• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I predict the Pacers will win the championship next season w/Oladipo and Sabonis

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder had a 3-1 lead on that 73 win team. Then Westbrook started playing hero ball late in games, they lost and KD left because of it. So, not that difficult to grasp. At least not for most.

Again, you are placing all the blame on Westbrook.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kevin Love is a good trade for the Pacers. He's too old.

He's 28. Only 1 year older than PG. He's got a good 3-4 years of his prime left. Maybe longer since he doesn't rely on athleticism.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you are placing all the blame on Westbrook.

Not really. I've also said that it's on KD for not demanding the ball. Westbrook is who he is and he's going to do what he does. He's like Kobe in that way.

The difference was, Kobe played for a coach in Phil Jackson, who was able to impress upon him that he needed to share the ball to win rings.

Westbrook has never had a coach or a teammate who was willing to call him out and demand that he pass the ball. That part isn't on him.

But at the end of the day, when the game is on the line and you don't pass the ball, make crazy drives to the basket, take stupid shots, turn the ball over a lot and your team loses...it's on you more than anyone else. Especially when you're the point guard and tasked with running the offense.

I said the same things about Kobe when he was doing what Westbrook does.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder had a 3-1 lead on that 73 win team. Then Westbrook started playing hero ball late in games, they lost and KD left because of it. So, not that difficult to grasp. At least not for most.

Don't think it was just Westbrook. Durant was God awful.

Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant said his team must turn the page after its Game 6 collapse against the defending NBA champion Golden State Warriors.

"If we walk in here like it's a funeral, then we already lost," Durant said of Sunday's practice, via Anthony Slater of the Oklahoman. "Nobody walked in like that."

The Thunder held an 83-75 lead heading into the fourth quarter and were ahead most of the period before falling apart. They made only one field goal in the final five minutes, which came off an Andre Roberson offensive rebound. Durant and Russell Westbrook combined for four missed shots and six turnovers in that stretch and finished the quarter 3-of-14.

"On the offensive end, you don't have to worry about me because I'm a professional scorer," Durant told reporters regarding his poor shooting night. "And I know how I've been doing this for so long. I'm not saying I'm going to have a great game every night or I'm going to shoot well every night, but I tend to figure things out on the offensive end."

The Warriors came back with a three-point barrage led by Klay Thompson and Stephen Curry, and the former set an NBA playoff record with 11 threes. Golden State outscored Oklahoma City 19-5 over the final five minutes to keep its season alive.

"We can't feel sorry for ourselves," Durant said, via Slater, "because [the Warriors] aren't going to feel sorry for us. Whoever is covering the game, fans—nobody's feeling sorry for us. It's just a part of basketball. Guys walked in here real confident. We were upset we lost, but we let that go. We gotta get ready for Game 7."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think it was just Westbrook. Durant was God awful.

No doubt they were both bad. But they built that 3-1 with Westbrook and KD playing well and sharing the ball. Things went to shit when Westbrook forgot KD (or anyone else for that matter) was on the team.

Probably doesn't seem like it, but I love Westbrook. What he did to help them get that 3-1 lead and what he did this past season to lead his team and win MVP, are why I love watching him play.

However, things like what he did when the Thunder blew that lead are why I like watching him play for someone else.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I've also said that it's on KD for not demanding the ball. Westbrook is who he is and he's going to do what he does. He's like Kobe in that way.

The difference was, Kobe played for a coach in Phil Jackson, who was able to impress upon him that he needed to share the ball to win rings.

Westbrook has never had a coach or a teammate who was willing to call him out and demand that he pass the ball. That part isn't on him.

But at the end of the day, when the game is on the line and you don't pass the ball, make crazy drives to the basket, take stupid shots, turn the ball over a lot and your team loses...it's on you more than anyone else. Especially when you're the point guard and tasked with running the offense.

I said the same things about Kobe when he was doing what Westbrook does.

Nothing you say about Westbrook can change what Durant shot in games 5 and 6. He got his chances and then some. They both f'd up, no question about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing you say about Westbrook can change what Durant shot in games 5 and 6. He got his chances and then some. They both f'd up, no question about it.

I agree that they both f'd up. But Westbrook is the point guard and it was his responsibility to move the ball around. Late in games, he didn't do that.

Would it have made a difference? Maybe KD heats up enough to make the difference? Maybe the ball movement leads to open shots for Westbrook and he gets going? Maybe someone else steps up and gets hot?

We'll never know because there was no ball movement. Just lots of Westbrook misses and turnovers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibaka at one time was a great 4 on the defensive end. His failure to ever develop a power game on the offensive end really hurt the Thunder though and is one of the reason he was ultimately shipped off. He straight up got lazy on defense his last couple years in OKC, you could count on him to play defense about every third game. All in all he was a disappointment in OKC because the Thunder really thought he could be a Horace Grant type player.

He definitely got lazy defensively. I agree with that 100%.

I couldn't disagree more on the offensive end. He never needed to develop a power game. His ability to space the floor is far more valuable, and OKC really missed his shooting last year. A power post up game simply isn't needed anymore.

A Friend of mine has a number of NBA connections and actually got some inside info from a player close to Ibaka. His defense originally got him on the court, but he realized pretty early on that it is offense that gets you paid. He really focused most of his energy on the offensive end during his last couple OKC seasons, and it showed in his play. It was a conscious choice by Serge to do what he thought would bring him the biggest payday. I don't think his logic was correct, but that is why you saw the shift in his game.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give it up to Ibaka for developing a jump shot, I remember Scott Brooks saying with a straight face that there were a lot of practices where he was the best shooter on the floor. I just think that the Thunder needed more toughness from him on the offensive end and they never got it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be shocked if RW doesn't sign it. Not dogging LA, I've been there many times. Blake Griffin was born in raised in OKC and he seems to like it there alright.

quite honestly...

I was almost certain that's where he'd end up, then he went and signed that deal with the Clips...

obviously it was all about the money...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really.:L

But, hopefully the 2017-18 group will enjoy being around one another unlike this past season's team. And, as always...
Fire McMillan.:suds::yahoo:

Hire Stackhouse. BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!

All things considered, Sam Presti is a fucking genius ain't he? The same haul he nabbed to fleece Orlando with for Ibaka was later used for George, while teams in the east with the exception of Charlotte and Miami are generally committed to going young and preparing for life after LeBron James.

Poor Lakers.:bawling:

First: I thought you said you was going to quit trolling the message boards. You even went so far to have Trojanfan12 remove past trolling threads

Second: Rumors have already surfaced that Paul George still wants to sign with the Lakers in 2018 - This information came after the trade.

Third: What did Indiana get out that trade again?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was with you until the last sentence.

You think OKC can keep him?
Only if they make him a deal that he can't refuse.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quite honestly...

I was almost certain that's where he'd end up, then he went and signed that deal with the Clips...

obviously it was all about the money...
giphy.gif

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete failure by the Pacers. I just dont understand why they did not take Dannys offer at the trade deadline. Pacers rebuild a good 5 to 8 years now, maybe longer. Indy fans got to be pissed

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely got lazy defensively. I agree with that 100%.

I couldn't disagree more on the offensive end. He never needed to develop a power game. His ability to space the floor is far more valuable, and OKC really missed his shooting last year. A power post up game simply isn't needed anymore.

A Friend of mine has a number of NBA connections and actually got some inside info from a player close to Ibaka. His defense originally got him on the court, but he realized pretty early on that it is offense that gets you paid. He really focused most of his energy on the offensive end during his last couple OKC seasons, and it showed in his play. It was a conscious choice by Serge to do what he thought would bring him the biggest payday. I don't think his logic was correct, but that is why you saw the shift in his game.

It would help his game if he didn't have skillets for hands.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that @tlance never got back to me regarding Pacers coaches. Let me break it down even further simply because I could...

Ever since Bird resigned following our 2000 Finals appearance, the Pacers have always either hired either someone within the organization or someone else's castoff. Let's look at the list:
  • Isiah Thomas - Retread of the Raptors organization
  • Rick Carlisle - A former assistant under Bird. To his credit, he later won a title with the Mavs after he left the Pacers. But, Carlisle's downfall in Indiana was his unwillingness to push the pace and as well as an inability to hold players accountable at the time.
  • Jim O'Brien - Retread of both the Celtics and Sixers
  • Frank Vogel - Former assistant under O'Brien
  • Nate McMillan - Former assistant under Vogel and retread of the Blazers
Vogel's teams were consistently among the worst teams in the NBA in terms of offensive production, and it took him a single year...One year, after he was let go by the Pacers he had helped get his GM fired in Orlando. The writing is in the pudding - Vogel is not a good NBA head coach.

What the Pacers need is a young, energetic coach from outside the organization. Stack fits the bill. He won COY and the D-League championship in his first season as HC at any level this past season...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's problem. Basically, when it comes to sharing the ball, Westbrook is Kobe without Kobe's basketball I.Q. or his perimeter shot.

Wow you really do have a hidden hatred about Westbrook don't you?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Pretty much every other reported offer the Pacers got was better than what the Pacers accepted.

As for the Lakers, the Pacers sent George to virtually the same situation he was in with Indy and wanted to leave.

A small town team that's good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to get past the 1st or 2nd round and not close to contending.

If they weren't getting him in a trade, this is about as good as it gets for the Lakers hopes of getting him next off-season.

George now joins with one of the league's best players (Westbrook) and GMs (Presti). If he's not happy there I'll go out on a limb and say he won't be happy anywhere. Losing Gibson may hurt their defense a bit, but I bet they win at least 50 games and maybe even 55. They won 47 last year in a tough conference and just added a legit #2 option.