• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope Michael Sam flames out in the NFL

waca1791

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm sorry, but this thread is an embarrassment. Can we please lock or end this?

(I haven't read the entire thread, but if it's true people are invoking the bible... stop. As a theology scholar, there is a difference between old testament, new testament, Jesus, and Paul's letters)

the only difference between the old testament, new testament, Jesus and Paul's letters were the times in which they were written. This idea isn't original to me. The new testament (Luke 24:27), Jesus Himself (John 5:39) and Paul(2Timothy3:16-17) agree that "the scriptures" are a cohesive message. The "scriptures" referenced is the old testament. I am not a scholar but I do (Acts 17:11) study and believe "the scriptures" all of It.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but this thread is an embarrassment. Can we please lock or end this?

(I haven't read the entire thread, but if it's true people are invoking the bible... stop. As a theology scholar, there is a difference between old testament, new testament, Jesus, and Paul's letters)

Only because of the never ending struggle for the Christian to justify his absurd beliefs.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What version of the Bible do you read? It sounds like you have not read Paul's Letters at all

He said in the post you quoted that he effectively ignores Paul's letters. Everyone reads the Bible selectively - or at least abides by it selectively. At least everyone I've met to date. He seems to opt primarily for what's presented in the gospels.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the majority are upset over his contradiction.... saying he doesn't want to be known as an openly gay football player but looks like now he is exploiting or cashing in due to his sexual orientation than football itself...

The majority were pissed BEFORE this documentary was announced.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michael Sam came out of the closet nationally months ago.
Michael Sam was drafted on Saturday.
His celebration caused an uproar.
The documentary was announced AFTER he was drafted.

I'm pretty sure MOST people's opinion on Sam was locked from the get go. Then the kiss cemented some more opinions. Then the documentary came out.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Sam came out of the closet nationally months ago.
Michael Sam was drafted on Saturday.
His celebration caused an uproar.
The documentary was announced AFTER he was drafted.

I'm pretty sure MOST people's opinion on Sam was locked from the get go. Then the kiss cemented some more opinions. Then the documentary came out.

Even people that were initially defending him are now saying he's being a hypocrite and backing away from their blind support of him. Not because he's gay but because he's full of dick...err I mean shit.

Maybe his handlers are giving him bad advice. Who knows.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUST for the sake of curiosity, boredom and clarity (I've never heard anyone take your position before) and the fact that it's May...

Nay on Paul's letters.

Yea or nay on Peter's, James' & John's?

No explanation is necessary; just asking.

I'd rather concede than argue. I apologize for talking.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this uproar over the possibility of him doing a documentary is ridiculous. Maybe he did start out thinking that he wasn't going to do anything like this, but people are allowed to change their minds. Have none of us here changed his/her mind when an opportunity presented itself? Is there something in Michael Sam's contract that prohibits him from doing a show with Oprah? Are people upset that a show will highlight that he is a gay football player? I think that ship has sailed already.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ You've completely missed the point. When he says "I want to be talked about as a football player, not a gay football player;" you really shouldn't go out and have a documentary made about your life as a gay football player. You can't say that isn't what it would be about, because 7th rounders don't have documentaries made about their struggles as a rookie player in the NFL.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ You've completely missed the point. When he says "I want to be talked about as a football player, not a gay football player;" you really shouldn't go out and have a documentary made about your life as a gay football player. You can't say that isn't what it would be about, because 7th rounders don't have documentaries made about their struggles as a rookie player in the NFL.

And I said people are free to change their minds.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, he apparently wants to be known as a gay football player now, considering how he kissed his boyfriend during the draft broadcast.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I suppose if you interpret his words to have meant that he never wanted it mentioned or shown that he was gay, then you could say it's hypocrisy. However, let's be real. He was always going to be known as a gay football player no matter what he did. Even if he never said another word about it, people would never forget.

And if he changed his mind about how much he wants to let the media into his personal life, so what? Why do people have their panties in a bunch over it?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose if you interpret his words to have meant that he never wanted it mentioned or shown that he was gay, then you could say it's hypocrisy. However, let's be real. He was always going to be known as a gay football player no matter what he did. Even if he never said another word about it, people would never forget.

And if he changed his mind about how much he wants to let the media into his personal life, so what? Why do people have their panties in a bunch over it?

He didn't change his mind, Robo, that's silly. If he truly didn't want it to be an issue to begin with he would have never "come out." He didn't really have to, did he? He could have done the whole rookie thing and as long as he was just being himself it wouldn't be difficult to tell. The guy has a boyfriend ya know? No need to tell the world unless you're seeking attention. :2cents:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't change his mind, Robo, that's silly. If he truly didn't want it to be an issue to begin with he would have never "come out." He didn't really have to, did he? He could have done the whole rookie thing and as long as he was just being himself it wouldn't be difficult to tell. The guy has a boyfriend ya know? No need to tell the world unless you're seeking attention. :2cents:

And so he's publicizing it. I don't care. He's certainly free to talk about it.