• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
different coaches.

would have been cooler with a win they didn't deserve, but they should still be fine.

I’ve been saying it ever since his injury: it takes one full year to recover from ACL surgery. Either they rushed him back or he rushed himself back (or a combination of both) but he’s not the same player. Maybe he will break out of this but maybe he won’t but that team is far too talented to not hav3 won that game today. They won because they didn’t score enough points and didn’t score touchdowns when they had the opportunity to do so (twice). I put that on Wentz.

Conversely, Mariotta played like a champion in the 4th quarter and in OT. He converted 3 4th downs and one of them was set up by his running and getting rocked. I’m not seeing ANY of that stuff from Wentz and THAT is what made him a dynamic player last year.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been saying it ever since his injury: it takes one full year to recover from ACL surgery. Either they rushed him back or he rushed himself back (or a combination of both) but he’s not the same player. Maybe he will break out of this but maybe he won’t but that team is far too talented to not hav3 won that game today. They won because they didn’t score enough points and didn’t score touchdowns when they had the opportunity to do so (twice). I put that on Wentz.

Conversely, Mariotta played like a champion in the 4th quarter and in OT. He converted 3 4th downs and one of them was set up by his running and getting rocked. I’m not seeing ANY of that stuff from Wentz and THAT is what made him a dynamic player last year.
meh, he'll be fine, it was alshon's first week back and they worked well together.

did Tommy B finally throw for over 200 yards? I'd focus on that. You beat the shit team that thought they had a chance in the shit division the patriots have been a part of since 2000, i'd focus on that, not the NFC

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh, he'll be fine, it was alshon's first week back and they worked well together.

did Tommy B finally throw for over 200 yards? I'd focus on that. You beat the shit team that thought they had a chance in the shit division the patriots have been a part of since 2000, i'd focus on that, not the NFC

Haha

Damn... I guess it’s not ok to bring up anything potentially controversial about the Eagles on the NFL General Board without their overly sensitive fans melting down or feeling hurt.

Like you said “meh”. Don’t be so sensitive.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha

Damn... I guess it’s not ok to bring up anything potentially controversial about the Eagles on the NFL General Board without their overly sensitive fans melting down or feeling hurt.

Like you said “meh”. Don’t be so sensitive.
have you seen eagles game threads? so much whining about shit, but I'm just calling it as i sees it here.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s looking up some meaningless stats to cover the fact Wentz didn’t get it down (twice).

I'm sure it will somehow be tied to the center

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In hindsight him sitting out longer and not rushing back would've been better. I believe he's still gonna return to the player he was and benching him would be a bad idea. Franchise guy in my mind still.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Break out of a 2 TD 350 yard game. Anything less then 400 yards and 3 TDs every game means you suck I guess. This LOSS had NOTHING to do with Wentz and everything to do with the D giving up 3 straight 4th down conversions one being 4th and 15. This thread is so fucking stupid.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight him sitting out longer and not rushing back would've been better. I believe he's still gonna return to the player he was and benching him would be a bad idea. Franchise guy in my mind still.

That is just it..... He played really really well in the game. He took way too many hits and I don't think it was due to his lack of mobility. He showed last week that his mobility will be fine. The problem during this game is that he was often under seige where people were getting to him untouched. I personally think Doug Pederson called a bad game at times. I am still trying to understand why you are running a play action pass when you barely ran the ball and expect teams to fall for it. The Eagles have absolutely zero speed on the outside. Yet he still managed to complete 67% of his passes and throw for almost 350 yards. He had 50 pass attempts for the entire game (47 at the end of regulation) and to be honest that baffled me. We should have run the ball a lot more. The Eagles had 15 rush attempts in regulation and yet we ran an awful lot of play action. That shit works when you have Elliot or Gurley. It does not run when you have shown zero intention be being committed to the running game.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Break out of a 2 TD 350 yard game. Anything less then 400 yards and 3 TDs every game means you suck I guess. This LOSS had NOTHING to do with Wentz and everything to do with the D giving up 3 straight 4th down conversions one being 4th and 15. This thread is so fucking stupid.
whats stupid is u ignoring many remarks directed towards u

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The loss had everything to do with Wentz. He was set up with a short field on the punt return. A TD there (instead of a FG) and philly wins. He gets the ball in OT. A TD ends the game. He has a running game that gets the ball deep into Tenn territory but AGAIN he can’t punch it in.

Mariotta then does what he failed to do (twice) and led his team to victory.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are all done and the Eagles are gonna repeat. Haven't you heard?

Eagles are not going to repeat. At least I did not predict that. I thought on paper going into the season they had the talent to do so but it is just too damned hard to repeat in the NFL. I can't remember who I had going in the AFC to be honest but my pick form the NFC was the Rams. The Pats are in such a bad division they should win it but they will not make it out of the divisional round. If they have to play a wildcard game the Pats don't even make it past Wildcard weekend

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are not going to repeat. At least I did not predict that. I thought on paper going into the season they had the talent to do so but it is just too damned hard to repeat in the NFL. I can't remember who I had going in the AFC to be honest but my pick form the NFC was the Rams.
most ppls eagles commnets, are derived from a certain poster

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are not going to repeat. At least I did not predict that. I thought on paper going into the season they had the talent to do so but it is just too damned hard to repeat in the NFL. I can't remember who I had going in the AFC to be honest but my pick form the NFC was the Rams. The Pats are in such a bad division they should win it but they will not make it out of the divisional round. If they have to play a wildcard game the Pats don't even make it past Wildcard weekend

OK :thumb:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw these same coaches rolling out Foles, sending him out for passes, etc. I don’t see any of that with Wentz.

Um to be fair the coaching staff has tried its just Peters and Johnson forgot to get a hat on the end, and of course all these damn tight ends forget to chip the end before releasing...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao at this thread reaching 7 pages. Christ almighty.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it..... He played really really well in the game. He took way too many hits and I don't think it was due to his lack of mobility. He showed last week that his mobility will be fine. The problem during this game is that he was often under seige where people were getting to him untouched. I personally think Doug Pederson called a bad game at times. I am still trying to understand why you are running a play action pass when you barely ran the ball and expect teams to fall for it. The Eagles have absolutely zero speed on the outside. Yet he still managed to complete 67% of his passes and throw for almost 350 yards. He had 50 pass attempts for the entire game (47 at the end of regulation) and to be honest that baffled me. We should have run the ball a lot more. The Eagles had 15 rush attempts in regulation and yet we ran an awful lot of play action. That shit works when you have Elliot or Gurley. It does not run when you have shown zero intention be being committed to the running game.

I agree. As great as Wentz has been it's unfair to judge him based on what we've seen this season. Maybe him sitting 4-8 games would've helped, but it's too late. He'll get it together though.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I realize this thread is probably troll bait, but with the game on the line Mariota made plays when needed against an excellent defense. Wentz struggled when it really counted. Cousins syndrome plain and simple.

He’s a good QB, and he will get better, but if he made a few more plays down the stretch, they put the Titans away.