• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tried watching The Djinn wtf, not sure why Rotten Tomatoes gave it really good reviews. Conjuring The Devil Made me Do It , and Quiet Place 2 hopefully this weekend

Damn, I thought the trailer was pretty good for The Djinn.

The wife and I bought tickets to go see A Quiet Place 2 tomorrow. First movie back in theaters for us. They are making us order concessions online... the fuck??? See a huge uptick of people sneaking in their own food/drinks.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I thought the trailer was pretty good for The Djinn.

The wife and I bought tickets to go see A Quiet Place 2 tomorrow. First movie back in theaters for us. They are making us order concessions online... the fuck??? See a huge uptick of people sneaking in their own food/drinks.
I only was able to get through the first half, so unless the 2nd half does a 360. doubt it's worth a watch. Scariest part was the kid had to listen to cassettes on his walkman. Brought back nightmares with the ribbon always getting tangles up

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got around to Army of the Dead and it was highly entertaining, definitely 30 mins too long as mentioned.
Yeah. We did rip it apart here, and deservedly so because of major storyline issues, poor acting, etc. But the fxs were great and it was entertaining.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. We did rip it apart here, and deservedly so because of major storyline issues, poor acting, etc. But the fxs were great and it was entertaining.

I actually think the thrashing here helped because I went in with lower expectations.

Also watched the Blair Witch (2016) and it was about as terrible as you'd expect. Awful decision making, extra shaky camera work. I typically hate shaky camera films so not sure what I was expecting.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Quiet Place Part II

IMDB Synopsis: Following the events at home, the Abbott family now face the terrors of the outside world. Forced to venture into the unknown, they realize the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats lurking beyond the sand path.

This movie picks up immediately where the first one left off. There is a flashback to 'Day 1' to show you how it all started, but it isn't really explained and doesn't necessarily make sense by itself. I am not sure if what is shown in the flashback is meant to explain the creatures or if perhaps it is just a setup that will be revealed in Part III. Given the ending, I would bet that there will be a Part III, but the ending is enough in my opinion to allow the audience to make their own. The issues I had with the first film, particularly with the creatures, I still have with this film, but since this is a continuation, it is easier to forgive lol.

With that said, the acting is really good from everyone. The conveying of need, hope, hopelessness, thanks, etc... is done well. I appreciated the cinematography and camerawork, some really good and smart choices. Cillian Murphy is a good addition that needs to be snuffed out more. The effects are good. The sound design is good, as that is a pretty important part of this film.

As for the bad... I find the story and the characters frustrating at times. The story is interesting, but never feels like strides are made and the moment you think a stride is about to be made, it ends lol. The characters are frustrating because at times they are creative, intuitive, smart, etc... but then later they make stupid decisions that you feel they should know better. There are also a couple parts where the creatures and characters interact with sound that doesn't work overly well in my opinion.

All in all, it is a solid addition, but I feel I have more questions than I did after the first film.

7/10.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
191393706_305878491230130_8389722562038933675_n.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breach (2020)

LMAO... I didn't check out the reviews before diving in so I made my bed with this one. 2.9/10 user rating on IMDB.

This movie had the budget but flopped badly. I'm quite convinced that both Bruce Willis & Thomas Jane were actually drunk during the filming of this. Both came off as B-list wannabe's in this film, which is a shame considering they could have easily carried this movie with a better script. Some of the cgi was very cheesy but luckily most of the alien fx was practical/makeup type stuff so it was much better than the cgi. The gore in this film was pretty solid even if it was overshadowed by the rest of the circus.

The plot in this movie was just downright bad. Just 2-3 minutes in something felt wrong. The script was choppy & abrasive with little flow. They didn't bother building characters, and barely gave each one a simplistic motive to give us some direction. It came off as standard sci-fi drivel from the eighties, or something off the syfy channel. The spaceship sets looked familiar, but I couldn't pinpoint it. Probably something they reused from a different movie or show. As the movie progresses you start to just shake your head at all of the illogical moments that just keep piling on.

Some examples of the idiocy on display:
  • They really need janitors cleaning the floors daily on a ship where 90% of its passengers are in cryo sleep?
  • The movie uses holograms to give instructive dialogue from Bruce Willis to some of the characters, and these holograms do not abide by any rules. They have no projection device, and they appear instantaneously (sometimes for as little as a single word from Bruce). This seemed like it would have been useful had they used it to distract the alien zombies. Also later on in the movie Bruce is in the midst of a physical discussion with someone and his hologram is giving instructions again across the ship to the janitor/boyfriend. Those conversations couldn't simultaneously exist.
  • The guns in this movie have an infinite ammo supply. Not once did anyone stop to reload after dumping hundreds of rounds. Also these bullets do absolutely nothing to the alien zombies, but when someone needed a quick rescue suddenly 1 bullet sends a alien zombie flying across the hallway? Also, the general fallacy of high caliber rifles inside a spaceship is just dense
  • People wake from cryo with zero effects & in perfect condition? These people have been sleeping for 80-100 days with no feeding tubes? Also women slept with makeup on?
  • Alien zombies are dumb enough to relentlessly beat on impenetrable walls but suddenly can hear & track down a guy moving in the air vents?
  • Cleaner solution, if not diluted, can melt through metal huh? Doesn't seem like a good thing to have on a spaceship that is made entirely of metal floating through a space vacuum. And when the janitor guy figures out the cleaner can kill the aliens he completely forgets to take a bottle with him? Oh but never fear, luckily they made Bruce a moonshiner alcoholic so they had a limitless supply to use for their flamethrowers... pffffft lol
  • The super alien that conjures itself together from a bunch of limbs is impervious to the flamethrowers with the cleaner solution, until suddenly its not? When they finally take it down an alien entity manifests itself into a humanoid form... Why? And its covered in the blue flames which should kill it, but it doesn't... Guess they put logic to the wind just for a cool visual.

Sometimes really bad movies can still be fun. And this movie sort of scratches at the surface of that, but honestly the entire sequence of events once the viral outbreak starts is just one absurd moment after the next. And the filming & sound was pretty damn poor all throughout. I'm honestly surprised that I finished this movie. I think it had barely enough entertainment value to keep going, but you do end up regretting it lol.

An incomprehensible mess of a movie... 4/10 (+1 for use of practical fx)

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breach (2020)

LMAO... I didn't check out the reviews before diving in so I made my bed with this one. 2.9/10 user rating on IMDB.

This movie had the budget but flopped badly. I'm quite convinced that both Bruce Willis & Thomas Jane were actually drunk during the filming of this. Both came off as B-list wannabe's in this film, which is a shame considering they could have easily carried this movie with a better script. Some of the cgi was very cheesy but luckily most of the alien fx was practical/makeup type stuff so it was much better than the cgi. The gore in this film was pretty solid even if it was overshadowed by the rest of the circus.

The plot in this movie was just downright bad. Just 2-3 minutes in something felt wrong. The script was choppy & abrasive with little flow. They didn't bother building characters, and barely gave each one a simplistic motive to give us some direction. It came off as standard sci-fi drivel from the eighties, or something off the syfy channel. The spaceship sets looked familiar, but I couldn't pinpoint it. Probably something they reused from a different movie or show. As the movie progresses you start to just shake your head at all of the illogical moments that just keep piling on.

Some examples of the idiocy on display:
  • They really need janitors cleaning the floors daily on a ship where 90% of its passengers are in cryo sleep?
  • The movie uses holograms to give instructive dialogue from Bruce Willis to some of the characters, and these holograms do not abide by any rules. They have no projection device, and they appear instantaneously (sometimes for as little as a single word from Bruce). This seemed like it would have been useful had they used it to distract the alien zombies. Also later on in the movie Bruce is in the midst of a physical discussion with someone and his hologram is giving instructions again across the ship to the janitor/boyfriend. Those conversations couldn't simultaneously exist.
  • The guns in this movie have an infinite ammo supply. Not once did anyone stop to reload after dumping hundreds of rounds. Also these bullets do absolutely nothing to the alien zombies, but when someone needed a quick rescue suddenly 1 bullet sends a alien zombie flying across the hallway?
  • People wake from cryo with zero effects & in perfect condition? These people have been sleeping for 80-100 days with no feeding tubes? Also women slept with makeup on?
  • Alien zombies are dumb enough to relentlessly beat on impenetrable walls but suddenly can hear & track down a guy moving in the air vents?
  • Cleaner solution, if not diluted, can melt through metal huh? Doesn't seem like a good thing to have on a spaceship that is made entirely of metal floating through a space vacuum. And when the janitor guy figures out the cleaner can kill the aliens he completely forgets to take a bottle with him? Oh but never fear, luckily they made Bruce a moonshiner alcoholic so they had a limitless supply to use for their flamethrowers... pffffft lol
  • The super alien that conjures itself together from a bunch of limbs is impervious to the flamethrowers with the cleaner solution, until suddenly its not? When they finally take it down an alien entity manifests itself into a humanoid form... Why? And its covered in the blue flames which should kill it, but it doesn't... Guess they put logic to the wind just for a cool visual.

Sometimes really bad movies can still be fun. And this movie sort of scratches at the surface of that, but honestly the entire sequence of events once the viral outbreak starts is just one absurd moment after the next. And the filming & sound was pretty damn poor all throughout. I'm honestly surprised that I finished this movie. Honestly I think it had barely enough entertainment value to keep going, but you do end up regretting it lol.

An incomprehensible mess of a movie... 4/10
I would really like to see the list of scripts that Bruce Willis said no to.

But I'm skeptical that has ever actually happened.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to see the list of scripts that Bruce Willis said no to.

But I'm skeptical that has ever actually happened.

If it weren't for people like Nic Cage... Bruce wouldn't have the credibility or draw to his name that he does

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for people like Nic Cage... Bruce wouldn't have the credibility or draw to his name that he does
Very true.

I'll rent a movie every so often on Amazon & such but I have a general rule I follow to insure a punchers change of the rental being worth the money.

The new movie can't star Brice Wills, Nicholas Cage or Gerald Butler.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true.

I'll rent a movie every so often on Amazon & such but I have a general rule I follow to insure a punchers change of the rental being worth the money.

Hold on a moment!

We had a couple of excellent horror genre Nic Cage movies recently. Mandy and The Color Out of Space, that came out at the end of 2018, and 2019 respectively.

Of course he was in 8 movies in 2018 and 7 in 2019 so you figure somethings gotta hit when you put out those types of numbers!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true.

You didn't like him in Den of Thieves, Law Abiding Citizen or 300? Women loved him in the Phantom of the Opera, but I'm not really a play guy, unless its something simple that I can understand like Cats!!