• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles better win another SB before the Cap Bill is due. Howie is loved at the moment, but Eagles fans will turn on him faster than rabid dogs.

Nah.
He's using fake years in these contracts to take advantage of the current cap rules.
Downright abusing them, if you ask me.

Probably roll all this money to next year to sign Wentz and still have $$$ to pursue top FA.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.
He's using fake years in these contracts to take advantage of the current cap rules.

Probably roll all this money to next year to sign Wentz and still have $$$ to pursue top FA.
Sorry, no matter how many times Eagles fans say it's all great, kicking the cap down the road will soon catch up to you.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.

You think that is smart? That's one of the dumbest parts. It's automatic dead money once the contract is up even if he plays out the whole deal. Every penny you pay a guy hits your cap. It's only about what year it hits in. You can't avoid it by using fake years.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, no matter how many times Eagles fans say it's all great, kicking the cap down the road will soon catch up to you.

You think that is smart? That's one of the dumbest parts. It's automatic dead money once the contract is up even if he plays out the whole deal. Every penny you pay a guy hits your cap. It's only about what year it hits in. You can't avoid it by using fake years.

Please let me know if the source is not appropriate....

Should Howie Roseman be investigated for adding fake contract years to player deals?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand your point. Everyone knows that the base salary for any year that isn't guaranteed and occurs after a player is cut or the contract is voided disappears. That's why anyone that understands the cap says that they need to see the details of a contract before commenting on it.

But the unallocated portion of the signing bonus that is set to hit the cap in outer years immediately comes due if the player is cut, traded, voided, etc. That is exactly what everyone is referring to and that is what kicking the can down the road does. When you restructure a contract and convert current year salary to signing bonus you do nothing other than give the player more cash up front and move the cap hit back. The Cowboys have been dong that since the cap came into being. Most teams also tack on big salary years at the end of a contract - it's why these total $ numbers seem so big. Whether it is set to automatically void like the Eagles do or just cut the player before the last couple of years like most other teams do ends up the same. There is no brilliance behind that, only pushing back the cap hit which anyone with a calculator can do:noidea:

the only time it isn't dumb is when you don't spend the cap dollars and roll the cap savings into the next year. That comes out neutral: Doesn't help, doesn't hurt. But if you clear dollars and spend them you screw your team going forward.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C’mon man, even Ray Charles can see that’s just kicking the can down the road

Between restructuring again, rolling money over, and having the annual cap increase to offset dead money, is it really???

Asking for a friend....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between restructuring again, rolling money over, and having the annual cap increase to offset dead money, is it really???

Asking for a friend....
Tell your friend yes it is :thumb:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you gave me a link to a message board so it's no more legit than the Hoop is. I read the story they are talking about, and came to the conclusion Howie is kicking the cap down the road.
He's baking on the cap to forever increase, maybe it will, but every year you play this game at the speed Howie is it gets tougher.

I've said this here a few times, Dallas has played the same game for years. It caught up to them when BBC they had to let DWare walk away. Most teams operate this way to an extent, but if you get to deep in like the Eagles are a career ending injury or two early in the restructured contract can pull the whole house down.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you gave me a link to a message board so it's no more legit than the Hoop is. I read the story they are talking about, and came to the conclusion Howie is kicking the cap down the road.
He's baking on the cap to forever increase, maybe it will, but every year you play this game at the speed Howie is it gets tougher.

I've said this here a few times, Dallas has played the same game for years. It caught up to them when BBC they had to let DWare walk away. Most teams operate this way to an extent, but if you get to deep in like the Eagles are a career ending injury or two early in the restructured contract can pull the whole house down.
Again with the BBC??? I think we know your fetish...:thumper:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles better win another SB before the Cap Bill is due. Howie is loved at the moment, but Eagles fans will turn on him faster than rabid dogs.

A long article in the Philly paper by Rueben Frank showing how Howie, once again, scammed the cap system and with creative wording will never have a big bill due. The guys a genius at cracking the cap code. He has the system beat. Want me to find his latest ingenious idea and forward it to you. No cap bill is coming due.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A long article in the Philly paper by Rueben Frank showing how Howie, once again, scammed the cap system and with creative wording will never have a big bill due. The guys a genius at cracking the cap code. He has the system beat. Want me to find his latest ingenious idea and forward it to you. No cap bill is coming due.
I want you to choke on that Dildo you keep shoved up your ass.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want you to choke on that Dildo you keep shoved up your ass.

So incredibly corny dude. Just shaking my head in embarrassment. Your never ending anger must make you a fabulous Dad/Husband. And I know you don’t want to see the truth.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So incredibly corny dude. Just shaking my head in embarrassment. Your never ending anger must make you a fabulous Dad/Husband. And I know you don’t want to see the truth.

You wanna know what’s an embarrassment? Your insatiable need for approval from total strangers on the internet.

Did you really just call him out about being a poor dad/husband? All that shows is how much his comments really hurt you. Wanna know how we all know that? It’s because whatever he said hurt you so badly that you had to go make it personal to hurt him back. Also, your obviously not clever enough to come back with some quick retort and your certainly not strong enough to just ignore it.

When you get hurt you get personal. You call people uneducated and now a bad husband/father. If you really were a teacher I am glad you’re retired because as a human being your an emotional train wreck.

I’m just a lowly assistant manager. I’m not educated like you claim to be but even I can see your insecurities a mile away.

Go talk to somebody or get off the internet. Either choice is in your best interest.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, I don't treat anyone I care about the way I treat you.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna know what’s an embarrassment? Your insatiable need for approval from total strangers on the internet.

Did you really just call him out about being a poor dad/husband? All that shows is how much his comments really hurt you. Wanna know how we all know that? It’s because whatever he said hurt you so badly that you had to go make it personal to hurt him back. Also, your obviously not clever enough to come back with some quick retort and your certainly not strong enough to just ignore it.

When you get hurt you get personal. You call people uneducated and now a bad husband/father. If you really were a teacher I am glad you’re retired because as a human being your an emotional train wreck.

I’m just a lowly assistant manager. I’m not educated like you claim to be but even I can see your insecurities a mile away.

Go talk to somebody or get off the internet. Either choice is in your best interest.

He didn't hurt me. He can't hurt me. Dad taught me not to cry. Growing up in a gang area taught me there is much more pain out there than words can inflict.