• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope Michael Sam flames out in the NFL

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No "fear, huh?

fear.png

What's that? The definition of fear includes people, places, or things that an individual or group deems "threatening?"

But.... golly... that would mean that many people are homophobic because of the belief that gay marriage threatens "traditional" marriage, or that people on the border are xenophobic because they believe undocumented immigrants threaten America's economy and job-scape!

Jeez, I sure hope anti immigration idealists don't think it would set a dangerous precedent to allow those kids on the border to stay in America, because I sure wouldn't want anyone to feel any unsubstantiated fear, seeing as net immigration has been at zero over the past 4 years. I especially wouldn't want anyone to feel embarrassed that they've been swindled by propaganda that has lead them to hold irrational worries about undocumented Latinos, when in reality Latino immigration has been sharply declining, while Asian immigration has crept upward to the point of becoming the largest stream of new immigrants entering the U.S.

By golly, I wouldn't want anyone to feel silly.... which is why I'm glad that Conservatives can never be wrong. :yahoo:
I'm glad your head is so far up your ass I don't have to look at your ugly puss, but I'm not scared to...........just so you know.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is shit talking before a football game "discriminating" against Seahawk fans?

I said like 6 times I was referring to the context of his NFL career. I know people don't like the guy; I'm one of them. But cry me a f'ing river. Not everyone's gonna like you.

I like to actually use a reliable source to back up what I'm saying instead of just making up my own definition for things. So let's take a look at the definition again together:

"treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit"

Talking shit to Seahawk fans just because they're Seahawk fans is making a distinction against them based on the group they associate themselves with, and not based on their individual merit. So yes, I would say that this is discrimination based on the definition provided above. I don't consider think this is anywhere near as harmful as other forms of discrimination, but it still fits the definition, so yes. I consider that a form of discrimination.

Now that I've answered your question, I'd again like to bring attention to your statement:

"Some people on twitter called him names. That's not discrimination; that's name calling. Those people have no effect on his NFL career."

To me, it clearly seems as though you're using the word "discrimination" incorrectly. Sure, I understand that you're intending for it to be regarding his career, but I don't understand where you came up with this definition.

Do you have any basis at all for that distinction in this definition of yours? Or is this just another case of you not liking dictionary definitions and doing your own thing? Perhaps it's another liberal conspiracy?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm glad your head is so far up your ass I don't have to look at your ugly puss, but I'm not scared to...........just so you know.

This guy comes out of nowhere and makes personal attacks. I hope the mods are watching.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No "fear, huh?

fear.png

What's that? The definition of fear includes people, places, or things that an individual or group deems "threatening?"

But.... golly... that would mean that many people are homophobic because of the belief that gay marriage threatens "traditional" marriage, or that people on the border are xenophobic because they believe undocumented immigrants threaten America's economy and job-scape!

Jeez, I sure hope anti immigration idealists don't think it would set a dangerous precedent to allow those kids on the border to stay in America, because I sure wouldn't want anyone to feel any unsubstantiated fear, seeing as net immigration has been at zero over the past 4 years. I especially wouldn't want anyone to feel embarrassed that they've been swindled by propaganda that has lead them to hold irrational worries about undocumented Latinos, when in reality Latino immigration has been sharply declining, while Asian immigration has crept upward to the point of becoming the largest stream of new immigrants entering the U.S.

By golly, I wouldn't want anyone to feel silly.... which is why I'm glad that Conservatives can never be wrong. :yahoo:

It's not immigration, it's ILLEGAL immigration. You can immigrate to this country all you want, legally. Your country is shit because its lawless. Don't make our country that way. If you want to be an American prove it by going through the right channels. Damn this isn't hard to understand.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's not immigration, it's ILLEGAL immigration. You can immigrate to this country all you want, legally. Your country is shit because its lawless. Don't make our country that way. If you want to be an American prove it by going through the right channels. Damn this isn't hard to understand.

And I would like to add that you are not a compassionate person because you support forcing other people spending their money to support people from poor countries. You're compassionate if you spend your own money to help them.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
And I would like to add that you are not a compassionate person because you support other people spending their money to support people from poor countries. You're compassionate if you spend your own money to help them.

I must have missed something....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I must have missed something....

People who support illegal immigration always say they're "compassionate," and people who are against it are "xenophobic." But those compassionate people aren't doing a damn thing to help anyone; they're just saying everyone else should have to support them through taxes / borrowing.

"I'm compassionate because I support heaping a bunch of debt onto generations to follow in order to help people who are breaking the law."

And the US already sends Billions in aid to most of these countries (all borrowed).

Last edited by a moderator:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, I forced myself to listen to the entirety of "We didn't start the fire" by Billy Joel, if that's not one of the dumbest songs ever I don't know what is.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
People who support illegal immigration always say they're "compassionate," and people who are against it are "xenophobic." But those compassionate people aren't doing a damn thing to help anyone; they're just saying everyone else should have to support them through taxes / borrowing.

My favorite line is "you have to pay taxes to help people out. Isn't that the bible says?" And then I look at them and laugh. Forced charity is not charity. Charity is not something you brag about. Charity is something you should do to help a person or family in need and truly mean it. Not say you are compassionate because you pay taxes and and don't complain. That makes you a lemming

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
On a related note, I forced myself to listen to the entirety of "We didn't start the fire" by Billy Joel, if that's not one of the dumbest songs ever I don't know what is.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

:lol: Didn't see that one coming. Yes, quite a weird song.

No disrespect to Billy Joel though. He has skillz. Not exactly my cup of tea, but he can play.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
:lol: Didn't see that one coming. Yes, quite a weird song.

No disrespect to Billy Joel though. He has skillz. Not exactly my cup of tea, but he can play.

Thank you for this post. There are certain types of music that I don't care for, but that doesn't mean i cant respect the truly talented artist that preform in those styles.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My favorite line is "you have to pay taxes to help people out. Isn't that the bible says?" And then I look at them and laugh. Forced charity is not charity. Charity is not something you brag about. Charity is something you should do to help a person or family in need and truly mean it. Not say you are compassionate because you pay taxes and and don't complain. That makes you a lemming

They should read what it says about debt too.

Despite what Jim Carrey movies might suggest, saying yes to everyone and everything doesn't make you compassionate; it makes you a tool. And a bad parent if you have kids.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They should read what it says about debt too.

Despite what Jim Carrey movies might suggest, saying yes to everyone and everything doesn't make you compassionate; it makes you a tool. And a bad parent if you have kids.

"the borrower is slave to the lender". Ohh how evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's true, but how dare you say that!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read her quotes and how she handled things and this is the attitude I think a lot of people feel Sam should have had. She said she didn't hide it nor tell people about it, she just dated the woman she did. She didn't make controversial comments like the NBA not hiring her if she were openly gay and didn't have a big coming out (this to me is a wedding announcement not a homosexual announcement).

Didn't really mind Sam, just saying that I think Palmer handled it well in a way others wouldn't have had an issue if Sam had done the same.

Violet Palmer, NBA referee, to marry longtime partner - ESPN

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read through a few pages of this thread and as a newb here I'm not sure I'm proud to share the space with some of you.