• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they are hoping to lure Foles out of retirement?
...and if that happens maybe Bradford could un-retire and battle him for the job. The Rams board here loves them some Bradford. :heh:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me how this all turned out. One really has to wonder what kind of career arc Wentz would have had if he didn't blow out his knee that season. We will really never know but it's entirely possible that even if Wentz finishes that season and wins the MVP and all of that, he may have choked in the play-offs. Conversely, he may have been able to still bring home a SB to Philly. One thing we now are pretty sure of is that Carson is a mental midget and that it's quite possible Brady has 8 rings and Philly still doesn't have a trophy in the case. Not stating this as a fact. It's just an interesting possibility.

P.S. Wherever PE1 is, sorry dude, lol.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me how this all turned out. One really has to wonder what kind of career arc Wentz would have had if he didn't blow out his knee that season. We will really never know but it's entirely possible that even if Wentz finishes that season and wins the MVP and all of that, he may have choked in the play-offs. Conversely, he may have been able to still bring home a SB to Philly. One thing we now are pretty sure of is that Carson is a mental midget and that it's quite possible Brady has 8 rings and Philly still doesn't have a trophy in the case. Not stating this as a fact. It's just an interesting possibility.

P.S. Wherever PE1 is, sorry dude, lol.
Personally, I don’t think they win the Super Bowl that year without Wentz. Doug Pederson and Frank Reich don’t get enough credit for what they did in my opinion. The Eagles used their Bye to go back to Foles 27 TD 2 INT season with Chip Kelly to see what made him so effective and it was RPO. They ran a little RPO with Wentz so it wasn’t a foreign concept to the offense. They expanded it a little bit in the Bye and leaned on it. It had the effect of the old Rocky 2 movie. Rocky was a southpaw who switched up to fight righty in the start of the fight with Apollo and then in the later rounds he went back to fighting left handed and it was the edge he needed to win the fight. Eagles came into those 3 playoff games employing a scheme that the opponent didn’t have a ton of film on and it worked to perfection.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don’t think they win the Super Bowl that year without Wentz. Doug Pederson and Frank Reich don’t get enough credit for what they did in my opinion. The Eagles used their Bye to go back to Foles 27 TD 2 INT season with Chip Kelly to see what made him so effective and it was RPO. They ran a little RPO with Wentz so it wasn’t a foreign concept to the offense. They expanded it a little bit in the Bye and leaned on it. It had the effect of the old Rocky 2 movie. Rocky was a southpaw who switched up to fight righty in the start of the fight with Apollo and then in the later rounds he went back to fighting left handed and it was the edge he needed to win the fight. Eagles came into those 3 playoff games employing a scheme that the opponent didn’t have a ton of film on and it worked to perfection.
Sorry fightin but were you meaning they don't win that SB with Wentz at the helm? At any rate, I get what you're saying and I have always given Pederson and Reich a ton of credit for that SB. When this thread came about, PE1 was on here acting like Wentz could do no wrong and they would have won easily. Obviously, no way to know for sure and hindsight being 20/20 and all that but I remember that season when the Eagles played in Seattle and despite Wentz making a couple of eye-popping plays and putting up a ton of yards, they only scored 10 points and their only TD came in the 4th qtr when they were down by 2 scores. Russ played a really good game but I think teams were figuring Wentz out a bit. I think what you say is spot on. The adjustment to the game plan with Foles put defenses at a disadvantage and I'm not sure they put up 41 points with Wentz in there. Of course, that's all speculation on my part.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry fightin but were you meaning they don't win that SB with Wentz at the helm?
Haha yep. Oy vey. I screwed that up. Wentz DOES NOT win the Super Bowl is what I meant to say.
At any rate, I get what you're saying and I have always given Pederson and Reich a ton of credit for that SB. When this thread came about, PE1 was on here acting like Wentz could do no wrong and they would have won easily. Obviously, no way to know for sure and hindsight being 20/20 and all that but I remember that season when the Eagles played in Seattle and despite Wentz making a couple of eye-popping plays and putting up a ton of yards, they only scored 10 points and their only TD came in the 4th qtr when they were down by 2 scores. Russ played a really good game but I think teams were figuring Wentz out a bit. I think what you say is spot on. The adjustment to the game plan with Foles put defenses at a disadvantage and I'm not sure they put up 41 points with Wentz in there. Of course, that's all speculation on my part.
No doubt. The speculation though is what makes sports so fun. Have a great weekend

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How great is it that Foles still actually wound up having the bigger career between these two? lol

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How great is it that Foles still actually wound up having the bigger career between these two? lol
Well he got a ring so that's a big scoreboard win. But people for some reason have totally forgotten how terrible Nick Foles was after that Super Bowl year. He bounced around the league with QBRs of 35.5, 36, 51.6 and 8. Outside of that half a season and the one big year in a gimmick offense Nick Foles has pretty much sucked.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he got a ring so that's a big scoreboard win. But people for some reason have totally forgotten how terrible Nick Foles was after that Super Bowl year. He bounced around the league with QBRs of 35.5, 36, 51.6 and 8. Outside of that half a season and the one big year in a gimmick offense Nick Foles has pretty much sucked.

& still is better than Wentz!

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wentz gets a start in LA, both him and Foles will have each started for the Eagles, Colts, and Rams.

And I thought Rodgers was mimicking Brett Favre by playing for the Jets…

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wentz gets a start in LA, both him and Foles will have each started for the Eagles, Colts, and Rams.

And I thought Rodgers was mimicking Brett Favre by playing for the Jets…
Foles showing his dominance yet again over Wentz. Who he also started for the Jags. LOL