• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree about going out of chronological order. Doesn't really enhance the story or make it more interesting. If anything it just makes things unnecessarily confusing.

But, it's a mindless watch,nothing more.
Very true. They definitely went for a more character-driven symbolic angle this season. Zombies took more of a backstage role. Seems like they are prepping some characters to take on a bigger role.

The betrayal angle was pretty cool. Happens so quick, and plenty reasonable, but seeing that character continue on because he just doesn't know how to 'rest' and ultimately pleading for it... That was a powerful moment.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Strangers vibes with this one.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E4_puhfXMAIKe02

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I spoke about a movie called Psycho Goreman that I said looks like a kids horror movie though it was not rated. So I took a chance, bought it, and me and the kids sat down to watch it. It is about a brother and sister who discover a gem buried in their backyard. They go on to investigate and it turns out they released a universal destroying demon of sorts, with that said whoever controls the gem controls the monster. The kids just use him to show off and have fun with, however across the universe, the entities that trapped the monster away are made aware and a plan is hatched to either kill him this time or trap him away again. That's the gist.

There was no real bad language that I can remember, there is actually a running joke in the movie as all the characters are sayin 'friggin' or 'frig you' instead. With that said... it is not for kids LMAO. There is a fair amount of gore. The acting is pretty bad (especially from the parents) in this movie, but you really have to forgive a lot in this movie as it is a hardlined comedy more than horror with strong childrens elements. It feels like this movie started with the idea that 'What if the Power Rangers had tons of gore in it' and then they just formed around that lol. The costume designs feel very Power Rangery - not in looks, but in design, from the shows lol.

This sounds ridiculous, but this movie knows what it is and if you can get past the bad acting and see it as essentially a very bloody, gorey, children's comedy... then I think you will appreciate it. Most of the comedy is silly, I do believe it was intended to be made for like the 10 year old to pre teen type. If any of you take a chance on it, the cop that got 'transformed/messed up' had me cracking up.

It is solid, but you definitely have to recognize what it is early on to truly appreciate it.
Also watched Psycho Goreman the other day.

I generally agree with @Blackshirts BLVD synopsis. If I had to make a comparision, I might go to as a more overtly comedic Basketcase type comedy. (Not that Basketcase wasn't comedic but it was a bit more blackly subtle, and it really wasn't a subtle movie.

The good:
*The gore! We have plenty of decapitations, disembowelments, etc.
*The characters: the acting isn't great but the characters themselves are generally pretty entertaining. Psycho Goreman has some great stuff, and the little girl and Dad are just the worst (in a bafflingly funny way).
*The humor- I laughed quite a bit.

The bad:
*The acting is generally sub-par.
*The costumes- they can be kinda funny (like the bucket of bodyparts with legs who sprays blood everywhere) but this is where the Power Rangers comparisons come in. Guys in rubber suits abound.
*The action- while some of the gore is great, the action sequences leading to that gore are also hindered by the Power Rangers type feel.

I will note that the movie embraces it's B-movie roots (or C-movie??) and never takes itself seriously. This somewhat mitigates the negatives if you enjoy schlock.

For me it was a 7 outta 10 with the disclaimer that you probably shouldn't watch it if you didn't enjoy the likes of Basketcase, or The Toxic Avenger as this is of similar ilk.

My buddy and I thought it was pretty hilarious but his wife hated it even after drinks and edibles...........so.........??

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a horror movie enthusiast.

Ive seen a bad one. But can't remember the name....

But i remember a Scene and a Line that i constantly here

Scene: Guy has sex with a Demonized girl

Line: " Just give me FFFFFFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Minutes"

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm if no Family/Friends Mario Kart Saturday night then i know my plans for Saturday night
Fun fact. I bought my kids a SNES classic a year or so ago thinking it would be fun to show them what I played as a kid. Well, my daughter has been whooping my ass in Mario Kart like every game. I think I only won once lol

Well fast forward to today, I told my daughter that if she hit her school goals, then I would buy her Mario Kart for the Switch. Well, she did, we got it.... annnnnd I am undefeated!!! lol

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact. I bought my kids a SNES classic a year or so ago thinking it would be fun to show them what I played as a kid. Well, my daughter has been whooping my ass in Mario Kart like every game. I think I only won once lol

Well fast forward to today, I told my daughter that if she hit her school goals, then I would buy her Mario Kart for the Switch. Well, she did, we got it.... annnnnd I am undefeated!!! lol

I find i'm the same. SNES I sucked when I was kid.

Now 2nd to 5th in 10 person race.

Unless something happens to me near the end

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Girl With All the Gifts last night, thought it was amazing. Was really impressed that they came up with a unique idea for a zombie movie. Such a saturated genre at this point but they still managed to pull off a smart, original concept.
Never even heard of this movie before today....need a bit of suspension of belief with what can and can't wake the hungrier but overall enjoyable. Surprised to see Gemma and Glenn in this horror too.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Seventh Day on Netflix, very meh. The teaser trailer didn't give much but I had high hopes. It played out more like a procedural serial killer/detective thriller than an Exorcist/Horror flick. 2 or 3 jump scares but overall underwhelming as a horror movie.