• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I predict the Pacers will win the championship next season w/Oladipo and Sabonis

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder will always make $ because it's the only game in town so to speak.....but developing a winner will be tough. I don't think their owner will pay the lux tax like other teams will. That's why Presti traded Harden and if he could have.....would have traded KD if he knew how he felt.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or this dumbass is a waste of my time.

well, admission IS the first step. and i CLEARLY see you fit that category...

maybe stop posting for a day or 2. try filling your time with Parchesi or something...

oh, and i might also suggest a li'l counseling to get over that butthurt syndrome you seem to be experiencing...

just trying to help. you're welcome...

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't beat, join em.

Well, that brings nothing to the table.

I guess you can't take a well reasoned critique. I wasn't wrong in what I stated about Westbrook. He is one helluva a player with almost unprecedented athleticism but his aggressiveness is also his folly.

Next time come back with a valid point instead of vague and unhelpful commentary.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder will always make $ because it's the only game in town so to speak.....but developing a winner will be tough. I don't think their owner will pay the lux tax like other teams will. That's why Presti traded Harden and if he could have.....would have traded KD if he knew how he felt.

OKC is about the same size as San Antonio. We have OU football and SA just has the Spurs but they have been able to break through in a small market. No reason why OKC can't.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that brings nothing to the table.

I guess you can't take a well reasoned critique. I wasn't wrong in what I stated about Westbrook. He is one helluva a player with almost unprecedented athleticism but his aggressiveness is also his folly.

Next time come back with a valid point instead of vague and unhelpful commentary.

All I"m saying is that Golden State could have signed you instead of Durant and they still would have won the title this year.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I"m saying is that Golden State could have signed you instead of Durant and they still would have won the title this year.

can't deny GS was REALLY good without him, but they're chances went WAY up with him...

could they have done it without KD? i definitely think so, but look at what happened the previous season...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'd take Westbrook but his game will go down much faster than durant's. He relies on athleticism where durant doesn't.

Yeah, plus Westbrook plays all out, all the time. If they ever figure out how to bottle and sell his energy, he'll be a multi-billionaire overnight.

I criticize him for not sharing the ball late in games, but I love watching him play. He attacks the rim like it called his Mama a whore or something.

He's easily one of my 2 or 3 favorite non-Lakers players.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston scared me because of the talk that PG would sign an extension if they got Hayward. I actually wanted him to go to the Cavs because I think it virtually guaranteed he would be a 1 year rental.

I'm less concerned about him being in OKC than I would be about him going to Boston, but more worried than if he had gone to the Cavs.

In OKC, he and Westbrook should be able to get OKC to the 2nd round. OKC has crazy loyal, loud fans. I don't think that getting to the 2nd round is going to be good enough to keep him. But, if you combine that with those fans and OKC's front office promising to make more moves...? Maybe that convinces him to stay? :noidea:

OKC was a 47 win team last year as a one man show. You don't think bringing in PG will have much impact on their success?

If they stay healthy I can definitely see them as a 55-60 win team. Dunno if that means they are good enough to beat the Spurs but they might be able to.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it that you are not grasping about late in close games? I mean seriously, it's not that difficult of a concept to understand.

You are using a small sample size to prove your point. Focusing on a single series, and not even that but 3 games in that one series, as proof of anything is pretty weak reasoning. We had Cavs fans arguing that Kyrie was better than Curry last year because he had a better finals. That is the same kind of reasoning.

It doesn't matter how many assists a guy has during the 43 minutes of the game if his teams loses because he plays hero ball in the last 5 minutes. He could average 20 assists a game and it wouldn't matter if his team loses because he won't share the ball late in the game.

Your evidence for this is lacking. Again, small sample sizes can be used to argue anything.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several experts have gone on record saying Kobe could have averaged 10apg.....it's not about being a pure PG.....it's about dominating the ball enough to get those apg.

Maybe he could have but that wasn't his game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I misread an article about Westbrook. My apologies. I thought it said he averaged 30 shots per game this past year. It actually said he took 300 shots more than anyone in the NBA last year.

Really fun player to watch. I don't see him winning a NBA title. If he couldn't do so with Durant. He definitely isn't with Paul George.

RW would probably not be one of my first 5 players I would pick to start a team but he is a very good player and in the right environment he could certainly win a championship.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC was a 47 win team last year as a one man show. You don't think bringing in PG will have much impact on their success?

If they stay healthy I can definitely see them as a 55-60 win team. Dunno if that means they are good enough to beat the Spurs but they might be able to.

OKC was also a 47 win team that lost in the first round.

I don't see them being good enough to beat SAS or the Warriors and they may not be able to get past the Rockets. They have basically become the Westbrook/KD Thunder, but not as good because KD is better than PG.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24? LOL. You're reaching....

No. I'm pointing out the actual facts. He was a one man show in OKC last year. And he STILL didn't average 25 shots a game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OKC was also a 47 win team that lost in the first round.

I don't see them being good enough to beat SAS or the Warriors and they may not be able to get past the Rockets. They have basically become the Westbrook/KD Thunder, but not as good because KD is better than PG.

Well OKC pretty regularly got past the 2nd round when they had KD.

Of course a lot will depend on how well they do in the regular season. If they have to play the Warriors or Spurs in the 1st round then it will be problematic.

I need to see the Rockets play with the Paul/Harden backcourt. That is far from a given to succeed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are using a small sample size to prove your point. Focusing on a single series, and not even that but 3 games in that one series, as proof of anything is pretty weak reasoning. We had Cavs fans arguing that Kyrie was better than Curry last year because he had a better finals. That is the same kind of reasoning.

No, I'm using the reason KD left. You're trying to expand the debate to include things that aren't being debated and don't ultimately matter.

It's not a small sample size when it's close game after close game, season after season and consistently costs your team games and playoff series.

Again, what does how many assists per game a guy averages matter if he stops passing late in games and it costs his teams those games? The end result is just a loss with pretty assist numbers that are artificial because they don't happen when the game is on the line.

Your evidence for this is lacking. Again, small sample sizes can be used to argue anything.

If you watched the games, you'd know the evidence isn't lacking. It's literally the reason KD left and it's not a small sample size. Not when it's been happening for pretty much his entire career.

Your lack of understanding, doesn't mean a lack of evidence.

It literally can't be made any clearer.