• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in Philly.
tenor.gif

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how to slow this down any more for you, but every GM/Cap manager knows the same rules and know how to play the game. Howie is just more willing to risk the future for today.
Stephen Jones was once credited with Cap Magic. That didn't make him a magician or any better than anyone else, just that he was able to stay in cap hell for years and still manage the cap. At least until the final bill came due and the team had to cut Ware and stay out of FA for a couple of years.

If you don't see how the Eagles are on this same road that's a you problem, and I cannot help you.

I’ve explained to you why you are wrong. Howie doesn’t just push money down the road but he finds loop holes better then any other GM. What you refuse to accept is Howie doesn’t give mediocre players mega money and that’s what got Dallas in trouble so it isn’t even remotely the same thing. Never once did I see Dallas GM be called a cap guru.
We gave Brian Westbrook 36 million and he was dynamite. You guys shortly after gave a 850 yard back a 55 million dollar deal. That is not what Howies doing so you are COMPLETELY wrong on trying to compare what you did to what we did. Huge deals to both Roy Williams and they both sucked THATS THE DIFFERENCE.

We’ve been doing this for a decade. Can you let me know when this cap hell is exactly going to happen?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve explained to you why you are wrong. Howie doesn’t just push money down the road but he finds loop holes better then any other GM. What you refuse to accept is Howie doesn’t give mediocre players mega money and that’s what got Dallas in trouble so it isn’t even remotely the same thing. Never once did I see Dallas GM be called a cap guru.
We gave Brian Westbrook 36 million and he was dynamite. You guys shortly after gave a 850 yard back a 55 million dollar deal. That is not what Howies doing so you are COMPLETELY wrong on trying to compare what you did to what we did.
1) I'm still waiting for the specifics on how these moves helped Philly to avoid having money hit the cap. Specifics.

2) I already explained to you how wrong you were with the "mediocre" players angle. They were mostly guys that got injured. Barber was becoming one of the most talked about names in the entire NFL and every team was looking for a Barber. He had 850 yards because he split carries. Defenders were talking about how he punished them. He was known as the closer because he ended games when they started giving him the ball with the lead. He was also great at the goal line. Gruden used clips of his pass blocking to teach his own players. His body broke down from the punishment and that's what ended what was going to be a great career. He was an animal before that and seemed almost unstoppable. So wrong. Oh and Westbrook had over 850 yards rushing 3 times out of 9 years...dynamite...more like he was a WR...

3) It's EXACTLY the same thing.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I'm still waiting for the specifics on how these moves helped Philly to avoid having money hit the cap. Specifics.

2) I already explained to you how wrong you were with the "mediocre" players angle. They were mostly guys that got injured. Barber was becoming one of the most talked about names in the entire NFL and every team was looking for a Barber. He had 850 yards because he split carries. Defenders were talking about how he punished them. He was known as the closer because he ended games when they started giving him the ball with the lead. He was also great at the goal line. Gruden used clips of his pass blocking to teach his own players. His body broke down from the punishment and that's what ended what was going to be a great career. He was an animal before that and seemed almost unstoppable. So wrong. Oh and Westbrook had over 850 yards rushing 3 times out of 9 years...dynamite...more like he was a WR...

3) It's EXACTLY the same thing.

Got to love Cowboy fans. Their job here is to let us know the Eagles actually aren’t good now and stars of the past weren’t good either. This is lunacy. Thanks for taking the time to let us know Brian Westbrook wasn’t a fantastic RB. Jesus Christ Jarntt.

2004 1515 total yards in 13 games
2005 1233 total yards in 12 games
2006 1816 total yards
2007 2100 total yards
2008 1336 total yards in 14 games

Nah... Brian Westbrook wasn’t fantastic. Thanks Cowboy fans.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to love Cowboy fans. Their job here is to let us know the Eagles actually aren’t good now and stars of the past weren’t good either. This is lunacy. Thanks for taking the time to let us know Brian Westbrook wasn’t a fantastic RB. Jesus Christ Jarntt.

Let me know when we are in cap hell. I’ve been waiting 10 years...
So you got nothing:doh:

We can ignore the rest of where I proved you wrong, but since you keep bringing this part up. Please give specifics on what exactly Howie did that no other GM did that allowed the Eagles to circumvent the cap. You keep saying it as proof of how good he is but you haven't answered the question. You only say you read a writer saying it

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you got nothing:doh:

We can ignore the rest of where I proved you wrong, but since you keep bringing this part up. Please give specifics on what exactly Howie did that no other GM did that allowed the Eagles to circumvent the cap. You keep saying it as proof of how good he is but you haven't answered the question. You only say you read a writer saying it

I know, I know. He sucks. All these writers calling him a cap genius are all ridiculous. 10 years of doing this and no problems but the Cowboy fans know better.
You didn’t prove anything wrong except for letting me know that Brian Westbrook wasn’t actually really good.
Thanks for letting us know that one of our greatest all time RB actually wasn’t good.
Giving Marion Barber, Roy Williams S, Roy Williams WR, Miles Austin and on and on and on is what got Dallas is trouble. Giving mediocre players elite money is what fucked Dallas. I guarantee you Philly will never be in cap hell cause he’s done this for a decade.
I do get we will be tight when we give Wentz 30-35 mill per bit it won’t have anything to do with our restructuring.

Not the same thing at all.

Hey Jarntt our 1st round pick this year sucks right. I mean we have no idea who it will be but I’m sure you’ll let us know he isn’t good.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know. He sucks. All these writers calling him a cap genius are all ridiculous. 10 years of doing this and no problems but the Cowboy fans know better.
You didn’t prove anything wrong except for letting me know that Brian Westbrook wasn’t actually really good.
Thanks for letting us know that one of our greatest all time RB actually wasn’t good.
Giving Marion Barber, Roy Williams S, Roy Williams WR, Miles Austin and on and on and on is what got Dallas is trouble. Giving mediocre players elite money is what fucked Dallas. I guarantee you Philly will never be in cap hell cause he’s done this for a decade.
I do get we will be tight when we give Wentz 30-35 mill per bit it won’t have anything to do with our restructuring.

Specifics. I'm waiting for exactly what it is that Howie did that made him a cap genius. How did he circuvent the cap. If there are so many articles it should be easy for you to find.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bored2:

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave Brian Westbrook 36 million and he was dynamite. You guys shortly after gave a 850 yard back a 55 million dollar deal. That is not what Howies doing so you are COMPLETELY wrong on trying to compare what you did to what we did. Huge deals to both Roy Williams and they both sucked THATS THE DIFFERENCE.

We’ve been doing this for a decade. Can you let me know when this cap hell is exactly going to happen?

If howies so great and Jones sucks how did the cowboys beat the eagles twice last year and win the East?

If Wentz is a phenomenal superstar and better than Dak why did the cowboys beat the eagles twice last year and win the East?

Reactions: GNG

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lets a QB who won the SB MVP walk in favor of an injury prone guy with a reconstructed knee and he signed a bunch of FAs who are on the wrong side of 30. Let’s see how it all works out for him.

I can wait...

Sounds like we are talking oakland

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing there. Just a quote from someone else. I thought he might have been moving in for the kill shot too.

Shooting blanks... as usual

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2004 1515 total yards in 13 games
2005 1233 total yards in 12 games
2006 1816 total yards
2007 2100 total yards
2008 1336 total yards in 14 games

Nah... Brian Westbrook wasn’t fantastic. Thanks Cowboy fans.

Total yards.......

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Jarntt our 1st round pick this year sucks right. I mean we have no idea who it will be but I’m sure you’ll let us know he isn’t good.

You are one overly sensitive motherfucker.