• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That why you need Shudder my friend.
Used to have it for a loooong time... And I miss it. Had to cut costs

I started just following Shudder's socials and pirating everything they released to fill the void. Around 2020 is when Shudder started to get really good. Before then it was very hit & miss amateurish work.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,216.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously pissed at Sy Fy....seems like since the last Sharknado they no longer make made for TV movies....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously pissed at Sy Fy....seems like since the last Sharknado they no longer make made for TV movies....
Bad case of syfylis?

lol... on a more serious note... A lot of channels are suffering... Combination of VOD, streaming, etc is killing "old school" TV channel revenue. Mainly because originally, channels like syfy relied on advertising to generate that revenue stream. And they had to balance that revenue stream with content costs. Now that these channels are forced to partner with streaming services to survive, that gives them a smaller piece of the revenue.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad case of syfylis?

lol... on a more serious note... A lot of channels are suffering... Combination of VOD, streaming, etc is killing "old school" TV channel revenue. Mainly because originally, channels like syfy relied on advertising to generate that revenue stream. And they had to balance that revenue stream with content costs. Now that these channels are forced to partner with streaming services to survive, that gives them a smaller piece of the revenue.
Also think there is something to be said about SyFy growing an ego... They took their focus off their TV movie content and put it into weird shit. Sorta like when MTV stopped being all about music videos.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Used to have it for a loooong time... And I miss it. Had to cut costs

I started just following Shudder's socials and pirating everything they released to fill the void. Around 2020 is when Shudder started to get really good. Before then it was very hit & miss amateurish work.
I had cancelled that too.

And than I decided to pay for just about every streaming app and rip every decent movie right off the screen and start my own movie library.
I'm up to about 1400.

We are living in a streaming Nirvana ...You are getting an unreal amount of content for the money and it won't last. I wanted to have an insurance policy.
5 years from now ..every app could be 45 bucks per month or 25 with commercials ...there is no way it will stay this cheap.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had cancelled that too.

And than I decided to pay for just about every streaming app and rip every decent movie right off the screen and start my own movie library.
I'm up to about 1400.

We are living in a streaming Nirvana ...You are getting an unreal amount of content for the money and it won't last. I wanted to have an insurance policy.
5 years from now ..every app could be 45 bucks per month or 25 with commercials ...there is no way it will stay this cheap.
Kindred spirits my man... Exactly how I see it.

I'm hovering around 1000... Wish it was all horror, but I got a family to feed. Could easily go another 500 but need to bite the bullet & upgrade the PC.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F28OAKIXMAAopiS

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see this. Is it good?
It's enjoyable but not really worth rushing out to cinema for. It had an unnerving atmosphere and the monster looked scary but the movie didn't do much with everything it built up.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw "Talk to me" this weekend.

It's good, I liked it, but it's not "the scariest movie" since Hereditary (which has become sort of the modern threshold for scary movies), and maybe I was too hyped and I was expecting too much, but I found it a bit disappointing. Still, really good, similar vibes to the last two
superior
Evil Dead movies.