• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I predict the Pacers will win the championship next season w/Oladipo and Sabonis

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not without another significant move.

When they were a 60 win team, they had KD and Ibaka. Oladipo was a good player that did not fit with Russ. Let's not act like they are replacing garbage with Paul George. I think they are going to finish somewhere between 3rd and 5th in the West. I will be surprised if they make the conferences Finals, and I think it is at least possible they get bounced in round 1 depending on who they match up with. That 4-5 series could be brutal.

Yep. Especially if it's OKC-Minny. The Wolves improved themselves a lot.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 is really far off from 25, huh? It's still ball-hog numbers.

It isn't far off.

The guy already conceded his error so I'm not sure what point you are trying to prove here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Randle and a late first is definitely better than Oladipo and Sabonis? Not sure there would be a lot of folks that would agree with that.

It was Randle or Clarkson and both the #27 and #28 picks. And yes, that's better than Oladipo and Sabonis.

The Pacer are being skewered for the trade.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly didn't watch the games then. RW didn't defer to KD. You can't defer to a guy that you're not passing the ball to.

RW was making crazy 1 on 4 or 5 drives to the basket and jacking up 3's when he's not a good 3 point shooter.

I did watch them but I also realize that my memory isn't always reliable when it comes to the details of previous games.

You're welcome. However, your posts show that you don't understand at all.

Indeed.

He left because he knew he wasn't winning a title in OKC because of how Westbrook plays. So no, it's not unreasonable to criticize Westbrook. It's accurate.

Ah gotcha. The reason why the Thunder didn't win a championship isn't because of Lebron James or losing to a 73 win team. It's because of RW. Gotcha.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Randle or Clarkson and both the #27 and #28 picks. And yes, that's better than Oladipo and Sabonis.

The Pacer are being skewered for the trade.

Apparently the Indiana front office disagrees with you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Adams is probably a better defensive fit for the Thunder than Ibaka. Roberson is one of the best defensive players in the league.

What they need is a 3rd shooting option. Not sure if they will have that.

Today he is probably better than Ibaka defensively, but Ibaka was the ideal modern big man defender. He could protect the rim with the best of them, and defend pretty well in space. He also developed a really nice jump shot. Unfortunately though, as his offensive game improved his defense seemed to decline.

Seriously though, Ibaka at his peak (like 2014) was the prototypical big man for today's NBA. His skill set was almost perfect. Skilled enough offensively to play 4, but also a good enough riM Protector to play 5. He is far from it now.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say James still is but it's getting closer.

I will say James is still the most physically gifted, but Durant is the guy I'd rather have right now. He is the biggest mismatch and his proficiency is off the charts.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Russell Westbrook who has made a nice home life in OKC.

Just pointing out it's home to PG when you tried to dog the city of LA. Ad don't hold your breath on RW signing that extension.....he may just wait to see how next season plays out.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say James is still the most physically gifted, but Durant is the guy I'd rather have right now. He is the biggest mismatch and his proficiency is off the charts.

James had the better Finals but KD had the better team around him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are down on this trade because of how it affects the Lakers? That makes sense.

Now you're just embarrassing yourself. The Lakers are in the same position they were when he was in Indy. He's on an expiring contract, in a small market, with a non-contending team and says he prefers to go to the Lakers. Could he fall in love with OKC and change his mind? Absolutely. But there seems to be less chance of that than if he had ended up in Boston with Hayward. That one scared me.

I also said that the Celtics and Cavs offers were better than what the Pacers got. I'm down on the trade because it's a stupid trade and the Pacers could have gotten a lot more than they did. It has nothing to do with the Lakers.

I'll take the Lakers situation over the Pacers because the Lakers have good young talent, are headed in the right direction and appear to have an actual plan in place. Something that couldn't be said for about the previous 4 years. The Pacers are pretty rudderless right now.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pointing out it's home to PG when you tried to dog the city of LA. Ad don't hold your breath on RW signing that extension.....he may just wait to see how next season plays out.

I'll be shocked if RW doesn't sign it. Not dogging LA, I've been there many times. Blake Griffin was born in raised in OKC and he seems to like it there alright.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bird was still in Pritchard's ear as a consultant and didn't want to help out Magic. All the other offers were better than what they settled for......this pretty much can't be argued.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be shocked if RW doesn't sign it. Not dogging LA, I've been there many times. Blake Griffin was born in raised in OKC and he seems to like it there alright.

"And that's a good thing" pretty much is slapping LA in the face.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah gotcha. The reason why the Thunder didn't win a championship isn't because of Lebron James or losing to a 73 win team. It's because of RW. Gotcha.

The Thunder had a 3-1 lead on that 73 win team. Then Westbrook started playing hero ball late in games, they lost and KD left because of it. So, not that difficult to grasp. At least not for most.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW would probably not be one of my first 5 players I would pick to start a team but he is a very good player and in the right environment he could certainly win a championship.

I agree he is a very good player. In today's NBA, there are a handful of players who I'd consider stars but I don't think will ever win a championship. Westbrook is one of them. Carmelo Anthony. DeMarcus Cousins, just to name a few.

All great players. All top 25 players. All would have to change the way they play the game if they want to win a championship or have a shot, IMO.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, they took Oladipo and Sabonis over what the Celtics and Cavs both offered and both of their offers were not only better than what they got from OKC, they were also better than what the Lakers offered.

So, apparently Indy's front office disagreeing isn't a bad thing.

Especially since they are being skewered by pretty much everyone over this trade.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today he is probably better than Ibaka defensively, but Ibaka was the ideal modern big man defender. He could protect the rim with the best of them, and defend pretty well in space. He also developed a really nice jump shot. Unfortunately though, as his offensive game improved his defense seemed to decline.

Seriously though, Ibaka at his peak (like 2014) was the prototypical big man for today's NBA. His skill set was almost perfect. Skilled enough offensively to play 4, but also a good enough riM Protector to play 5. He is far from it now.

Ibaka at one time was a great 4 on the defensive end. His failure to ever develop a power game on the offensive end really hurt the Thunder though and is one of the reason he was ultimately shipped off. He straight up got lazy on defense his last couple years in OKC, you could count on him to play defense about every third game. All in all he was a disappointment in OKC because the Thunder really thought he could be a Horace Grant type player.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're just embarrassing yourself. The Lakers are in the same position they were when he was in Indy. He's on an expiring contract, in a small market, with a non-contending team and says he prefers to go to the Lakers. Could he fall in love with OKC and change his mind? Absolutely. But there seems to be less chance of that than if he had ended up in Boston with Hayward. That one scared me.

OK.
I also said that the Celtics and Cavs offers were better than what the Pacers got. I'm down on the trade because it's a stupid trade and the Pacers could have gotten a lot more than they did. It has nothing to do with the Lakers.

I don't think Kevin Love is a good trade for the Pacers. He's too old.

I'll take the Lakers situation over the Pacers because the Lakers have good young talent, are headed in the right direction and appear to have an actual plan in place. Something that couldn't be said for about the previous 4 years. The Pacers are pretty rudderless right now.

I would probably take the Lakers situation over the Pacers as well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they took Oladipo and Sabonis over what the Celtics and Cavs both offered and both of their offers were not only better than what they got from OKC, they were also better than what the Lakers offered.

So, apparently Indy's front office disagreeing isn't a bad thing.

Especially since they are being skewered by pretty much everyone over this trade.

I don't know what the Celtics actually offered.