• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope Michael Sam flames out in the NFL

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Much like the misuse of an apostrophe in your signature I'm choosing to believe this is some sort of low IQ/willfully dense schtick and not what you actually believe is right.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like the misuse of an apostrophe in your signature I'm choosing to believe this is some sort of low IQ/willfully dense schtick and not what you actually believe is right.

Dear God, you're a piece of work ain't ya? Sig has changed and the original was modified by my iPhone. Is that what you're basing your absurd argument off?! Lol, okay, go with that one. Any idiotic response is as good as the next I guess. What does "whysies" mean again? :lol:

Seems like it's a legit word and all. Haha, go away clown. This is adult time.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, going to bed, whysies. Next time you want to pretend haughtiness, make sure you know who you're talking to. See ya on the boards, whysies. :suds:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I could care less what Michael Sam does or doesn't do. I will say making a team as a 7th round pick is difficult enough with out trying to do an Oprah documentary. Also I thought I saw on ESPN maybe that he was pushing back the filming so he could focus on football but I might be wrong.

SDPaddlefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,390.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a longtime Rams fan, I was ok with the selection at first. I thought that it was a good value pick.

But then ESPN showed the planned, choreographed cake incident. This revealed that Sam is either a person who is easily manipulated by his handlers (or those around him who have a not so hidden agenda) or that he is a rather cartoonish stereotypical gay, or both. Either way, it showed poor judgment on Sam's part (not to mention ESPN's part, but ESPN clearly isn't hiding its agenda when it comes to promoting the gay culture).

Then the news about the documentary came out, which gave rise to a whole new set of questions. Why didn't Sam reveal that he had signed up for this documentary before he was drafted? And what is Sam's (and the documentary makers') real purpose and agenda with regard to this documentary? This news gave his Rams teammates, as well as the Rams organization itself, notice that they were going to be walking on eggshells when dealing with Sam and that the smallest perceived slight would probably show up on TV. This, of course, would make it more difficult for the Rams to cut Sam if he didn't measure up as a football player as well as hurt the player/person involved in the perceived slight. Who knows how Sam and the documentary makers would choose to portray the other rookies and free agents competing with him to make the Rams squad?

This does not appear to be the type of person you would want on your team or as a teammate, regardless of whether he's gay or not. If I was on the Rams, I know that I wouldn't trust Sam and would go out of my way to avoid him to the greatest extent possible at training camp.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, it's a good thing that ALL 23 year olds are so adept at making decisions in their lives. They always make perfect choices and nothing ever goes wrong.

Oh wait, that's a fucking stupid thing to say.

23 year olds are idiots. Most just aren't idiots nationally while trying to be a role model to a whole, large segment of the USA. That solves the Michael Sam inconsistencies.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for capitalism. Go make your money. But don't go around insisting that you're just like everyone else and want to be treated like everyone else when you're a 7th round pick with 'Stand with Sam' pins and on the cusp of being a reality TV star. He's trying to use the fact that he's gay to make money, but doesn't want to be looked at as a gay football player. Which is it?

idk if he's trying, but I agree he's embracing it, and on that level it does run against the grain of what he said about about just wanting to be another football player, but that was nearly impossible imo.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what he said:

"I just wish you guys would just see me as Michael Sam the football player instead of Michael Sam the gay football player," Sam said.

He said that months ago, in his first major national interview. Before he was national news. His world has changed a bit since then.

I find it possible that he still WISHES it were true. But his wishes do not make it reality. So with the knowledge that he cannot be anything but the gay football player; he uses the platform it gives him to spread his story to help be a role model for those that view him as one.

There are a lot of wishes of mine that can never be...it doesn't make me a hypocrite if I choose to live in the real world.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what he said:

"I just wish you guys would just see me as Michael Sam the football player instead of Michael Sam the gay football player," Sam said.

He said that months ago, in his first major national interview. Before he was national news. His world has changed a bit since then.

I find it possible that he still WISHES it were true. But his wishes do not make it reality. So with the knowledge that he cannot be anything but the gay football player; he uses the platform it gives him to spread his story to help be a role model for those that view him as one.

There are a lot of wishes of mine that can never be...it doesn't make me a hypocrite if I choose to live in the real world.

He should donate the money to a charity against bullying or something.

Maybe not. He can keep the money, just saying it would be helpful and unprofitting.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a longtime Rams fan, I was ok with the selection at first. I thought that it was a good value pick.

But then ESPN showed the planned, choreographed cake incident. This revealed that Sam is either a person who is easily manipulated by his handlers (or those around him who have a not so hidden agenda) or that he is a rather cartoonish stereotypical gay, or both. Either way, it showed poor judgment on Sam's part (not to mention ESPN's part, but ESPN clearly isn't hiding its agenda when it comes to promoting the gay culture).

Then the news about the documentary came out, which gave rise to a whole new set of questions. Why didn't Sam reveal that he had signed up for this documentary before he was drafted? And what is Sam's (and the documentary makers') real purpose and agenda with regard to this documentary? This news gave his Rams teammates, as well as the Rams organization itself, notice that they were going to be walking on eggshells when dealing with Sam and that the smallest perceived slight would probably show up on TV. This, of course, would make it more difficult for the Rams to cut Sam if he didn't measure up as a football player as well as hurt the player/person involved in the perceived slight. Who knows how Sam and the documentary makers would choose to portray the other rookies and free agents competing with him to make the Rams squad?

This does not appear to be the type of person you would want on your team or as a teammate, regardless of whether he's gay or not. If I was on the Rams, I know that I wouldn't trust Sam and would go out of my way to avoid him to the greatest extent possible at training camp.

:agree:

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, going to bed, whysies. Next time you want to pretend haughtiness, make sure you know who you're talking to. See ya on the boards, whysies. :suds:

I was just kidding about the sig, I just wanted to give you crap because the apostrophe error was kind of tilting.

I do think what you said yesterday was pretty dumb though.

And don't threaten people on the Internet bro, that's stupid. Your aggrotard schtick doesn't scare anyone, none of this really matters. You're just a rando loser with bad opinions like the rest of us, so get off your high E-horse. :suds:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what he said:

Personally I think he should be trying to make the team and not worrying about a documentary. If he were a high pick with a roster spot all but assured then it would be a different story, but he's a 7th round pick and in three years only 33% of the 7th rounders drafted in 2014 will play in the NFL.

Bison645

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i care about, is that Michael Sam plays for the Rams. Therefore, I hope he sucks.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I could care less what Michael Sam does or doesn't do. I will say making a team as a 7th round pick is difficult enough with out trying to do an Oprah documentary. Also I thought I saw on ESPN maybe that he was pushing back the filming so he could focus on football but I might be wrong.

But why do you care so much?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why do you care so much?

I don't really I think it would be in any players best interest to focus on football when they are a 7th round pick. If he want's to do a documentary it's his choice. He'll do more on the team than on the street.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really I think it would be in any players best interest to focus on football when they are a 7th round pick. If he want's to do a documentary it's his choice. He'll do more on the team than on the street.

I think he was more poking fun at your incorrect use of the common phrase "I COULDN'T care less." By you saying you COULD care less, he was doing what he does best...which is be an asshole.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was more poking fun at your incorrect use of the common phrase "I COULDN'T care less." By you saying you COULD care less, he was doing what he does best...which is be an asshole.

To each his own, sad way to live your life.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Dungy: I wouldn’t have taken Michael Sam

Tony Dungy Explains Why He Wouldn't Have Drafted Michael Sam

(per the PFF article)
And that’s where Dungy’s comments become troubling. If everyone refused to hire minorities because it could cause a distraction, no minority group would ever make any progress. Dungy has praised the late Chuck Noll for adding Dungy to the Steelers’ coaching staff in 1981, at a time when most NFL teams didn’t have any African-American assistant coaches. What if Noll had declined to hire Dungy because he worried that some of the white assistant coaches would have a problem with a black colleague?

:pop2:

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the media circus that Sam is sure to bring to town, I wouldn't have drafted him either. But I wouldn't say that if I were in Dungy's position.