• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many games should Garrett be suspended?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and I don't agree. Maybe Kitchens shouldn't have had his starters out there, but when it is obvious the other team is going to continue to score on you even though it's a lost cause I can understand Kitchens not wanting to let that happen. If the Steelers just took the knee then there'd have been no reason for Kitchens to try and break up the play anymore. I'd say 85% Tomlin and 15% Kitchens for blame.

Blaming either HC is misguided imo even though in hindsight the best move for Tomlin would have been to concede the game, but you never see that in the NFL. So suggesting they should have done it last night imo is a hindsight is 20/20 type point of view.

Two possessions down, losing team with the ball concedes with 20 seconds on the clock...it makes sense to be honest, maybe we'll see it in the future.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such an emotional lad.

Lol, there's a bigger difference in IQ between me (higher, let's be clear) and you, than there is between you and an ape.
Such a child. Possibly passing oscar for worst poster on these boards. Somebody with a high iq wouldn't throw a temper tantrum and dig through posts to give a bunch of facepalms. I'm an engineer. What have you done with your life?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a child. Possibly passing oscar for worst poster on these boards. Somebody with a high iq wouldn't throw a temper tantrum and dig through posts to give a bunch of facepalms. I'm an engineer. What have you done with your life?
LMFAO, you're crying about emoji's and calling someone childish. Owned #2EZ

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...this was such a bizarre situation, it kinda goes beyond the color of the uniforms.

Maybe a little sure, but watching the play, I'd feel the same way if the QB was wearing some other color than black and gold.

more bizarre than Myles getting punched by a Cleveland fan in a photo opp? I’m not buying Rudolph did Absolutely nothing here. Myles did nothing to that fan who punched him in the face on the street. But he sacked Mason, then just flipped and tore off his helmet, swung it at him and Mason did nothing??

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tackling someone on the street is also assault, should we arrest every NFL player who has ever tackled someone?

Hockey players fight almost every game, should we arrest them for assault?

Baseball players throw baseballs at peoples heads and also fight...Discuss

I know you have been trolling but the baseball to the head is a good point.

And who can forget Cuetos spin kick in that Reds game fight that ended that dude's career

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO, you're crying about emoji's and calling someone childish. Owned #2EZ
Crying about emojis? Who is the one who throws a temper tantrum and takes the time to go through somebody's posts to give a bunch of facepalms? That's being a fucking baby. I only know of two posters who do that and the other is the joke of these boards.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more bizarre than Myles getting punched by a Cleveland fan in a photo opp? I’m not buying Rudolph did Absolutely nothing here. Myles did nothing to that fan who punched him in the face on the street. But he sacked Mason, then just flipped and tore off his helmet, swung it at him and Mason did nothing??

Don't get it twisted now...I never implied or said Rudolph did nothing.

I've put out there why I think Rudolph was pissed at being tackled to the ground (imo a legitimate reason)...did he overreact?...Yes, I've posted number times that he did.

Sgt. Schultz

I KNOW NUTTZING!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tackling someone on the street is also assault, should we arrest every NFL player who has ever tackled someone?

Football tackling us part of the game....which is lost art in today's game..everyone tries to "hit" instead of tackle..

In Hockey ...hockey players are "men" they drop their gloves and square off one on one...to settle their differences..

Baseball ...throwing intentionally at someone is hard to prove ...and baseball fights are like litte girls in a schoolyard..

What that idiot did last night was "assault with a weapon "...if he splits Rudolph's head open he would have been in cuffs...if I was Rudolph I would file assault charges against that friggin idiot...no place in any sport for that shit....IMHO

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs some discipline.

He should be forced to play for the Patriots for the rest of the season. I know, I know - this won't be easy, but it's for his own good.

It's a joke, @Myles -- lighten up, Francis

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've put out there why I think Rudolph was pissed at being tackled to the ground (imo a legitimate reason)...did he overreact?...Yes, I've posted number times that he did.

Ok cool yeah I agree what happened was very wrong on Myles end. Rudolph was very frustrated after INT #3. After #4 I shut off the TV and missed the whole thing.

I just find it weird that Garrett didn’t do Anything to a fan that punched him in the face, yet does this on TV to a QB.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly the Steelers fans have been pretty reasonable on this

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crying about emojis? Who is the one who throws a temper tantrum and takes the time to go through somebody's posts to give a bunch of facepalms? That's being a fucking baby. I only know of two posters who do that and the other is the joke of these boards.
Keep it going, little buddy. This is great. #destroyed

mVab6h8.gif

Sgt. Schultz

I KNOW NUTTZING!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Football tackling us part of the game....which is lost art in today's game..everyone tries to "hit" instead of tackle..

In Hockey ...hockey players are "men" they drop their gloves and square off one on one...to settle their differences..

Baseball ...throwing intentionally at someone is hard to prove ...and baseball fights are like litte girls in a schoolyard..

What that idiot did last night was "assault with a weapon "...if he splits Rudolph's head open he would have been in cuffs...if I was Rudolph I would file assault charges against that friggin idiot...no place in any sport for that shit....IMHO

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a weird viewpoint on this.

If I were Goodell. I would call Myles into my office for a meeting on Saturday. During that time I would hand down a 6 game suspension but that is not the purpose...

I would have a lengthy conversation with him about if Rudolph said or did anything. Reason being that type of rage for nothing " barely happens" . Judging by the severity $50,000 fine or 3 game suspension.

Pouncey also gets a game.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats 2nd degree assault. Definitely the rest of the season. I dont know the stipulations in a football contract so i dont know about the legal ramifications, if any.

Different sport, different country but I know Marty McSorley was charged with assault for swinging a hockey stick at Donald Brashear's face. Not sure what that means here but I would like to believe certain things transcend sports.

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its assault with a weapon. He should face charges, and at least 6 games.
This is not your average Joe, so there will be many legalistic excuses for Garrett instead of ultra-punitive punishments many would receive in his shoes.

He's very likely only getting a suspension. He might not even have played his last game this year with all the NFLPA hoops in the way.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a weird viewpoint on this.

If I were Goodell. I would call Myles into my office for a meeting on Saturday. During that time I would hand down a 6 game suspension but that is not the purpose...

I would have a lengthy conversation with him about if Rudolph said or did anything. Reason being that type of rage for nothing " barely happens" . Judging by the severity $50,000 fine or 3 game suspension.

Pouncey also gets a game.

Or punish him and make him go to Kap's workout......

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports Illustrated has an article discussing the legal ramifications of Garretts helmet swing. It's interesting. Below is only part of the article:

The low odds of criminal charges

Although unlikely, Garrett’s strike on Rudolph could have a legal fallout beyond the NFL. The strike appeared to meet the elements of the crime of assault. Like in other states, assault in Ohio refers to knowingly causing or attempting to cause physical harm on another person. Use of a dangerous weapon can be added to the charge. While a football helmet isn’t a weapon per se, it takes the form of a weapon when used to inflict damage on another person’s skull.

On any play during an NFL game, players knowingly inflict physical harm and sometimes cause shocking injuries. You might reason that every NFL play contains assaults. This logic doesn’t hold up under scrutiny.

Consider the fundamental goal of football offense: advance the football and score touchdowns. Now consider the fundamental goal of football defense: stop the advancement of the football and deny touchdowns. These goals invariably lead to dangerous types of physical contact on every play. The danger is only heightened in the NFL, where players are very large, muscular and fast. And they collide, often at full speed, on every play.

Sometimes players go too far in pursuing core football goals and are penalized as a result. So, what’s the difference between “football plays” and “football penalties” versus Garrett swinging a helmet on Rudolph’s exposed skull? The answer is consent.

Players consent to physical injuries related to the goals of football. No player, however, consents to being attacked with a helmet while his skull is exposed. That kind of attack has absolutely nothing to do with the sport of football or its goals.

So, will Garrett face criminal charges? Or how about Pouncey? The answer is almost certainly no.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-mason-rudolph-browns-steelers-fight-legal-fallout