• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMC is running an original Halloween marathon as we speak. Thankfully, every one except Halloween III: Season of the Witch. It has been rightfully erased from the Halloween memory banks.
Hell yea! I'm all over that! I don't think I've ever seen the H3 movie... Guess I should be glad that I haven't! :noidea:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys!

Haven't been here for a short time- I have not been watching too many horror movies lately. More watching the series like The Strain, TWD, FTWD, etc.

Watched the 1st episode of Scream Queens yesterday. It was not too bad actually. Good writing and some grusome deaths. Face melting, lawn mower decapitation,etc. I laughed out loud a few time which of course led to my wife thinking I am nut job for thinking some of this stuff is funny. It is basically Mean Girls/Heathers with a bodycount. Don't look too close or the loopholes will become apparent.

Still just waiting so much for the Ash vs. Evil Dead series! One of the bright spots on the horizon.
I was beginning to wonder jakedog! :suds:

I've been waiting for AvED as well! Can't wait for it! Have you watched the new "Fear the Walking Dead" series? Been wanting to get into it. I'm a big fan of Walking Dead. Never watched "The Strain" either. Recommend?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Strain is pretty good. Would definately recommend. Worth it just for the creature effects alone. The rest of it is decent but the master, the elders, and the minions are the highlight.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are moving very VERY slowly with Fear the Walking Dead...but it's getting better and better. Well worth the watch, if you have a little patience. Season 2 is primed for the ZA explosion.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are moving very VERY slowly with Fear the Walking Dead...but it's getting better and better. Well worth the watch, if you have a little patience. Season 2 is primed for the ZA explosion.

They moved so slow that there was actually an episode with NO walking dead in it!

But the last episode (season finale) finally picked up the pace. No excuse not to have a blood bath next year when it starts up again.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They moved so slow that there was actually an episode with NO walking dead in it!

But the last episode (season finale) finally picked up the pace. No excuse not to have a blood bath next year when it starts up again.

Sounds like the original Walking Dead. Some episodes completely lost me because of how slow it got. They would go 2-3 episodes in a row of really boring storylines. I'll eventually get into the new FtWD. But sounds like I should wait for the new season to start before jumping in.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crimson Peak (2015)

For shame Del Toro... This movie should have been in the "tragic love story" genre. Sure they interjected some suspense and 'sort of' scary cgi, but overall this movie fell short of its horror preview. I got the feeling that this movie couldn't quite make up its mind whether it wanted to be horror or a dramatic love story. It was a very predictable movie that offered very little imagination. The cgi/fx were pretty poor IMO. The ghosts were pretty cool in theory, but came off cheesy looking. The atmosphere of the house was cool. Someone clearly spent a monumental amount of time on the set of the old house. The attention to detail was amazing. Even the costume designs were exquisite. The acting & cinematography were great as well. As a dramatic love story this was a pretty good movie, but as a horror film it was pretty bad. If they took out the ghost cgi and just brought in a murder mystery element it would have been a much better thriller movie. I would not recommend seeing this in theaters as I did. It was a waste of money. I have been a huge fan of Guillermo Del Toro's works until this one, but I hope he realizes that mixing his horror with drama is not the way to go. It needs to be one or the other.

Tragic love story with sprinkles of murder mystery... Where's the horror?? 4/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howl (2015)

It finally hit the internet! And the wait was worth it! This was a pretty badass movie. The makeup & cgi departments deserve a lot of credit. The werewolfs were frickin intense looking! Pretty sure I would soil myself if I was in the situation of those passengers when the first werewolf came bursting through the door blockade. Kudos to the director/writers for making the characters keep their wits about them. It was a refreshing change from the usual screaming & running that you see in most survival horror films. I tell ya, the Brits know their horror! Or at least they know how to put together better material. Just my opinion anyways! This movie had a great setting and the acting was good. They threw a couple stupid storylines in for character development that I thought the movie could have done without. But besides that, this movie was pretty epic! There weren't any twists or serious imagination put into this film because its a very predictable and linear plot, but it was done right. Its not going to blow your socks off by any means, but it is a very solid addition to the werewolf genre. @jakedog56 would approve!

Solid werewolf fun! 7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classroom 6 (2015)

Another movie that has been getting pushed around before its release. However this one was more warranted. The plot was very unoriginal. The acting was atrocious. The progression was predictable. The filming was nauseating. Pretty much became damn near unwatchable after 20 mins lol. This is the sort of movie that a group of highschool students could have made with cellphones & fishing line. However I think highschool students could have came up with a better movie. If the characters weren't as bad at acting this could have been a more enjoyable film. But the plot has been done too many times before and the backstory did very little to add any depth to the suspense. Majority of the characters offered nothing to the plot so they were pure ghost fodder.

Useless imagination... 4/10

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crimson Peak (2015)

For shame Del Toro... This movie should have been in the "tragic love story" genre. Sure they interjected some suspense and 'sort of' scary cgi, but overall this movie fell short of its horror preview. I got the feeling that this movie couldn't quite make up its mind whether it wanted to be horror or a dramatic love story. It was a very predictable movie that offered very little imagination. The cgi/fx were pretty poor IMO. The ghosts were pretty cool in theory, but came off cheesy looking. The atmosphere of the house was cool. Someone clearly spent a monumental amount of time on the set of the old house. The attention to detail was amazing. Even the costume designs were exquisite. The acting & cinematography were great as well. As a dramatic love story this was a pretty good movie, but as a horror film it was pretty bad. If they took out the ghost cgi and just brought in a murder mystery element it would have been a much better thriller movie. I would not recommend seeing this in theaters as I did. It was a waste of money. I have been a huge fan of Guillermo Del Toro's works until this one, but I hope he realizes that mixing his horror with drama is not the way to go. It needs to be one or the other.

Tragic love story with sprinkles of murder mystery... Where's the horror?? 4/10

Hmmmm.....
That's too bad. I was looking forward to it. Del Toro is such a visually great director I will probably still check it out but expectations are definitely lowered.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm.....
That's too bad. I was looking forward to it. Del Toro is such a visually great director I will probably still check it out but expectations are definitely lowered.
Yea I was really bummed. I had been looking forward to seeing that movie for a while. He definitely delivers with the visuals like he always does. I just didn't quite understand why there wasn't more horror or scare brought to it. Like I said, I think it dove far too deep into the love story and drama conflicts between the characters.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to mention that the version of Red Right Hand being played in the trailer kind of blows. They should have stuck with the Nick Cave version.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS - Just a shout out to you and everyone else for the previews and reviews. This is a great thread. :suds:

Just got HBO Now and I'm doing a little browsing. They actually have a special Halloween section.

Got any opinions on Trick 'r Treat?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, has anyone ever seen Return to House on Haunted Hill?

I have always liked the original Vincent Price House on Haunted Hill, and I loved the remake with the underrated Geoffrey Rush.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS - Just a shout out to you and everyone else for the previews and reviews. This is a great thread. :suds:

Just got HBO Now and I'm doing a little browsing. They actually have a special Halloween section.

Got any opinions on Trick 'r Treat?
Thanks! Glad to have your support chef! :suds:

Trick 'r Treat... Cult classic IMO. I watch it every year around Halloween. Its like the halloween version of V/H/S lol. It's kind of a fragmented storyline that doesn't flow extremely well, but its still awesome. Execution, attention to detail, settings, etc. Loved it all! If you haven't seen it yet then I definitely recommend it! You'll love the little pumpkin dude!

200.gif

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A question for my Horror friends here.

Dawn of the Dead 1978. This movie is my foundation and introduction to the zombie world.
Saw it in the movies with my brother and sister in Brooklyn.(I was 13) I had my pocket knife out and open the entire walk home. Did not go into my basement for 2 weeks. (And the workshop down there was my favorite place in the whole house)

Anyway, the questions is: Why is this movie never on TV. I have not seen it on in the last 15 years easy.
It's like there is a rights dispute or something so nobody can show it. I have all the movie channels too.

What really sucks now is whenever the 2004 version is on (and it's always on) I have to check the listing to see which one it is.

That is really getting old after 10 years ..lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A question for my Horror friends here.

Dawn of the Dead 1978. This movie is my foundation and introduction to the zombie world.
Saw it in the movies with my brother and sister in Brooklyn.(I was 13) I had my pocket knife out and open the entire walk home. Did not go into my basement for 2 weeks. (And the workshop down there was my favorite place in the whole house)

Anyway, the questions is: Why is this movie never on TV. I have not seen it on in the last 15 years easy.
It's like there is a rights dispute or something so nobody can show it. I have all the movie channels too.

What really sucks now is whenever the 2004 version is on (and it's always on) I have to check the listing to see which one it is.

That is really getting old after 10 years ..lol
Not sure why either! I remember reading an article on Romero's displeasure over the film's critics. NY Times & NBC slammed the movie and a few other magazines did as well. Which was crazy since it grossed around $50+mil worldwide in the late 70's to early 80's. Obviously the film was a HUGE success despite its critics. Doesn't make any sense why it isn't on TV much.

Pretty sure I have seen it on AMC a few times over the past couple years. But it is a rarity. I think the graphic content might have something to do with it. The original is still extremely graphic, even by todays standards. The remake doesn't even come close to it. Maybe the TV producers feel the newer one is "easier on the eyes" to its viewers? Doubt the FCC would have anything to do with it, but you never know! :noidea:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why either! I remember reading an article on Romero's displeasure over the film's critics. NY Times & NBC slammed the movie and a few other magazines did as well. Which was crazy since it grossed around $50+mil worldwide in the late 70's to early 80's. Obviously the film was a HUGE success despite its critics. Doesn't make any sense why it isn't on TV much.

Pretty sure I have seen it on AMC a few times over the past couple years. But it is a rarity. I think the graphic content might have something to do with it. The original is still extremely graphic, even by todays standards. The remake doesn't even come close to it. Maybe the TV producers feel the newer one is "easier on the eyes" to its viewers? Doubt the FCC would have anything to do with it, but you never know! :noidea:

Just after posting I just happened to search the net for some info and I find an extended version of the full movie right on Youtube. And it's of damn good quality too. Who knew.