• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. I did think M3gan needed a little more menace or gore to it so I'll definitely check that out. "Scarier being trimmed to PG-13" ??? What a ridiculously stupid statement. Basically admitting that their horror/thriller aspects were garbage to begin with.

Exactly. That's what I read off a site anyway when I wanted to know how the unrated version was different. Oh and it's free on Prime for now @FaCe-LeE-uS , so if you have Prime check it out for free while you can.

I am still searching everywhere possible online for the Live Free or Die Hard unrated edition (which would've made that R, not PG-13) but the only thing I can find is an option to buy the DVD/Blu-Ray. Prime video has it, but $15 for it? Seriously?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. That's what I read off a site anyway when I wanted to know how the unrated version was different. Oh and it's free on Prime for now @FaCe-LeE-uS , so if you have Prime check it out for free while you can.

I am still searching everywhere possible online for the Live Free or Die Hard unrated edition (which would've made that R, not PG-13) but the only thing I can find is an option to buy the DVD/Blu-Ray. Prime video has it, but $15 for it? Seriously?
What makes the LFoDH unrated version better? You tryin to catch some Bruce Willis nudity or what?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes the LFoDH unrated versioni better? You tryin to catch some Bruce Willis nudity or what?

lol, just doesn't feel like a Die Hard movie without the violence and language. And the Unrated version apparently has that.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M3gan just got the unrated version released on Amazon. A bit more violence which I think is what gave them their R originally, and then they toned it down to PG-13 for the 'kiddies'... the director said, "We thought it was scarier with the PG-13!" Bullshit... the producers knew it wasn't going to be a big money maker and wanted to jam as many horny teenage boys/girls into the theater as possible.

Sadly in the unrated version there's no Allison Williams nudity :sad2:

Anyway, worth checkin' out. Last of Us is okay (despite the lame ass nothing happened episode that everyone found SO BEAUTIFUL ugh). Also, check out It Comes at Night. Decent little flick.

The dance move creeped me out more than anything.

dancing-m3gan.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw... I tried to watch Cocaine Bear... Gave up after 30 minutes after I realized I donated the last 10 without paying an ounce of attention.

Didn't find it remotely funny & felt cringeworthy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cocaine Bear.... this movie is terrible. Nothing to really add.
This. How the hell is this trash doin well in the box office? I'd want a refund if I paid money to see it

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw "Fresh" on Hulu... Kind of a messed up rom com. Great performances from the leads, who have some really good chemistry.

It was good.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw... I tried to watch Cocaine Bear... Gave up after 30 minutes after I realized I donated the last 10 without paying an ounce of attention.

Yea, I kind of have this subconscious rating system now too.

When my mind knows the movie is taking a left turn ..I start looking at my phone without even realizing it.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. How the hell is this trash doin well in the box office? I'd want a refund if I paid money to see it
The premise is hysterical ....and I think it hooked a lot of people.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I kind of have this subconscious rating system now too.

When my mind knows the movie is taking a left turn ..I start looking at my phone without even realizing it.
Yea I think a DNF in my ratings would look far worse than anything within the 1-3 out of 10 range lol. I can typically enjoy even the worst of movies by making fun of them while watching. Pretty rare when I turn something off not even mid-way through it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The premise is hysterical ....and I think it hooked a lot of people.
The fact that its a true story probably helped... And Elizabeth Banks normally has a pretty raunchy humor. That sort of humor alone is what made me give it a go but it had none of that.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new Exorcist trailer looked better than I would have guessed.

M3gan was ok, I went in thinking it would be complete trash.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that its a true story probably helped... And Elizabeth Banks normally has a pretty raunchy humor. That sort of humor alone is what made me give it a go but it had none of that.
I just had a thought ...take the cocaine bear story line and make that the story line for Grown Ups 3 ..same cast.

There is no way it would have not been funnier.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just had a thought ...take the cocaine bear story line and make that the story line for Grown Ups 3 ..same cast.

There is no way it would have not been funnier.
Imagining Chris Rock or David Spade running from the cocaine bear sounds hilarious.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yah I tried to watch. I did about the same. About 20 minutes in was barely paying attention clicking around on various other sites and getting distracted. Finally I did my classic move of just randomly skipping ahead by clicking the bar a few times and then watching the last few minutes of the ending.

It felt like at times the movie was trying to take itself seriously, but then not so seriously? The characters were BOOOOOOORING. HOLY CRAP... I was not invested in any of them. And a lot of the goofiness of the characters was forced.

Like Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead. That's clever goofiness and it sells hilariously. Same with something like Austin Powers. Yes there's goofs/jokes but it's well written and actually funny. This was like they were trying too hard at times to be goofy? But then take some moments seriously? I dunno, it was just.... weird.

I think they just thought, "Haha a bear snorting cocaine! LOL that'll catch the attention of audiences (which it did - not many people know the real story)!!" And then when it came to writing the movie it was like, "Uh, let's just put in the CGI bear doing goofy/funny stuff cause COCAINE! And then uh the actors can uh... they can just scream and try to be goofy! HILARIOUS!"

Not a lot of comedies can just be goofy with no clever jokes/punchlines. Even Dumb and Dumber which was very silly, was actually a pretty clever comedy in most regards. The story was pretty good actually.