• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I predict the Pacers will win the championship next season w/Oladipo and Sabonis

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Thunder fan. And I certainly wouldn't suggest that PG is as good as KD either.

But you seem to laying the entire blame on RW and giving KD a pass. In game 5, the Warriors scored 120 points. In game 6 Westbrook shot 0-5 from 3 and 10-27 overall. Which was bad. Not as bad as KD's 10-31 and 1-8 from 3 though.

The Thunder lost because Klay was light's out in Game 6 and Curry was light's out in game 7. And they simply didn't have the depth of the Warriors.

Trying to lay that all at RW's feet is entirely unfair.

I'm not laying all of it at Westbrooks feet, just most of it. KD shares some of the blame because he should have spoken up and demanded the ball. That's on him.

But Westbrook is the point guard and it's on him to include others in the offense. Late in close games, he doesn't.

Also, if Westbrook is sharing the ball late in games 6 and 7, it may not have mattered what Klay or Steph did because it may have been countered with what KD did. We'll never know because Westbrook tried to win those games by himself.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 10.5 APG would disagree with you.

Seriously, some of you guys have a really strange view of the guy. Yes he's ball dominant. So are most really good PGs.

James Harden is close to the player you are describing.

What is it that you are not grasping about late in close games? I mean seriously, it's not that difficult of a concept to understand.

It doesn't matter how many assists a guy has during the 43 minutes of the game if his teams loses because he plays hero ball in the last 5 minutes. He could average 20 assists a game and it wouldn't matter if his team loses because he won't share the ball late in the game.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best comparison to Westbrook is Iverson. Westbrook is stronger and plays better D but they both get into ball dominant modes that can lead to a lack of cohesive ball movement.

For all of his talent, Westbrook can lead his team into frustrating situations by trying to do too much (aka "hero ball). He is an enigma. But how do you reign in such a physical talent when that is what his game is based on.

Durant's frustration is understandable. OKC fans calling him heartless because he wanted to play on a more traditionally team oriented, ball movement scheme is pretty laughable.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how many times you try to blame Westbrook instead of durant you'll always be wrong.

And the dig at your lakers was funny.

No matter how many times you try to pretend Westbrook is some kind of hero, you'll always be wrong. You guys really sound a lot like jilted teenage girls.

And while the Lakers dig wasn't funny, it was unoriginal and played out, so at least it had that going for it.

Which is nice. :heh:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best comparison to Westbrook is Iverson. Westbrook is stronger and plays better D but they both get into ball dominant modes that can lead to a lack of cohesive ball movement.

Perfect comparison.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a good move for OKC, no question about it. They had to show Russ they were willing to make moves in order to keep Russ. Still though, I think less than 10% chance to sign George long term.

There was less than a 10% chance that OKC got Paul George Thursday night. Things happen.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't average 25 shots a game last year and he had all of nobody to share the ball with.

I misread an article about Westbrook. My apologies. I thought it said he averaged 30 shots per game this past year. It actually said he took 300 shots more than anyone in the NBA last year.

Really fun player to watch. I don't see him winning a NBA title. If he couldn't do so with Durant. He definitely isn't with Paul George.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter how many times you try to pretend Westbrook is some kind of hero, you'll always be wrong. You guys really sound a lot like jilted teenage girls.

And while the Lakers dig wasn't funny, it was unoriginal and played out, so at least it had that going for it.

Which is nice. :heh:

At what point does saying durant wilted the same as saying Westbrook is a hero?

I'll give you the unoriginal. But it's still funny. It was even funny again this season.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched every second of those games as there were no Lakers games for me to watch at that time of the season. I watched Westbrook make crazy drives to the basket and throw up ridiculous 3's.

The revisionist history that some of you Thunder fans are going with is pretty funny. I mean, I understand that your collective panties are in a twist because KD dared to leave. But I didn't realize they were so twisted that they made you all blind.

Westbrook was the best closer late in games this season. Besides I think you're the guy that 2 years ago was telling everyone here the Westbrook would be a Laker by now.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For all of his talent, Westbrook can lead his team into frustrating situations by trying to do too much (aka "hero ball). He is an enigma. But how do you reign in such a physical talent when that is what his game is based on.

Durant's frustration is understandable. OKC fans calling him heartless because he wanted to play on a more traditionally team oriented, ball movement scheme is pretty laughable.

If you can't beat, join em.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was less than a 10% chance that OKC got Paul George Thursday night. Things happen.

I honestly don't see PG staying in OKC. It's the same situation he was wanting out of in Indy and his addition doesn't make the Thunder a threat to the Warriors, Spurs. It likely doesn't even get them past the 2nd round. I don't think that is going to be good enough to convince PG to stay.

But I still think it's a great move by the Thunder. Even if PG doesn't stay, it's a show of good faith to Westbrook that they will do everything they can to get him some help.

If PG leaves and Westbrook stays, it's a win for OKC because they keep Westbrook.

If PG stays and Westbtook stays, then it's a big win for the Thunder.

Even if both leave, I think it's a little bit of a win because it allows them to rebuild and lets future FA's know that they are serious about trying to put together a contender.

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really.:L

But, hopefully the 2017-18 group will enjoy being around one another unlike this past season's team. And, as always...
Fire McMillan.:suds::yahoo:

Hire Stackhouse. BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!

All things considered, Sam Presti is a fucking genius ain't he? The same haul he nabbed to fleece Orlando with for Ibaka was later used for George, while teams in the east with the exception of Charlotte and Miami are generally committed to going young and preparing for life after LeBron James.

Poor Lakers.:bawling:

Presti lucked out that the draft night deal fell through.....Denver/Cleveland/Indy.

Lakers? He still may go.....

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook was the best closer late in games this season. Besides I think you're the guy that 2 years ago was telling everyone here the Westbrook would be a Laker by now.

What does him being the best closer late in games this season have to do with what he did vs. the Warriors when the Thunder blew that 3-1 lead and that being the reason KD left?

Also, I don't recall predicting Westbrook would be a Laker by now. I don't want Westbrook on the Lakers. I want to see the Lakers running the GSW style offense that Luke brought with him to LA and Westbrook doesn't fit that type of offense.

Heckuva nice attempt at moving the goalposts though. :thumb:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Pretty much every other reported offer the Pacers got was better than what the Pacers accepted.

As for the Lakers, the Pacers sent George to virtually the same situation he was in with Indy and wanted to leave.

A small town team that's good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to get past the 1st or 2nd round and not close to contending.

If they weren't getting him in a trade, this is about as good as it gets for the Lakers hopes of getting him next off-season.

Going to Boston or Cleveland scared me more.....OKC?

It's definitely not LA.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet RW doesn't sign this extension anytime soon. He could bolt next summer also.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Kobe is a pretty bad comparison. Kobe was a pure 2.

IMO, a better comparison would be Dwayne Wade.

Several experts have gone on record saying Kobe could have averaged 10apg.....it's not about being a pure PG.....it's about dominating the ball enough to get those apg.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to Boston or Cleveland scared me more.....OKC?

It's definitely not LA.

Boston scared me because of the talk that PG would sign an extension if they got Hayward. I actually wanted him to go to the Cavs because I think it virtually guaranteed he would be a 1 year rental.

I'm less concerned about him being in OKC than I would be about him going to Boston, but more worried than if he had gone to the Cavs.

In OKC, he and Westbrook should be able to get OKC to the 2nd round. OKC has crazy loyal, loud fans. I don't think that getting to the 2nd round is going to be good enough to keep him. But, if you combine that with those fans and OKC's front office promising to make more moves...? Maybe that convinces him to stay? :noidea: