• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I predict the Pacers will win the championship next season w/Oladipo and Sabonis

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you give me the next penny stock that will increase in value by 600%?? You seem to have expert knowledge of everything else in the future. Can you give me tonight's Megabucks winning numbers??

So......you think playing a year with Westbrook's going to change everything and he's going to trade LA for OKC? You didn't see how Durant essentially left town because of how it is playing alongside Westbrook?

And yes, I can give you valuable stock advise. It's going to cost you though. Let me go grab my paypal link now......

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why Durant win the scoring title 4 times with the Thunder?

People are going way too over the top with their criticisms of Westbrook.

Durant still got his points, yes.

OKC's offense with Russ as the PG went ISO heavy unlike Golden State's; it's a night and day difference.

Often times Durant's left as a spectator while Russ is playing hero ball. You act like I'm the only one that knocks Westbrook. I'm far from the only one.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant still got his points, yes.

OKC's offense with Russ as the PG went ISO heavy unlike Golden State's; it's a night and day difference.

Often times Durant's left as a spectator while Russ is playing hero ball. You act like I'm the only one that knocks Westbrook. I'm far from the only one.

You are not the only one. Which is why I said "People are going over the top" and not just you.

Westbrook needs the ball. That's the kind of player he is. But he's more than willing to dish when it makes sense. He's also not afraid to put the team on his back.

IMO, I think Paul George will be perfectly happy to have another superstar playing with him and taking some of the load off. He's still going to get plenty of chances.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not the only one. Which is why I said "People are going over the top" and not just you.

Westbrook needs the ball. That's the kind of player he is. But he's more than willing to dish when it makes sense. He's also not afraid to put the team on his back.

IMO, I think Paul George will be perfectly happy to have another superstar playing with him and taking some of the load off. He's still going to get plenty of chances.

We'll see. Time vindicates.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree. You would think durant avg 12 shots per game while playing with russ

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it doesn't seem like a match made in heaven any more than Paul and Harden, but OKC definitely got better.

Also unlike Houston they're a good defensive team. They can have a really good defensive team

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka was the guy that the Thunder signed instead of Harden, it was not a center. Harden wanted out, not a big game player, all that is water under the bridge. I see no scenario where this was not a blockbuster level good trade for OKC.

It was Perkins that they kept over others when they should have dumped his salary.

Presti makes some very good moves. He also screws up sometimes. Not quite the genius level that people assign to him.

The salary dump in this trade is possibly good for OKC but if George walks and they can't get a star level player to fill that salary slot then what is the use?

My question is was OKC down on Sabonis after his rookie year or is that the price of the dump for a probable one year rental of George?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perkins was never a factor in keeping or not keeping Harden. Perkins did his job which was to bring some toughness to what was a very young team at the time, really all he was useful for but it was much needed. Sabots started almost all year and was underwhelming. He can be a decent player in the league but you don't give up even 1 year of a player like George for a dime a dozen guy like that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really.:L

But, hopefully the 2017-18 group will enjoy being around one another unlike this past season's team. And, as always...
Fire McMillan.:suds::yahoo:

Hire Stackhouse. BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!

All things considered, Sam Presti is a fucking genius ain't he? The same haul he nabbed to fleece Orlando with for Ibaka was later used for George, while teams in the east with the exception of Charlotte and Miami are generally committed to going young and preparing for life after LeBron James.

Poor Lakers.:bawling:

Seriously? Pretty much every other reported offer the Pacers got was better than what the Pacers accepted.

As for the Lakers, the Pacers sent George to virtually the same situation he was in with Indy and wanted to leave.

A small town team that's good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to get past the 1st or 2nd round and not close to contending.

If they weren't getting him in a trade, this is about as good as it gets for the Lakers hopes of getting him next off-season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The issue wasn't simply Westbrok hogging the ball. It was when he chose to do it. Late in close games, He would forget that he had arguably the 2nd best player in the league on his team and try to win by himself.

It's literally what cost the Thunder that 3-1 lead vs. the Warriors.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is certainly a calculated risk by OKC. If George bolts after this year than Russ could also walk and they might have to go full rebuild with a ton of cap room.

It's a risk they had to take though. Westbrook becomes an FA after this season. This shows Russ that the Thunder are willing to get him some help. Even if PG leaves, they can still pitch to Westbrook that they showed they'll do everything they can to get him some help.

Of course, they risk losing both guys. But it's better than not trying and possibly losing Westbrook next off-season because they didn't try.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue wasn't simply Westbrok hogging the ball. It was when he chose to do it. Late in close games, He would forget that he had arguably the 2nd best player in the league on his team and try to win by himself.

It's literally what cost the Thunder that 3-1 lead vs. the Warriors.

Well Klay Thompson also had something to say about that 3-1 comeback.

Regardless, my point wasn't that RW is the perfect player. It's that the claim that PG won't like playing next to him is based on faulty assumptions.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to bet that he doesn't stay in OKC.

I doubt Presti is done making moves. Doesn't mean either he or Westbrook stay. But OKC has proven a commitment to winning and bringing in talent.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Klay Thompson also had something to say about that 3-1 comeback.

Regardless, my point wasn't that RW is the perfect player. It's that the claim that PG won't like playing next to him is based on faulty assumptions.

Not really. Westbrook has shown throughout his entire career that he will resort to hero ball late in close games. That was the issue KD had with him.

As for Klay, sure he did, but I'd wager that if Westbrook shared the ball with KD in those last 3 games, the Thunder are able to grab 1 of them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. And his lack of an effective perimeter shot doesn't help.

That's problem. Basically, when it comes to sharing the ball, Westbrook is Kobe without Kobe's basketball I.Q. or his perimeter shot.