• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2018 season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well back to the Roses to get pummeled by tOSU....

Yeah tOsu fans talking already
That's just ATF being his normal retarded self.

First, it is likely that game feels like a let down for them considering their expectations. And it won't help that it is a 3 loss team from a conf they don't respect. How amped do you expect their team to be for that match up?

Then add in that some of their kids will likely sit out pending the draft and they will likely be a bit short handed in key roles.

UW also had much higher goals before the season started, but they are so past that now. Winning the conf and reaching the RB is huge for those seniors and this program. There is no chance they aren't fully up for it. I really don't expect anyone to sit out and they now have a month to get healthy and finish tuning this offense after the return of some of their injured.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well back to the Roses to get pummeled by tOSU....

Yeah tOsu fans talking already

I honestly think OSU is a better match up for us than Michigan. Not looking for a moral victory, but I’m not worried about the team getting embarrassed or anything. Show me one game you’d call a blowout (against us) since Petersen’s been here. Alabama didn’t blow them out of the stadium, Penn State, who had a way better defense than this year’s OSU, didn’t, even after absolutely dominating the first half. This year’s overrated OSU won’t either.

My concern is, we need to win. The senior class deserves it, and beyond that we just need a big out of conference win. Not being able to kick field goals and cover punts is what I think will really bite us in a big game against a top team.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that is what I've been saying Petersen teams haven't been blown out,

I expect this coaching staff to take the next four weeks and prepare for every thing tOSU has on tape.
I said it earlier in the week this senior class has a chance to go out and shut the nay sayer's up for good!

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, any of you dudes planning on being at the Rose Bowl?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the special teams, they had that one blocked FG last night, ( shitty blocking up front) but the kid hasn't missed since Oregon, of course Pete's a little cautious on when he'll let him kick.
But punt coverage and kick off have been a little better..

After the Dawgs scored the first FG last night and they kicked off to Utah, I swear to god I thought the returner for Utah fair caught it on the goal line.. I ran it back and watched it again, sure enough he was on the goal line, then I figured it was a delay in the video cause they didn't review it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, any of you dudes planning on being at the Rose Bowl?

We just cancelled our Maui trip since the boys have off season training starting up, but I'm going to look into maybe flying out NYE and doing a quick turn around down there to see the game in person...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the special teams, they had that one blocked FG last night, ( shitty blocking up front) but the kid hasn't missed since Oregon, of course Pete's a little cautious on when he'll let him kick.
But punt coverage and kick off have been a little better..

After the Dawgs scored the first FG last night and they kicked off to Utah, I swear to god I thought the returner for Utah fair caught it on the goal line.. I ran it back and watched it again, sure enough he was on the goal line, then I figured it was a delay in the video cause they didn't review it.
He called a fair catch. You can do that now and it counts as a touchback even out of the end zone, if that’s what you mean.

There looked like there was some penetration on the block, but rewatch it, the guy who blocked it was at the line, he drilled a 36 yard chip shot low and a fat lineman with no hops got a good chunk of it. As far as not missing, clearly somethings going on in practice, if Petersen isn’t putting him out there for anything more than a 38 yarder, there’s clearly no confidence there.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone knows anything about ticket information for the Rose Bowl, let me know.

I didn't get season tickets this year, but I know a bunch of people who did who would sell their ticket to me. I'm not sure what the process is like for this tbh. I also have some grad student friends who have Dawg Pack tickets I could possibly get. Wondering how I should go about finding a ticket.

I have a free place to stay and flights aren't too bad, so depending on the ticket price I'd probably go.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be home watching this one. Already getting jazzed up to see them play OSU.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm highly considering it.

Flights aren't too bad.

Depends on how much I'd have to drop for a ticket.

I found a package deal for about $2900 per person...
I just want to fly in hit the game party then flight out the next day
Wife on the other hand wants to do the damn parade, :L
Im not going to watch a damn parade!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't really even think about going to the parade lol.

$2900 per person? Fuck that lol. I can find a round trip flight for $250-$300 and I have multiple friends I can stay with down there for free. The only variable at this point would be the ticket price.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those packages include everything though (or should if you’re not looking at a scam). Charter flight, hotel, passes to pregame shit and other functions. Not terrible deals if you’re into the whole thing.

If you just want to fly in for the game and not make a whole thing of it, you can obviously do better.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those packages include everything though (or should if you’re not looking at a scam). Charter flight, hotel, passes to pregame shit and other functions. Not terrible deals if you’re into the whole thing.

If you just want to fly in for the game and not make a whole thing of it, you can obviously do better.

Even then, IMO you pay a premium for those things mostly because it saves you the time of having to figure it all out yourself.

I just got my flight for Dec. 31 - Jan. 3 for $270 round trip. It's a fucking awful flight with a 6 hour layover in Sacramento, but oh well. My friend said the Dawg Pack ticket was $160 which isn't awful. I have a bad feeling I'll regret jumping on that, but we'll see.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even then, IMO you pay a premium for those things mostly because it saves you the time of having to figure it all out yourself.

I just got my flight for Dec. 31 - Jan. 3 for $270 round trip. It's a fucking awful flight with a 6 hour layover in Sacramento, but oh well. My friend said the Dawg Pack ticket was $160 which isn't awful. I have a bad feeling I'll regret jumping on that, but we'll see.
Not knocking doing it that way at all. Just saying once you consider everything you get, the price isn’t that crazy. You are paying a premium, you can do better even getting a nice hotel and a comfortable flight, but there’s clearly a lot of people who don’t mind the premium price for an all fan charter flight and getting to do all the VIP functions.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not knocking doing it that way at all. Just saying once you consider everything you get, the price isn’t that crazy. You are paying a premium, you can do better even getting a nice hotel and a comfortable flight, but there’s clearly a lot of people who don’t mind the premium price for an all fan charter flight and getting to do all the VIP functions.

Definitely.

I spend money very frivolously, but I try not to pay a premium for things I can live without. I usually only spend extravagantly if it's something I really love doing. Like I can live with staying in a mediocre hotel, sleeping on a friend's couch, taking a shitty flight, or sitting in coach. Although I'm still relatively young.

Gives me more money to spend on booze.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3