what LeBron does. He WANTS to do it all (unless you're one of those who think he shies away from taking the big shot in the 4th quarter). It forces his teammates to take significant steps back. At least Jordan on the 90's Bulls accepted his role as scorer and allowed others to play their roles (Pippen as a distributing point-forward, Rodman/Grant as rebounders and defensive enforcers).

You really need to start backing up your statements with stats!!

Oh wait, you can't because you're statements are crap!! Players who play with Lebron may see scoring drop because they don't have to carry the whole load anymore. It happens anytime you have 2 or 3 elite players on the same team. But they do not become "less effective".

As I said, hate on Lebron all that you want (I do), but at least be factual and give the impression that you actually know something about basketball!! You can hate on a player, point out his weaknesses and give reasons why you hate him, but still admit that he's a great player!! It doesn't mean that you are suddenly a fan of that player. It just means that you are objective/mature enough to be able to admit he's a great player even though you don't like him. It would also give you more credibility on these boards!!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't get the whole "Ray Allen was lucky" train of thought!! Ray Allen was clutch, period!! I don't have to like it, but I have to admit it!!

I agree, the luck part was 2 very good free throw shooters going 2 for 4 down the stretch and a poor offensive rebounding team getting 2 in their final possessions.

And yes, the Heat got lucky. However, luck has always been involved in winning championships. As the late, great Chick Hearn used to say: "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good and if you can be both, you might have something"!!

Does anyone really think "being clutch" exists at all? I've always questioned that

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone really think "being clutch" exists at all? I've always questioned that

It is just something that media makes up to sell air time. You can definitely shy away from moments or disappear but "clutch gene" as making more of your shots when the game is on the line is bullshit. That ball is going to go through the hoop 40% or whatever the percentage is...unless they are lazy and unfocused the first 45 minutes...where I think that is just bad work ethic.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just something that media makes up to sell air time. You can definitely shy away from moments or disappear but "clutch gene" as making more of your shots when the game is on the line is bullshit. That ball is going to go through the hoop 40% or whatever the percentage is...unless they are lazy and unfocused the first 45 minutes...where I think that is just bad work ethic.

Yeah I always thought it was stats just evening out IMO