• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2018 season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah folks were selling their extra tickets pretty darn cheap on the Husky page.
If your a true Dawg fan this is most to do.....

A lot of people (my friend included) thought that if they bought a bunch of tickets at the standard $160 price they can flip them and make a profit.

Wasn't the best idea unless you had the season ticket standing to nab really good tickets. Think I saw some tickets go as low as $80 last time I checked before the game. Scalpers were also selling tickets for around that cost at the stadium.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah folks were selling their extra tickets pretty darn cheap on the Husky page.
If your a true Dawg fan this is most to do.....

A lot of people (my friend included) thought that if they bought a bunch of tickets at the standard $160 price they can flip them and make a profit.

Wasn't the best idea unless you had the season ticket standing to nab really good tickets. Think I saw some tickets go as low as $80 last time I checked before the game. Scalpers were also selling tickets for around that cost at the stadium.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Huskies know their offense needs to be fixed — but how do they get there?
Jude covering a lot of what we've been talking about with the issues on the offense. WR announcing this weekend that at least has UW on the short list, and more.

Sometimes I think Jude is one of us and copies the stuff we say on here....
As for Ford, he commits great if doesn't oh well, I think you look at the kids that haven't committed yet, look at the kids that are boarder line fits for UW and if they have speed, and hands they better go visit that young man and get him signed by Feb!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too bad for him.

I wonder if he will even pursue a professional football career. I'm not questioning his love for football, but he was an accounting major and his girlfriend works for a big four accounting firm in NYC. I promise I'm not a stalker. I just know people who know both of them and his girlfriend works at the same firm as one of my best friends.

I'd have to imagine at this point he would probably be looking at establishing a career outside of football. If I were him, that's likely what I'd do.

Even if he did continue to pursue football, I'd be stunned if he was drafted and I doubt he'd even land on a practice squad. I'll always appreciate everything he did for UW, but he just doesn't have the physical talent to play QB at the next level.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I think Jude is one of us and copies the stuff we say on here....
As for Ford, he commits great if doesn't oh well, I think you look at the kids that haven't committed yet, look at the kids that are boarder line fits for UW and if they have speed, and hands they better go visit that young man and get him signed by Feb!

I mean c'mon McNabb, here on Sportshoopla we are all the greatest minds on UW football in the world. If Chris Petersen kept up with us on here, there is no doubt we'd all have positions on the coaching staff.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean c'mon McNabb, here on Sportshoopla we are all the greatest minds on UW football in the world. If Chris Petersen kept up with us on here, there is no doubt we'd all have positions on the coaching staff.

The fight would be all you guys fighting for the O/C slot....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initially I was pretty convinced that Browning would go undrafted, but he had a pretty good showing at the combine for what it's worth. He mentioned that he has improved his arm strength and at first I thought it was bullshit because how much can he improve in 3 months? But when I watched his throws it really did show.

If only he would've made that adjustment years ago.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initially I was pretty convinced that Browning would go undrafted, but he had a pretty good showing at the combine for what it's worth. He mentioned that he has improved his arm strength and at first I thought it was bullshit because how much can he improve in 3 months? But when I watched his throws it really did show.

If only he would've made that adjustment years ago.
Remember when Smith changed his arm angle after his decent season? I'm sure he changed back now and has worked on his velocity. So frustrating he didn't have a real QB developer. Not that he would have been a world beater anyway, but it would have helped

Frankly I don't really care what happens to him now. It's on to Eason and the others.

Kind of curious what happens to gaskin and the kids from the secondary and that's about it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Smith changed his arm angle after his decent season? I'm sure he changed back now and has worked on his velocity. So frustrating he didn't have a real QB developer. Not that he would have been a world beater anyway, but it would have helped

Frankly I don't really care what happens to him now. It's on to Eason and the others.

Kind of curious what happens to gaskin and the kids from the secondary and that's about it.

I keep an eye on all the former Huskies and root for them in the NFL, so I wish him the best. I heard some rumor that the Saints might be interested in using a late round pick on him, don't know what truth there is to it.

If I had to guess this is how I'd project the guys:

Byron Murphy: First round easily. Very likely in the first half of the first round. Many believe he is the best CB in the draft.

Taylor Rapp: I'd estimate 2nd or 3rd rounds. Rapp is a very polished player but appears to project only as a SS. I don't see that he has the ability to routinely play as a single high safety at the NFL level. I see him as an immediate impact player at SS though. He's a low ceiling, high floor guy.

Kaleb McGary: I've seen projections all over the place with McGary. Some as high as the first half of the second round to the fifth round. I personally think he's a 2nd round prospect, but some teams might be concerned that his arm length is lacking. Incredible athlete for a guy his size though.

Myles Gaskin: Tough to say with Gaskin. He put on 15lbs and still put up a respectable 40 time, but just about all his drills were around average or so. He's a guy that you'd have to pay more attention to his tape than his measurements. His greatest ability is his vision and patience. I'd expect him to go between the 3rd and 5th rounds.

Greg Gaines: Another guy who really varies. Gaines is a completely one dimensional player with limited upside. I think he could be an above average run defender in the NFL but he just doesn't offer much of anything as a pass rusher at the NFL level. With Gaines it really just depends if a team sees value in a player with his skill set. I could see him going in the later rounds or possibly not being drafted.

Ben Burr-Kirven: I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but I've seen a lot of different opinions on BBK. I saw one that says he's the best linebacker in the draft, and another that doesn't think he'll be drafted. If you base it only on his tape and you don't know his size, he'd be a 2nd round pick. He bulked up to 230 and if he tests well at the combine that will be extremely helpful for him. If he doesn't have the size to hold up at ILB in the NFL I could see a team moving him to strong side, weak side or using him as a rotational player. He's fantastic in coverage and a sideline to sideline player. He's a bit of a tweener but I'm sure that some team will really fall in love with him in some role.

Drew Sample: Tested really well at the combine, despite his limited numbers at UW I could see him being drafted in the 4th to 6th rounds.

JoJo McIntosh: Didn't receive a combine invite. Doesn't blow you away in his film aside from some big hits here and there. He'll likely be undrafted but receive a training camp invite.

Jordan Miller: Good, not great college player. Like McIntosh given his size and the fact he played for UW in a great defense, he'll likely receive a training camp invite somewhere.

Jake Browning: As I mentioned he threw well at the combine. Lots of red flags here but someone may take a flier on him in the 7th round. If not, he'll receive an invite somewhere.

Last edited:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 40 time was a bit discouraging, but I don't think it doesn't confirm anything we don't already know.

Taylor Rapp plays faster on film, but he's not a guy that you are going to rely on to play a single high safety role. He projects as a strong safety with intermediate route responsibility. Anyone who has watched the tape would know that Rapp wouldn't hold up in the NFL in a FS single-high coverage role, but projects to be an excellent SS.

A perfect comparison would be Bradley McDougald IMO. He has a similar build to Rapp, ran a 4.74 40 and thrives playing SS.

Rapp is quicker than fast and his mediocre 40 time doesn't wipe away every other positive attribute he has going for him. He's a guy who is a day-1 starter at SS. I don't expect him to be an All-Pro but he's a guy with a really high floor and a low ceiling.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 40 time was a bit discouraging, but I don't think it doesn't confirm anything we don't already know.

Taylor Rapp plays faster on film, but he's not a guy that you are going to rely on to play a single high safety role. He projects as a strong safety with intermediate route responsibility. Anyone who has watched the tape would know that Rapp wouldn't hold up in the NFL in a FS single-high coverage role, but projects to be an excellent SS.

A perfect comparison would be Bradley McDougald IMO. He has a similar build to Rapp, ran a 4.74 40 and thrives playing SS.

Rapp is quicker than fast and his mediocre 40 time doesn't wipe away every other positive attribute he has going for him. He's a guy who is a day-1 starter at SS. I don't expect him to be an All-Pro but he's a guy with a really high floor and a low ceiling.
Rapp has what's called 'football speed' and that's what counts during game time.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How a baseball bat helped former Husky Jake Browning improve his NFL draft stock

“I went down to California and kind of was given the answers: ‘OK, here’s how you get more arm strength.’ That’s an indescribable feeling,” he said. “Everyone tells you you have some issue for four years, (but) no one really tells you how to fix it.

Sure, this is a nice story about Browning and why scouts now like him to be picked up in the upcoming draft, but that's not the REAL story here.

That last quote has been the issue all along. The staff here aren't ready to develop QB's. They just aren't. It took a week to figure out what was going on with Browning by folks who understand throwing mechanics. So why after 4 years wasn't there even an effort to do the same by this staff?

It should piss everyone off that he goes away for 3 months and comes back looking like the QB we were promised back when he was a freshman.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How a baseball bat helped former Husky Jake Browning improve his NFL draft stock

Sure, this is a nice story about Browning and why scouts now like him to be picked up in the upcoming draft, but that's not the REAL story here.

That last quote has been the issue all along. The staff here aren't ready to develop QB's. They just aren't. It took a week to figure out what was going on with Browning by folks who understand throwing mechanics. So why after 4 years wasn't there even an effort to do the same by this staff?

It should piss everyone off that he goes away for 3 months and comes back looking like the QB we were promised back when he was a freshman.
I'm curious as to how heavy the pass rush was in the combine seeing how Browning folds like a wet paper towel when he's pressured.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious as to how heavy the pass rush was in the combine seeing how Browning folds like a wet paper towel when he's pressured.
Again, don't really care if he gets picked up as a pro or not. This story to me was more about this staff and their lack of development.

Hell, what would Haener look like if he had someone working on his mechanics? Eason has the benefit of having been under other collegiate staff before coming here. The others not so much.

Don't know if Petersen just got lucky with Moore back at Boise, or if he had someone on staff that was better than they have now. Either way it's obvious they don't have the staff to build a top flight QB.