• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many games should Garrett be suspended?

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And did you see him last night. He hasn't missed a meal in a few years.

No kidding. Most of the Steeler coaching staff looks to be in better shape.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more bizarre than Myles getting punched by a Cleveland fan in a photo opp? I’m not buying Rudolph did Absolutely nothing here. Myles did nothing to that fan who punched him in the face on the street. But he sacked Mason, then just flipped and tore off his helmet, swung it at him and Mason did nothing??

Instigating a fight and ripping off someone's helmet and using it as a weapon are two very different things. Rudolph could get a game and/or a fine, but Garrett needs to be punished much more harshly. What Rudolph may have done doesn't even approach what Randall did, let alone Garrett.

What would the blowback be on the Browns if Gregg Williams was still the HC and this happened?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not your average Joe, so there will be many legalistic excuses for Garrett instead of ultra-punitive punishments many would receive in his shoes.

He's very likely only getting a suspension. He might not even have played his last game this year with all the NFLPA hoops in the way.
just my opinion, not my prediction

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't do "the rest of the year" because every suspension becomes a precedent for future suspensions. What if the next time it happens in week 1 or week 16? Still "the rest of the year"?

I think Garrett should get 6 games. This is similar for what DV Offenses get and seems a number the league uses for serious offenses. I could see the league doing just 4 games though.

Garrett is quickly showing himself to be a total piece of shit with all the crap he has done this year. Seems like another case of roid rage.

Good for Pouncey and defending his QB and I agree he will be a hero in the locker room. But kicking? He will get a couple of games for that too methinks.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instigating a fight and ripping off someone's helmet and using it as a weapon are two very different things. Rudolph could get a game and/or a fine, but Garrett needs to be punished much more harshly. What Rudolph may have done doesn't even approach what Randall did, let alone Garrett.

What would the blowback be on the Browns if Gregg Williams was still the HC and this happened?

yes Garrett should be punished but Mason should too. not as severe obviously

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes Garrett should be punished but Mason should too. not as severe obviously

Agree, Rudolph should get one shot to smash his helmet off Garrett's head and they call it even.....

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, Rudolph should get one shot to smash his helmet off Garrett's head and they call it even.....
ExaltedIncredibleGallowaycow-size_restricted.gif

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aww poor mason can’t back his shit up. Don’t start shit won’t be shit

Garrett did nothing to a fan who punched him straight up in the face during a photo opp. Mason shouldn’t have provoked the beast. What Myles did was wrong, but don’t poke the beast if you don’t want that ass beat

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make him play for the Bengals for the rest of the season and be @mrschaney love slave.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason stunk it up severely, but he laid that one out there perfectly in the endzone and Holton dropped it.
Yeah Holton is bad, not just bad but historically bad for a WR.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rudolph's agent is ruling out legal action against Garrett:

"There are many risks an NFL QB assumes every snap taken on the field," Younger wrote. "Being hit on your uncovered head by a helmet being swung by a 275-pound DE is not one of them. Tonight could have had a catastrophic ending. The matter will be reviewed thoroughly."

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouncy should also be suspended.

I disagree that he should. But agree that he will. I'm betting ogunboji gets suspended too, and he probably wouldn't have if Pouncey didn't get suspended.

My thoughts 1 game for Ogunjobi possibly 2 games just because they play each other in 2 games. Most likely they hand down 2 games he appeals and plays next week and they reduce it to 1 game and he misses the rematch. Add a small fine or maybe no fine just the paycheck.

2 games for Pouncey, slight possibility he gets the same treatment as Ogunjobi above where he appeals and gets it reduced to 1 game. Definitely misses the rematch in 2 weeks.

Garrett. Minimum rest of season suspension. Also must apply for reinstatement. I think if Cleveland somehow made the playoffs and he missed that they would consider the suspension over at 6 games. I think there's a high possibility that he misses 2 preseason games next year too, just for the optics of it being an 8 game suspension (half a season) but without taking any more actual games away from him. Outside possibility that they suspend him a full 16 games and he doesnt play until this time next year. Would probably get reduced in that situation but I could easily see him kissing some games next season goodbye. I don't expect that at all, but I think it's a possibility in Goodell's NFL. This is all about the optics and it was a Prime Time Thursday night game on the NFL Network, which is already under fire for players safety issues.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter reporting he is suspended the rest of season and maybe longer

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok cool yeah I agree what happened was very wrong on Myles end. Rudolph was very frustrated after INT #3. After #4 I shut off the TV and missed the whole thing.

I just find it weird that Garrett didn’t do Anything to a fan that punched him in the face, yet does this on TV to a QB.

Missed the whole thing...okay, trying to set the table for ya. CLE up 21-7 with about 12 secs to go in the game, PIT has the ball and basically going backwards via the sack...on this play, it's a swing pass to a RB (#33). QB releases the ball and gets hit...(there was some debate here on whether ball was already released or not), Garrett has him in the grasp, the ball is gone now for sure...he takes the QB to the ground...QB takes offense to this because the game is essentially over.

Rudolph reacts strongly trying to get Garrett off of him...grabs his face mask, kicking, etc. Garrett takes offense to that, grabs Rudolph by his helmet, lifts him off the ground in doing so...yanks helmet off Rudolph and wails at him with it striking Rudolph on the head...other players get involved notably, #53, & 66 for PIT and #65 for CLE.

Garrett was obviously the level headed one after being struck by the fan...he was not in this case.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And anyone who says Mason Rudolph should be suspended had better strap in. I've seen Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, for sure Phillip Rivers, etc many other QB's get up and get right in the face of a guy who sacked them and they felt it was unnecessary. None of them have ever been suspended for it. And if Miles Garrett would have brained Rodgers or Brady like that people would be talking about lifetime suspensions.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not your average Joe, so there will be many legalistic excuses for Garrett instead of ultra-punitive punishments many would receive in his shoes.

He's very likely only getting a suspension. He might not even have played his last game this year with all the NFLPA hoops in the way.

Once the ruling is made and appealed...there will be a superfast response to the appeal.

I think possibly the same day if need to be to ensure he doesn't play another game this season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And anyone who says Mason Rudolph should be suspended had better strap in. I've seen Tom Brady, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, for sure Phillip Rivers, etc many other QB's get up and get right in the face of a guy who sacked them and they felt it was unnecessary. None of them have ever been suspended for it. And if Miles Garrett would have brained Rodgers or Brady like that people would be talking about lifetime suspensions.

If this were one of the golden arm QBs...Brady, Rodgers or Brees...idk about lifetime, but Garrett is probably not even be playing next yr.

Duke of Douchington

Needle Mover
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screaming A playing the race card RN on ESPN.

"Garrett needed to be extra aware, that as a black man, his actions are under extra scrutiny. They asked Coach Kitchens if Garrett had anger management issues..... They never asked Richie Incognito if he had anger management issues."

Dafuq? I'm pretty sure us privileged white folks were calling Incognito a nutbar piece of shit immediately...but lets not let reality get in the way of a good race bait.