• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I watched this trailer over the weekend. Can't remember on which platform I stumbled upon it, but yea it was a pass for me at the time. But you affirmed everything I gathered in the horror comedy for pre-teens/teens. I am surprised to hear that it had lots of gore. That almost makes me want to give it a shot.
Yeah, nothing crazy, just some ripping heads off, melting faces, ripping body parts off and creating a sword with it lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@returnofjakedog @Sparhawk

16xp-kotto-1-superJumbo-v2.jpg

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Gretel and Hansel. Thought it started out great, the build up of the first 30 minutes just blanketed you with dread. Thought it fizzled out quickly once you met the witch though. The vibe and flow of the movie seemed to shift. Wasn't bad necessarily but I thought they could have knocked it out of the park if the eerieness had continued.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Gretel and Hansel. Thought it started out great, the build up of the first 30 minutes just blanketed you with dread. Thought it fizzled out quickly once you met the witch though. The vibe and flow of the movie seemed to shift. Wasn't bad necessarily but I thought they could have knocked it out of the park if the eerieness had continued.
Watched Gretel & Hansel the other day. An interesting and well done version of the classic fairy tale from director Oz Perkins, the son of Norman Bates/Anthony Perkins. He also directed The Blackcoat's Daughter, which I still need to see.

..........but of course the highlight if Oz's career thus far has to be a different kind of horror co-starring in the Gary Busey is killed and reincarnated as a yap dog in the terrifying Quigley!

Anyways, a virulent plague destroys the countryside so Gretel, 16, and Hansel, 8, flee from their village to try to find shelter with a group in the forest. Along the way they stumble into a dark home deep in the woods, and it is full of food. They are very hungry so Gretel reluctantly agrees to stay there with the kinda creepy old lady owner. From that point they add some cool twists to the old tale as G and H try to navigate the situation. All of this is framed within a legend in their own world about a young girl who had great evil powers.

The good:
*Excellent cinematography.
*A clever and well written interpretation of the story with some good twists.
*Sophia Lily (Beverly from the It remakes) does a decent job carrying the load. This is essentially a 3 person movie (Gretel, Hansel, the witch) but it boils down to Gretel and the witch. The lady that plays the witch is very good also.
*General ambience. A dark, creepy feel is pervasive throughout.

The bad:
*The story moves a bit too slow, and some of the plot points are a little weak.
*Hansel can be annoying (he is an 8 year old) but it is part of the character.

Worth a watch if you appreciate a good morality tale, or an inner struggle of light vs dark type stuff.

I give it a 7 out of 10
Here's a review I did on it awhile back.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Candyman - Since Peele is directing it, it could be interesting/good.
Resident Evil - not gonna hold my breath.
Malignant - is on or will be on HBO Max and is directed by James Wan and the trailer calls 'one of the scariest of all time' - yeah I will watch lol.
Venom 2 - the first one was pretty awful, don't have high hopes for this one. Will watch at some point, but won't go out of my way.
Halloween Kills - I will most likely go see this in theaters, as Michael should be seen that way lol.
Last Night is Soho - looks interesting. When I think of Wright, I think Comedy, so we'll see.
Antlers - kind of excited about this one. It is a pretty good trailer though the opening forest of skinny straight trees is pretty cliche at this point. But I think Cooper does a pretty decent job with tension.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Candyman - Since Peele is directing it, it could be interesting/good.
Resident Evil - not gonna hold my breath.
Malignant - is on or will be on HBO Max and is directed by James Wan and the trailer calls 'one of the scariest of all time' - yeah I will watch lol.
Venom 2 - the first one was pretty awful, don't have high hopes for this one. Will watch at some point, but won't go out of my way.
Halloween Kills - I will most likely go see this in theaters, as Michael should be seen that way lol.
Last Night is Soho - looks interesting. When I think of Wright, I think Comedy, so we'll see.
Antlers - kind of excited about this one. It is a pretty good trailer though the opening forest of skinny straight trees is pretty cliche at this point. But I think Cooper does a pretty decent job with tension.
Peele is not directing Candyman... Some relatively unknown female director is doing it.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peele is not directing Candyman... Some relatively unknown female director is doing it.
Oh, where did I get that then? Then in that case... I won't hold my breath, but I am hopeful.

I checked, he is listed as a Producer and writer. I probably caught something that mentioned Peele and just assumed he was directing it since he has been doing horror movies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched The Block Island Sound, very underwhelming. Super slow paced. I did like the eventual payoff but they didn't give enough breadcrumbs along the way. Well acted, cool setting but just didn't hit the mark.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that was tough... I got 28
I will have to do the quiz later because I can't stop laughing after seeing thing first question .... considering I'm the one who said it.