• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just after posting I just happened to search the net for some info and I find an extended version of the full movie right on Youtube. And it's of damn good quality too. Who knew.

My favorite and, imo, the best of Romero's movies. Thanks for sharing this link. :suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite and, imo, the best of Romero's movies. Thanks for sharing this link. :suds:
When are we going to see some movie reviews from you there brother Chef? My movie lists have hit a dryspell and I'm lookin for some new recommendations!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a movie that came out 10 yrs ago?? Maybe longer. It may have already been discussed. They ended up banning it for some reason. Anyone know why.? I want to say it was titled Black Christmas

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a movie that came out 10 yrs ago?? Maybe longer. It may have already been discussed. They ended up banning it for some reason. Anyone know why.? I want to say it was titled Black Christmas
Don't think that I have ever heard of it? Are you sure it was banned in the US? Most films only get banned overseas like in the UK or China. Not often you hear about movies getting banned in the States.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON!

Krampus (2015)

Synopsis: A boy who has a bad Christmas ends up accidentally summoning a Christmas demon to his family home.

YEEEEESSSSSS... Can't tell you how excited I was to hear about this movie when it was first put into production. And now we are only a little over 1 month away from it hitting the big screen. I've been waiting a while to preview this as I didn't want to give anyone false hopes if the movie got pushed or if the production looked awful. As far as I can tell, it passes the eye test with flying colors! It does have the look of a somewhat cheesy makeup, but I'll definitely give it a go! And for those that don't know who the director is... Its none other than Michael Dougherty! The Director of Trick 'r Treat! HELL... TO THE YEAAAA!

Anyone with me????

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes after I posted I read about it actually. It was a remake of a movie of the same title from 1974. It was put out Christmas of 2006. Religious groups complained and supposedly got it removed for awhile. I remember watching the previews and then all of a sudden they stopped and I never heard about it again.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON!

Krampus (2015)

Synopsis: A boy who has a bad Christmas ends up accidentally summoning a Christmas demon to his family home.

YEEEEESSSSSS... Can't tell you how excited I was to hear about this movie when it was first put into production. And now we are only a little over 1 month away from it hitting the big screen. I've been waiting a while to preview this as I didn't want to give anyone false hopes if the movie got pushed or if the production looked awful. As far as I can tell, it passes the eye test with flying colors! It does have the look of a somewhat cheesy makeup, but I'll definitely give it a go! And for those that don't know who the director is... Its none other than Michael Dougherty! The Director of Trick 'r Treat! HELL... TO THE YEAAAA!

Anyone with me????

Dwight says yes!!!

th?id=OIP.Mcd115f7746a9c8fb8a618d53b7ca1a99o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300.jpg

He was born to be Belsnickel. ;)

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun Halloween! Had a small party at the house. Wife and I dressed as pirates (convict and lady cop last year, zombies the year before). Played Evil Dead 2, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and From Beyond on the big screen with my Spotify Halloween playlist as a soundtrack.

We went out to a club at 12:00. I live in Norway and 4 years ago about 20 some of us left the party and went out to the same club and there was only 1 other guy in a costume. This year the place was packed with people in costumes. Also had over 20 trick-r-treaters, which was a record. Halloween is really taking off here!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun Halloween! Had a small party at the house. Wife and I dressed as pirates (convict and lady cop last year, zombies the year before). Played Evil Dead 2, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and From Beyond on the big screen with my Spotify Halloween playlist as a soundtrack.

We went out to a club at 12:00. I live in Norway and 4 years ago about 20 some of us left the party and went out to the same club and there was only 1 other guy in a costume. This year the place was packed with people in costumes. Also had over 20 trick-r-treaters, which was a record. Halloween is really taking off here!
Sounds like a great time! :suds:

Crazy coincidence I was a pirate this year as well! The wife wanted to be a scary mermaid of sorts so she made me a dead pirate (last year I was Papa Legba and the wife was a voodoo doll). We went to a huge party with a group of friends. Party started early so we weren't home for any trick-or-treaters this year.

23sac5j.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Hallows Eve (2013)

To be honest I wasn't really that impressed with this film. It was basically a lower budget V/H/S. It had the usual indie-flick flaws and the acting was really awkward at certain points, and not in a good way. The use of loud noises/score to enhance the scare factor really didn't do it for me. Some of the material was really questionable, but the clown was awesome. The way the ending linked and wrapped up the story was pretty clever. I wish they focused more of the story on the babysitter and not the video tape scenes.

Thankfully this film is on the short side... 5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Hallows Eve 2 (2015)

This one seemed to have a little bit better budget but the movie was almost an exact replica of the first. Same main story, different characters & setting. I liked the short VHS stories in this one better but they were a little too short. The original had 3, as this one had 6. The acting was still pretty bad, and I didn't think the movie had much of a scare factor at all, just moments of creepiness. Overall it was better than the first, so hopefully these movies continue to get better if they keep producing them.

Surpasses its predecessor 6/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Visions (2015)

This one was unexpected! I had limited expectations considering the producers did little to hype this movie. Basically it was flushed into the theaters where they hoped it would land on its feet. Not sure that it did because I didn't hear about it until just last week (more likely my fault). I was pleasantly surprised by this movie! For one thing, the actors did a great job for the most part. The story was gripping and threw a great twist in that wasn't predictable at all.. Kudos! Don't get me wrong, this movie wasn't the best I've ever seen, there were a couple of scenes in it that irritated a little. The progression moves briskly, and it doesn't go overboard with laboring to spell out critical moments, which was nice. Its one of those movies that makes you think about the twist long after it is delivered. Good cinematography, plot, acting, thrills, etc.

Good thrill ride from start to finish! 7.5/10

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON!

Krampus (2015)

Anyone with me????

I was tricked into watching the original Krampus: The Christmas Devil, which was a serious pile of crap. A 2.0 rating on imdb. Hopefully this bigger budget version with a decent director will be much better.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was tricked into watching the original Krampus: The Christmas Devil, which was a serious pile of crap. A 2.0 rating on imdb. Hopefully this bigger budget version with a decent director will be much better.
Never watched that one. I almost did once upon a time, but don't remember who steered me away from it.

I'm really hoping for great things with this new one.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely forgot to stop by here on Halloween and give a tip of the cap to Face.
His list of Horror flicks has made this thread the first and last place I check when I need one to watch.
(I have only seen a very few because i can't find a bunch ..don't laugh my TV is not connected to the internet)

Thanks Face, we salute you.

tumblr_n64ftwLUZo1tz1z5zo8_500.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_n1gx4157lB1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely forgot to stop by here on Halloween and give a tip of the cap to Face.
His list of Horror flicks has made this thread the first and last place I check when I need one to watch.
(I have only seen a very few because i can't find a bunch ..don't laugh my TV is not connected to the internet)

Thanks Face, we salute you.

Glad you enjoy this thread and find it useful! :suds:

Always love hearing from other horror fans! My horror lists were starting to grow thin until October hit then a hoard of new movies hit the web. Love the month of October!!!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While not really a horror film, I finally got around to watching Tucker and Dale vs Evil the other night.

Amazing. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, it's basically a typical teen cabin getaway horror flick, but from the perspective of the two redneck yokels who everyone thinks are the psycho killers. The writing and direction is great and the 2 guys playing the rednecks are hilarious. 1 was Wash, the pilot in Firefly.

I would put it #2 under Cabin in the Woods in horror films that nail a new spin on the genre.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While not really a horror film, I finally got around to watching Tucker and Dale vs Evil the other night.

Amazing. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, it's basically a typical teen cabin getaway horror flick, but from the perspective of the two redneck yokels who everyone thinks are the psycho killers. The writing and direction is great and the 2 guys playing the rednecks are hilarious. 1 was Wash, the pilot in Firefly.

I would put it #2 under Cabin in the Woods in horror films that nail a new spin on the genre.
T&DvE is my favorite horror comedy! Seems like horror comedies are starting to make a comeback. There were some good ones released this year in Housebound & Cooties. Not quite as good, but still very entertaining in their own right!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker and Dale vs Evil is funnier than hell! One of the best horror comedies of all time!

Some of the other great horror comedies:

Shaun of the Dead
American Werewolf in London
Evil Dead II
Gremlins (also part 2, the New Batch was pretty good)
Zombieland
Army of Darkness
Dead Alive
Re-Animator series
Slither
Return of the Living Dead series
Piranha 3D (under rated hilarity)
Zombeavers (as recommended here!)
House
Black Sheep
Feast
Dead Snow
Doghouse
Basketcase
Cemetery Man
Ravenous
Motel Hell
Fright Night (original. Part 2 was also good)
Scream series
Hatchet series
Teeth
Housebound
The Cabin in the Woods
Drag Me to Hell

I know that sometimes the definition of horror comedy can be a bit blurred but those are some of my favs. Any others I've missed?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tucker and Dale vs Evil is funnier than hell! One of the best horror comedies of all time!

Some of the other great horror comedies:

Shaun of the Dead
American Werewolf in London
Evil Dead II
Gremlins (also part 2, the New Batch was pretty good)
Zombieland
Army of Darkness
Dead Alive
Re-Animator series
Slither
Return of the Living Dead series
Piranha 3D (under rated hilarity)
Zombeavers (as recommended here!)
House
Black Sheep
Feast
Dead Snow
Doghouse
Basketcase
Cemetery Man
Ravenous
Motel Hell
Fright Night (original. Part 2 was also good)
Scream series
Hatchet series
Teeth
Housebound
The Cabin in the Woods
Drag Me to Hell

I know that sometimes the definition of horror comedy can be a bit blurred but those are some of my favs. Any others I've missed?

Watched Slither recently and yeah, good one too. You missed one though: Thankskilling! Incredible. The theme song is so cheesy and there are some hilarious turkey puns.