• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do you recruit for a Military school?

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That’s a legit question. You’re talking about Army, Navy and AF, and not places like VMI and the Citadel, right? First, there haven’t been many military deaths in the Air Force or Navy in Iraq or Afganistan. A few, but not many. As for Army, well, it’s a bit more risky. Somewhere around 1.5% of army deaths in Irag/Afganistan are West Point grads. Second, for the vast majority who manage to stay alive, a guy with a degree from a service academy is pretty much set for life. Whether he stays in the military or bails out after his time is up. It’s practically like getting an Ivy League degree. That’s why playing ball for a service academy wouldn’t be such a bad deal. Or at least, Navy and AF wouldn’t be too bad.

Still, it would be a hard sell to a 19 year old kid who thinking more about getting laid than the next 20 years of employment opportunities.

You realize the Marines also go to Annapolis so the Navy does have their fair share of combat deaths. In terms of recruiting,that is the reason they dont have the althetes most schools do. Hell most of them have to run offenses that feature the power run or option sets. I have been in the military for 14 years and havent looked back. Some people are set to do it while others arent. It isnt a place to get rich in terms of cash but I feel something most people never do every day I put the uniform on.

NUance

my lysdexia is actign up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You realize the Marines also go to Annapolis
Yeah, I’ve known Marine officers who attended the Naval Academy. But never any that played football for the Goats. Do you know of any?

You realize the Marines also go to Annapolis so the Navy does have their fair share of combat deaths.
Next time you see a Marine officer who graduated from the Naval Academy, ask him if that means he’s in the Navy (Ask it while humming “In the Navy” by the Village People.) Just because a Marine graduated from Annapolis does not mean he is in the Navy. Like I said, there have been a few Naval Academy and AF Academy deaths in the Middle East. But not many.

In terms of recruiting,that is the reason they dont have the althetes most schools do. Hell most of them have to run offenses that feature the power run or option sets. I have been in the military for 14 years and havent looked back. Some people are set to do it while others arent. It isnt a place to get rich in terms of cash but I feel something most people never do every day I put the uniform on.
Do you think there anyone on this board that doesn’t know that?

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this thread was bumped.......

I have to LOL at this again.......

I mean damn dude, I didn't know you served, your post surely sounded like it didn't.....

And I'll say it to your fucking face any fucking time........ I'm not scared of fucking nobody...... let alone a jarhead..... Some Marines are bad ass mofos....... the rest of them just try to act hard cuz... "I'm was a Marine" blah blah blah.....

News Alert...... I've whipped many of Jarhead ass......

You and SFNL should have an Internet tough guy face-off.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I’ve known Marine officers who attended the Naval Academy. But never any that played football for the Goats. Do you know of any?
You can tell the Marines from the Navy because they have the Globe and anchor opposed to the anchor on their uniforms. Yes there are tons of them.

Next time you see a Marine officer who graduated from the Naval Academy, ask him if that means he’s in the Navy (Ask it while humming “In the Navy” by the Village People.) Just because a Marine graduated from Annapolis does not mean he is in the Navy. Like I said, there have been a few Naval Academy and AF Academy deaths in the Middle East. But not many.

Do you think there anyone on this board that doesn’t know that?

Well the question was asked so I replied the academies do not really get the high prospect and have to deal with what they do get. It isnt often that an academy grad is even in line to be drafted.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yet people think homosexuals don't belong in the military?

The laws as is allows them to serve. It just doesnt allow them to flaunt it. Dont ask dont tell is a far cry from dont serve.