• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna watch the Black Phone in a bit. For anyone that's seen it, yay or nay?
Currently the double feature at the local drive in is the new Jurassic Park, and the Black Phone. So I'm planning to see it tonight.

The only question is if I go early and watch the Jurassic Park debacle, or show up at 11pm for the Black Phone late show.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently the double feature at the local drive in is the new Jurassic Park, and the Black Phone. So I'm planning to see it tonight.

The only question is if I go early and watch the Jurassic Park debacle, or show up at 11pm for the Black Phone late show.
Still got a drive-in? Those are dinosaurs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you dinosaur it...

i-applaud-your-courage-hugh-grant.gif

You're a true hero, jake.... if you're catatonic by tomorrow AM @FaCe-LeE-uS and I will understand and do our best to carry on this thread without you and keep your life support running...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jurassic Park was so cheesy. The latter half is so poorly written it’s hilarious. Right when you think it’s done being ridiculous it just keeps one-upping itself all the way to the climax. The first half was ok. Developed a decent plot but the circus tent get pitched soon after.

I’m going to watch Black Phone tonight. And there may be a blunt & whiskey involved.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jurassic Park was so cheesy. The latter half is so poorly written it’s hilarious. Right when you think it’s done being ridiculous it just keeps one-upping itself all the way to the climax. The first half was ok. Developed a decent plot but the circus tent get pitched soon after.

I’m going to watch Black Phone tonight. And there may be a blunt & whiskey involved.

I'm off the wagon and will raise a glass of Rum to you mah dude! :suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy idea… We should all do a livestream hangout on Zoom while someone casts (shares screen) a horror movie.

I’ve got a HD rip of Black Phone

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd have to be a funny horror movie. I've seen so many at this point I'm fairly desensitized to it... and we can all agree paranormal/jump scare movies are bullshit.

I might just put myself on camera for Army of Darkness lol.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still got a drive-in? Those are dinosaurs.
Yeah. The guy that runs it is a dick who sometimes treats people like crap. A few years ago he managed to get the community to pay for all the new camera equipment so they would stay open.

Still, good memories of many, many nights there as a kid. Even before I had a car starting about 10 years old I'd find a way out there and sit on the grass in the front.

It is a relatively small one. Cut into the woods and only holds about 70 cars.

Screenshot_20220716-102552_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah. I don't know that I even want to see Jurassic Park. But Black Phone appears to be perfect drive in fare.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue where that is mah dude. Sounds fun though, stay safe and have a good time! Get some Milk Duds covered in hot butter for me :D

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy idea… We should all do a livestream hangout on Zoom while someone casts (shares screen) a horror movie.

I’ve got a HD rip of Black Phone
I'd be in, and I'm good with just about any movie not directed by Jim Wynorski, Uli Lommel, or Fred Olen Ray (I've got a scathing review of one of Fred's in the holster)!

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. The guy that runs it is a dick who sometimes treats people like crap. A few years ago he managed to get the community to pay for all the new camera equipment so they would stay open.

Still, good memories of many, many nights there as a kid. Even before I had a car starting about 10 years old I'd find a way out there and sit on the grass in the front.

It is a relatively small one. Cut into the woods and only holds about 70 cars.

View attachment 302240

Yeah. I don't know that I even want to see Jurassic Park. But Black Phone appears to be perfect drive in fare.
Unique

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd have to be a funny horror movie. I've seen so many at this point I'm fairly desensitized to it... and we can all agree paranormal/jump scare movies are bullshit.

I might just put myself on camera for Army of Darkness lol.
I just know the group of us would instantly turn that into an episode of MST3K

Join Us Mystery Science Theater 3000 GIF by MOODMAN

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue where that is mah dude. Sounds fun though, stay safe and have a good time! Get some Milk Duds covered in hot butter for me :D
Out in the middle of nowhere on the Olympic Penninsula, Port Townsend.

My arteries just clogged thinking about that snack!!

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Phone was written by Joe Hill, who also wrote Horns which we recently discussed here. Joe Hill is Stephen King's son.

Does anyone else find it a little weird/creepy that Joe appears to be actively trying to be a clone of his dad?
Screenshot_20220716-104007_Samsung Internet.jpg

He already looks just like him, but he goes all in with the same haircut, glasses, beard, and even a very Kingish shirt!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out in the middle of nowhere on the Olympic Penninsula, Port Townsend.

My arteries just clogged thinking about that snack!!

Been quite some time since I've driven the 101 that far north... (think it was honestly with my parents). My parents have a cabin around the Hood Canal (don't want to get too specific you STALKER YOU!)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Phone was written by Joe Hill, who also wrote Horns which we recently discussed here. Joe Hill is Stephen King's son.

Does anyone else find it a little weird/creepy that Joe appears to be actively trying to be a clone of his dad?
View attachment 302242

He already looks just like him, but he goes all in with the same haircut, glasses, beard, and even a very Kingish shirt!
Not a bad move to piggy back his father in all facets… But yea that’s the sort of creepy in a NOT so good sort of way